New Teens Teeth Issue

barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Please help me get rid of these baby teeth on teen Justin!

What teenager has these tiny baby teeth? I've tried unsuccessfully to make the teeth larger to fill in the gaps. The size morphs move all the teeth but don't adjust the gaps. The gap morph only moves the top two teeth. Any ideas?

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757
    edited December 2012

barbult said:

What teenager has these tiny baby teeth? I've tried unsuccessfully to make the teeth larger to fill in the gaps. The size morphs move all the teeth but don't adjust the gaps. The gap morph only moves the top two teeth. Any ideas?

Zev0 and Draagonstorm have a product coming up called Dental Plan that will be an easy fix. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12185/ In the meantime, there's this freebie at ShareCg that should help: http://www.sharecg.com/v/63200/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Front-Teeth-Morphs-for-Genesis

(Alternately, if you have Hitomi, you might try using her teeth smoothing option.... not at home so I can't try it out, unfortunately.)

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 2012

barbult said:

There is a dial teeth smoother that makes the teeth larger and fills in the gaps,I think it's under mouth ......

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 2012

carrie58 said:
    barbult said:

There is a dial teeth smoother that makes the teeth larger and fills in the gaps,I think it's under mouth ......
    I don't see a Teeth Smoother dial. This is all I see under mouth, and none of them do the job. You would thing that size or gap would be it, but nope. Are you sure of the dial name? Perhaps it is part of a morph package I don't have. I have the evolution morphs - head and body,
    Edit: Oh, maybe you mean the Hitomi morph that Cybersox13 referenced. Unfortunately I don't have her. (:

Capture.PNG
    430 x 521 - 54K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Zev0 and Draagonstorm have a product coming up called Dental Plan that will be an easy fix. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12185/ In the meantime, there's this freebie at ShareCg that should help: http://www.sharecg.com/v/63200/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Front-Teeth-Morphs-for-Genesis

(Alternately, if you have Hitomi, you might try using her teeth smoothing option.... not at home so I can't try it out, unfortunately.)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll have to wait for the Zev0 product; it looks very versatile. The ShareCG one says it only works on the two upper front teeth, but I want to fix all of the teeth. Unfortunately I don't have Hitomi, so I can't try that. The only thing I've been able to do so far is dial down the Justin head and dial up some other head. Of course that changes the whole head shape.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll have to wait for the Zev0 product; it looks very versatile. The ShareCG one says it only works on the two upper front teeth, but I want to fix all of the teeth. Unfortunately I don't have Hitomi, so I can't try that. The only thing I've been able to do so far is dial down the Justin head and dial up some other head. Of course that changes the whole head shape.

Jan is around the corner:)

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    barbult said:

You might also want to send a shout to sickleyield at rendo and ask if her fantasy tooth morph pack for genesis would help. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sickleyields-fantastical-teeth-genesis/91791 It seems to be mostly fangs and stuff, like the sets in the creature creator, so I haven't picked it up yet, but if she says it'll help, it's only $5.

edited December 1969

You might also want to send a shout to sickleyield at rendo and ask if her fantasy tooth morph pack for genesis would help. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sickleyields-fantastical-teeth-genesis/91791 It seems to be mostly fangs and stuff, like the sets in the creature creator, so I haven't picked it up yet, but if she says it'll help, it's only $5.

Thanks, it looks like a possibility. I sent SickleYield a PM to ask. The Zev0/DragonStorm product is coming in January, and they think it will solve this problem, too.
    edited December 2012

barbult said:
    barbult said:

Don't think it will judging from those morphs. What you need is a morph that controls the teeth thickness that can be dialed up and down. I see no such morph. That is the only type of morph that will fill the gap, excuse the pun. Here is an example of the thin teeth morph in action from dental plan. It solves just that problem. But you never know...I'd ask her anyway:)

1.jpg
    389 x 793 - 218K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Dental Plan looks great. It would be nice to get a $5 fix ASAP. I'll see what Sickle Yield has to say, if I get a reply. Otherwise, Justin will just have to keep his mouth closed to avoid embarrassment until January.

edited December 2012

This was Draagonstorms solution using Dental Plan.. There are many ways to fix the problem. She went with the teeth size all dialed in negative.

YTJustin_Teeth_Fix.JPG
    1108 x 781 - 136K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2012

Here she used the Thin Teeth morph combined with the Teeth Size All morph.

YTJustin_Teeth_Fix2.JPG
    600 x 416 - 43K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2012

Do both the male and female teen have this teeth problem?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Do both the male and female teen have this teeth problem?

Yes, but Julie is not as bad.
    Julie_baby_teeth.png
    916 x 800 - 502K
  • PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

If you have Hitomi you can fix this: under Shaping - Mouth - Stylized there's the Hitomi Teeth Smoother ;-)

edited December 1969

Can you post a screenshot? There is a difference between smoothing teeth and closing gaps. I'm interested to see the results:)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Puntomaus said:
    If you have Hitomi you can fix this: under Shaping - Mouth - Stylized there's the Hitomi Teeth Smoother ;-)

Hiro 5 has the same morph, so if you have him you can try this too.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Can you post a screenshot? There is a difference between smoothing teeth and closing gaps. I'm interested to see the results:)
    I have such a screenshot myself...

...and another render using the teens.

Teen_Bus.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Tooth_Example.png
    800 x 800 - 442K
    edited December 2012

Incidentally, that's basic Julie with the Teeth Smoother modifier set to 0.4. The following is Justin, who requires a bit of a stronger setting. This is at 0.65 on the Teeth Smoother.

Tooth_Example.png
    800 x 800 - 423K
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 2012

Wow that does look Great..Nice find:) I don't have Hiro5....

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Yeah, the one thing to remember about the smoother is that it's designed to give more of an anime look to the mouth, , so it moves everything towards a single uniform size to create the classic anime "dental horse shoe"shape. It helps a lot in a case like Julie and Justin, but comes at the cost of a lot of the character you get with bigger front teeth, sharper incisors, etc.. Dental Plan is obviously a better solution overall, and everything else is just a stop gap.

edited December 2012

Zev0 said:
    I have such a screenshot myself...

...and another render using the teens.
    That looks great, too. The options are multiplying:
    Dental Plan (not available quite yet)
    Hitomi teeth smoothing (I don't have Hitomi, though)
    Hiro 5 teeth smoothing (I don't have Hiro 5 either)
    SickleYield's fantasy teeth (according to SY, via PM, it was not designed for teen teeth but sort of helps. Tests show that it makes the ends kind of rounded)

I wish they would have put a teeth smoothing morph in the teens, like in Hiro 5 and Hitomi.
    Edit: fixed typo

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

Yeah, the one thing to remember about the smoother is that it's designed to give more of an anime look to the mouth, , so it moves everything towards a single uniform size to create the classic anime "dental horse shoe"shape. It helps a lot in a case like Julie and Justin, but comes at the cost of a lot of the character you get with bigger front teeth, sharper incisors, etc.. Dental Plan is obviously a better solution overall, and everything else is just a stop gap.
    To be frank, it's a little disappointing we need to resort to any kind of workaround just to make the teeth look normal, much less purchase an entire new set of morphs for the task. Still, Hitomi's teeth smoother will suit my humble needs for the moment.

I do secretly hope they'll release an updated version which fixes this issue though.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

The merchants that created this product should be making a fix and update, folks shouldn't have to look for other solutions. From my own experiences in ZBrush using the smoothing brush without masking the inner mouth can cause this to happen as well as exporting the Genesis figure at High Rez... Genesis should always be exported at the lowest rez to any modeling app to avoid these sorts of issues with just about everything with detail. I found it also causes loss in ear detail and the nostrils to shrink and smooth out too much. Again, you should NOT have to be looking around for fixes. The merchants need to fix their product.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    The merchants that created this product should be making a fix and update, folks shouldn't have to look for other solutions. From my own experiences in ZBrush using the smoothing brush without masking the inner mouth can cause this to happen as well as exporting the Genesis figure at High Rez... Genesis should always be exported at the lowest rez to any modeling app to avoid these sorts of issues with just about everything with detail. I found it also causes loss in ear detail and the nostrils to shrink and smooth out too much. Again, you should NOT have to be looking around for fixes. The merchants need to fix their product.

How do we encourage the vendor(s) to fix this? Is a Mantis bug report the way to go? Is there a better way?
    edited December 2012

Not sure what to suggest. Perhaps a ticket. Or track down Thorne here on the forums and send he/she a PM about it and direct the person to this thread making sure you include the thread count number where the complaints started.

Here is a link to the thread where she/he posted their first WIP: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/518/#3786

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Not sure what to suggest. Perhaps a ticket. Or track down Sarsa here on the forums and send he/she a PM about it and direct the person to this thread making sure you include the thread count number where the complaints started.

Thorne, not Sarsa.
    edited December 1969

So the teeth wasn't made like that on purpose? Hmmm....

edited December 1969

Right... found the thread and found that I was wrong about the merchant. Sorry about that. Corrected above with a link to the thread where the WIP's were posted. PM away!

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    So the teeth wasn't made like that on purpose? Hmmm....

I certainly hope not Z!

edited December 1969

I just went back to look at product promo images. Neither Justin or Julie have any images with teeth showing in the promo images. However the Faces for Teens promo images show lots of teeth, and they look fine. I don't have that product. I wonder if it has a teeth morph fix built into the poses, or is something just went badly wrong with the Justin and Julie models after the promo images were created. Or, I wonder if there is interference from some other package we have installed that affects the teeth in a way the vendor did not anticipate.

Can anyone test the faces of teens to see it those expressions fix the teeth?