base's to work off of

PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Is there any way to make a low poly count base to make model clothes on for M4, V4, and K4? I hate having a large poly count item and trying to make clothes to fit it. I want like a one piece body (not sure this is possible) while I practice. I hope someone can understand me, its been a crazy night!! Thanks :)

Comments

• admkrkadmkrk Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

I think I understand what you're saying but it doesn't make sense. If you make something to fit a low poly character it won't fit the high poly version of that character.

Take a simple cube and make a shirt to fit it, then subdivide the cube and see how it fits.

The only other way I can thing you mean isn't possible. Edges don't bend like string, they go from one point to the next in a straight line.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I think I understand what you are getting at - M4, V4 and Genesis come in low-poly versions with very little change in shape, which are fine for fitting clothing. If you didn't get them free with your original content, or want make some other low-poly figures get hold of the free MeshLab - this does a pretty good job of decimating down to under 50% of original poly count without much loss of detail.

• PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cool, I have had M4 and V4 from the start, where would they be in the runtimes or is it a different installer? Thanks so much :)

edited December 1969

That would depend on your system and how you installed your content - mine are in C\Users Documents\Daz3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Geometries\Daz People\blMilMan_m4b_LOD and bl_MilWom_v4b_LOD

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

There used to be a product called the Developer Kit or something like that. It achieved the poly reduction by elininating the head hands & feet. The rest of the torso was exactly the same.

Unfortunately its gone now but you could make tour own.

• PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ty that is what I needed to know the lod part :) tysm!

edited December 1969

Pleasure - just be aware of Admkirk's advice - if you are making tight body-fitting clothing, LOD figures may give you some grief with a tight fit