DSON will not install when pointed to 64 bit Poser 11

There doesn't appear to be anything in the documentation for DSON that requires Poser Pro but DSON will not install through DIM when given the path to a valid 64 bit version of Poser 11.  Is tyhere a bug fix on it's way?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Unless there's been a change, only the Pro versions of Poser are 64-bit

• Download the DSON installer manually and run it. Point it at your Poser 11 directory (Poser.exe). I just had to do that. Worked fine for 2014 Game Dev x64, but 11 Pro x64 gave me the "not a valid Win32 application".

• Bigbear001Bigbear001 Posts: 16
    edited September 2016

Poser 11 comes as either a 32 or 64 bit app.  Since I'm running on Windows 10 the 64 bit app is the one I should use.  As I said there doesn't seem to  be a specification in the docs for DSON running only for Poser Pro.  If DAZ Studio would export pz3 files I'd forget about DSON and import to Vue directly from Studio.

Post edited by Bigbear001 on

In DIM can you go to Settings > Applications and post a screenshot?

• The error I got ws regarding the DSON not being a valid Win32 app, not Poser. I'm running Pro.

I'm still a bit confused as to what you're asking: are you looking for something that says "DSON can only be used with Poser Pro and not Poser non-Pro"?

What FixMyPCMike was saying is that while Poser 11 is both 32 and 64-bit, Poser 11 Pro is only 64-bit. There is no 32-bit version of Poser Pro 11, unless things have changed recently.

• Everything I see says that DSON should install to the regular versions of Poser as well as Poser Pro.  DSON is bugged when it comes to recognizing Poser 11, 64 bit.  It says it isn't either Poser pro 2014 or Poser Pro 2015.  DSON needs a bug fix so it will install as it should.

I've got it pointed to C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser 11 as the Poser application directory.  There's nothing wrong with my settings.  It's DSON that's refusing to be installed if the program being pointed to isn't Poser Pro.  I have no problems eyeballing poser.exe in that directory so there's absolutely no reason that DSON can't find it with the information given.

Not looking for something to tell me DSON can't be used with Poser 11.  Just the opposite I NEED it to work so I can then export files to VUE.  DAZ Studio doesn't export pz3 files which Vue could use it exports pz2 files.

If you think I sound frustrateds you're right!  I've been spending 2 1/2 weeks deleting and reinstalling everything in Studio using DIM so that the libraries are in the right format to be picked up by Poser through DSON.  Believe me I've got a lot of products going back to Studio version 2.3. 

Maybe I should post this as a request for a bug fix.

It would really help if you could post the screenshot, as well as the exact error message you get.

• Forget this thread DSON doesn't support ALL 64 bit versions of Poser. 

"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "DSON Importer for Poser (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Poser Pro 2014, Pro 2012 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again."  Is the message.  I've opened a ticket with DAZ since there is obviously a need for the 64 bit version of DSON to interact with ALL 64 bit versions of Poser.

• Have you tried telling DIM that you have PoserPro 2014 and setting your path? I thought people had had success with that for Poser Pro 11 in the past.

• There doesn't appear to be anything in the documentation for DSON that requires Poser Pro but DSON will not install through DIM when given the path to a valid 64 bit version of Poser 11.  Is tyhere a bug fix on it's way?

I just did a workaround for this. I just re-named the Poser 11 directory Poser Pro 2016 and IM00014897-04_DSONImporterforPoserMac64bit.zip installed with DIM.

There doesn't appear to be anything in the documentation for DSON that requires Poser Pro but DSON will not install through DIM when given the path to a valid 64 bit version of Poser 11.  Is tyhere a bug fix on it's way?

• I have a file called IM00016190-04_DSONImporterforPoserMac64bitPublicBuild.zip and wonder if it is an upgrade or improves upon the earlier IM00014897-04_DSONImporterforPoserMac64bit.zip

Check the dates DIM displays for the two -- the PublicBuild version is the Public Beta, but I don't recall if it's older than the general release or newer.

• mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,472
    edited September 2016

I did the manual download / install method suggested above, and it worked for me. DSON appears to have installed correctly with Poser Pro 11 (64-bit) on Win 10.

Post edited by mmitchell_houston on
  • had the same problem with the "Win32" error... did a manual download install and then i can import DSON Genesis models.

• Hey,

Hand manually instal the INACTIVE VERSION  works for poser 11.

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_16190