Daz Studio 4.9.3 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I never send a bug report, how do we do that. So far I have 2 issues.

One with the Renderstudio Infinite cove and one with OOT Hair blending.

• kervalakervala Posts: 184
    I reported Transfer Utility bug, that's really strange nobody notice it since it's a basic feature of DS to import objects... I just uninstalled DS 4.9.3 and reinstalled DS 4.9.2, the bug is gone and everything is working as expected. I hope they'll find and fix the bug soon.
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,897

In the Camera pane you have Display Hidden Parameters on, in the parameters pane it's off.

Is this a newly created camera or one from an older saved scene? Is the render engien set to Iray?

Ah, there is the issue! It works only on IRay! Ok, thanks, you solved the mistery!smiley

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Any changes noticeable with 3DL?

I've been skimming through the thread and didn't see an answer to timmins.william's question about 3Delight changes.  Did I miss it?

I like to wait a week or two before installing a new release... and let everybody else deal with the bug headaches first.   wink

No offense, I do that with any new software. 

... There wouldn't, by any chance, be an update to the Daz Studio manual, would there?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    scorpio said:
    RAMWolff said:

So Dr.  Did you look into the issue I mentioned in the Beta thread about conformed items not staying put when moving the figure it's conformed too or restyling of the conformer (such as hair) jumping to it's default position as I'm fiddling with the look of the hair and then back again to the figure when the dial is released?

Ram I had this problem with the tail but only in the beta but they are fine in this version - I'm pretty sure its a setting somewhere but for the life of me can't remember what. The tails don't do that weird thing in this version and I feel its because it updates your main version and remembers your settings - where as the beta doesn't.

OK.  thank you SO much for replying.  I'll go ahead and install then.  I have the previous version backed up anyways so at least I can go back if I need to!  It's a real buggar to locate all those install files in my huge download library, I must say, took me over 1/2 hour to get DS, the plugins and default resources zips and .dsx files.  YIKES. 

• oomuoomu Posts: 175
    Roboman28 said:

Re "Requires CUDA 8.0 and recent graphics drivers (see this post for more information)" Found on page 1 at top of this thread

Latest drivers fairly obvious although reminding people does no harm.

Do we have to install a separate program CUDA 8 or is it part of the drivers?

See this post for more information - cant see this tells you anything useful but maybe just over my head.

Not on Windows, I believe Mac users do have to make a separate install.

yes, on mac, CUDA drivers is a separate package to download and install.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

Still contains support for encrypted content (other than scripts, which is fair enough), and DAZ haven't renounced content encryption and pledged that encyption support is just legacy content decryption, so I will still not be installing any 4.9, and will contune with 4.8. (Yes I know one doesn't have to use Connect when using 4.9; but I will not install content encryption supporting software on principle until and unless DAZ completely renoujce content encyption.)

As (a) I don't use Smart Content, (b) I just use folder view in the content pane (for a start with I have a LOT of content from the last 14 years not from DAZ and not in the database, and I need a consistent way to find it all), and (c) after comparison experiments and looking at other people's Iray renders I decided to stick with 3Delight for rendering*, there isn't even a temptation to stray from my staying with 4.8 on principle.

* BTW, a number of PAs and DAZ have missed out on several hundred dollars of purchases from me last year for content I would have bought if it had come with 3DL materials as well, but it only had Iray materials and for that reason I didn't buy it. (Obviously I'm not talking about products that are just e.g. sets of Iray shaders for floors or rocks or whatever; I'm talking about environments, buldings, props, vehicles, weapons, clothes, hair, characters etc..) I have bought a few products that only had Iray shaders, that I wnated enough and the price was reasonable enough that I was prepared to convert the materials to 3DL myself, but the bar is much higher for me to buy something that doesn't have 3DL materials, and the number of things I've bought despite them only having Iray materials is much smaller than the number I didn't buy because they only had Iray materials. The total I would have spent but didn't solely because the products didn't have 3DL materials really does come to quite a few hundred dollars. I'm especially miffed at Platinum Club products starting to appear without 3DL material options, the number of which has been gradualy increasing. I am very seriously thinking about not renewing my PC+nsubscription simply for that reason.

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740
    edited January 2017

With cms off you're not having any load issues in your content library? Cms on is doing fine for me, a touch slow but improved. What should I look for in order to locate my PostgreSQL CMS database?

No issues with CMS off. It's a bit slower for having to scan the directories everytime anew, though. I did put my PostgreSQL CMS database on my D: drive, just beside my Content Library.

I did this a long time ago because of Windows' sometimes overprotective behaviour when something or someone wants to access and/or alter files on the system drive. An additional plus is that you wont have to set up everything anew if you have to set up your Windows OS again when broken. All I'd have to do in that case is install DAZ Studio again after setting up a fresh Win7, the Content Library and CMS database still exist in their last states and will work like nothing did happen. It saves you hours of reinstalling and reoganizing your Content Library.

CMS DB.JPG
    1366 x 728 - 142K
    Post edited by Arnold C on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

That usually happens if you start DAZ Studio too quickly after shutting DIM down, or restarting DAZ Studio too quickly after shutting it down.

Not in this case. This is a bug. Been going on for a while.

and you Connect, then the message reappears on a subsequent restart? Immediately or after a few successful sessions?

Immediately. Every time. As Ostadan mentioned, its been happening since the first update to 4.9. I'm not alone in this, there was quite a discussion for a while.

I took the drastic step, last night, of resetting my database. I didn't want to do it, but I was starting to get really annoyed. I'll be even more annoyed if that doesn't work.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited January 2017

Okay probably slightly OT, but I have something I should maybe submit a bug report/feature request for?

Currently render settings presets wipe out any canvases information, which is pretty irritating. Particularly for me since I: like using canvases and also like switching between really low and final samples via presets so I can use the aux viewport without my computer overheating as much

edit what Id really love though is if they'd set max samples as an option in draw settings, that way my aux viewport could just have different max samples than the main viewport period. I mean you can set it so your aux viewport can have be in a different render mode so why not max samples it would be so nice :(

Post edited by j cade on
  • AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

DAZ 4.9.3 Pro General Release not available for update via DIM?

• AndyS said:

It is. Please make sure that the following Download Filters are checked in DIM:

Software
    Windows 32\64 or Mac 32\64 depending on your OS

Also check Connect Installed as it works for some.

Filter setting not changed.
    My system is 64bit.

However: even switching 32bit on, no 4.9.3 showing.

Why connect? I'm only downloading via DIM !!

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    edited January 2017
    kervala said:
    On my PC, Transfer Utility doesn't work as expected with 4.9.3.166 :(

I'm creating an outfit with Marvelous Designer and exporting it to OBJ, but the fitted figure doesn't keep current morphs of character.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

- Export Genesis 3 body with morphs (for example Height to 105% to have a character measuring 165cm) to OBJ
    - Import OBJ in Marvelous Designer
    - Create outfit and simulate
    - Export outfit to OBJ
    - Import OBJ with DAZ Studio
    - Launch Transfer Utility
    - Scene Item : Genesis 3
    - Item Shape : Current
    - Scene Item : Outfit
    - Check Closest Vertex First (a change with DS 4.9.3)
    - Check Reverse Source Shape From Target
    - Click Accept

The outfit is not fitted and hasn't the right height, I tried exactly the same procedure on another PC with DS 4.9.2 and it works expected.

Please does someone have the same issue ?

Does it exist a fix ?

For the moment, I don't have other choice than copying all DS files from my other computer :s Someone knows how to download DS version 4.9.2 ?

@kervala, is Genesis 3 set to Default or Current in the transfer utility? You did mention that you exported at 105%...

edit: My mistake, you did mention it... hmmmmm.

Post edited by mtl1 on
  • jdfox said:

I have just downloaded 4.9.3.166 Win64 and all the necessary new plugins.

What supplementary files, plugins and programs are necessary for a successful installation of Daz Studio 4.9.3 Pro, General Release?

• What is your current installed version?

• What is your current installed version?

DoctorJellybean, if that Q is for me: 4.9.2.70 (64-bit).

(sorry, it should have occured to me to include that)

What is your current installed version?

Current version is 4.9.2.70, the last official general release.

DIM Download Filter.jpg
    551 x 1031 - 82K
  • AndyS said:

What is your current installed version?

Current version is 4.9.2.70, the last official general release.

I assume you have done this:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/990681/#Comment_990681

You can always use the standalone installers.

• jdfox said:

I have just downloaded 4.9.3.166 Win64 and all the necessary new plugins.

What supplementary files, plugins and programs are necessary for a successful installation of Daz Studio 4.9.3 Pro, General Release?

Just DAZ Studio and the accompanying plugins.

edited January 2017

But, by standalone installer - is it still sychronized with DIM?
    All the former updates automatically worked in DIM.

Post edited by AndyS on
  • AndyS said:

My system is 64bit.

Connect Installed is a tag that is generated locally, apparently it can be over agressive. I had to set the Connect Installed flag to on before the update showed.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,328
    AndyS said:

My system is 64bit.

Check your hidden category. Occasionally mine ended up in there.

Hi Richard,

as you see in my screenshot, the connect flag is active.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    AndyS said:

But, by standalone installer - is it still sychronized with DIM?
    All the former updates automatically worked in DIM.

There is no update installer...it's a full version installer and is the same thing whether it's manually downloaded or DIM does it.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    edited January 2017

"If you have a previous version of DAZ Studio 4, then we STRONGLY recommend that you uninstall that version prior to installing the latest version of DAZ Studio 4."

This is from 2012, but apparently still active advice?

Post edited by Peter Fulford on
    mjc1016 said:
    There is no update installer...it's a full version installer and is the same thing whether it's manually downloaded or DIM does it.

For the previous relaeses it ever appeared under the UPDATE section.

• jdfoxjdfox Posts: 38
    AndyS said:

It is. Please make sure that the following Download Filters are checked in DIM:

Software
    Windows 32\64 or Mac 32\64 depending on your OS

Also check Connect Installed as it works for some.

When I downloaded it - it was still 4.9.2.70!!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    AndyS said:
    mjc1016 said:

For the previous relaeses it ever appeared under the UPDATE section.

That may be...but there was and is no difference between what it downloads...there is only one installer.  Daz doesn't do patch/incremental updates.  It's always the full version.