The PC 'Expired members' party thread

IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Continued from the Update thread so we didn't clog it up - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1556/

Hi everyone and welcome!
Beer and soft drinks on the left and snacks on the right, enjoy!

Post edited by IanTP on

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

A party! WooHoo!! :)

Oh! It looks like I'm the first to arrive. Where should I put the wine?

(or is that whine?) heehee LOL :)

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

A party! WooHoo!! :)

Oh! It looks like I'm the first to arrive. Where should I put the wine?

(or is that whine?) heehee LOL :)

LOL, wine can go with the beer, help urself to snacks :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Can I join in as I am currently masquerading as a member. I will bring some Welsh cakes for the refreshment table,

welsh_cakes_web2.jpg
    718 x 539 - 152K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited June 2012

chohole said:
    Can I join in as I am currently masquerading as a member. I will bring some Welsh cakes for the refreshment table,

IanzThingz posted in the other thread that Star-Bellied Sneetches* are welcome too. Thanks for bringing cakes!

*It's a Dr. Seuss reference, in case you're unfamiliar with the term. Used here to refer to "members of an in-crowd who suddenly find that their status is no longer fashionable."

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

owo, lovely nom nom nom :)

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Oh those look quite tastey.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

gatecrashing, the secret members only party got boring after Michael5 took his Supersuit off and had no geografted bits.
    and got removed for no painted briefs
    Vicky cannot even flash her tits!
    and the beer was flat.

edited December 1969

Ah, you mean I didn't need to bring a bribe.?

But there again most Welsh people (even adopted ones) are very generous, unless they come from West Wales that is.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

IanzThingz posted in the other thread that Star-Bellied Sneetches* are welcome too. Thanks for bringing cakes!

*It's a Dr. Seuss reference, in case you're unfamiliar with the term. Used here to refer to "members of an in-crowd who suddenly find that their status is no longer fashionable."

No idea what Star-Bellied Sneetches means but, yes, all welcome. just want to inject some light relief in all the negative stuff.

Oh wait its in small text... no longer fashionable, yup, sounds about right ;)

edited December 1969

*waves to wendy* Hiya, help urself and welcome :)

• HellerHeller Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

With all of us as expirees, should this be a party or a wake?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Heller said:
    With all of us as expirees, should this be a party or a wake?

A wake? :bug: Please, no! I've been to too many of those over the past six months! :grrr:

Dana

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, all these annual memberships being expired months in advance, does anyone else see the irony that for once DAZ did something TOO SOON?

*snorts-chuckles-snorts* Must be the booze. :lol:

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Welsh cakes? Looks tasty, but I've never heard of them. Although if they were a bit smaller and thicker I'd call them scones. (And then cut one in half, spread it with jam and whipped cream, and settle down with a nice hot cup of tea.)

Looks like I'm in this party as well, my membership is in Norwegian Blue mode.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

I am not actually expired, shows nothing in fact, not even "join the platy numb club"
    or even my name!!
    logged out I get a host of them on each new page.
    this is on my Android.
    PC prices are $1.99 for me so I guess I am not expired and it says members platinum club on my profile page.
    my wishlist of 1item fluctuates wildly
    (decimator if you are curious, been on sale a few times but I always find other things I want more)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Mine says expired, but I think it's just 'cause I turned off auto-renewal on the old store, because I can still access everything and my PC end date shows accurately.

edited December 1969

Welsh cakes? Looks tasty, but I've never heard of them. Although if they were a bit smaller and thicker I'd call them scones. (And then cut one in half, spread it with jam and whipped cream, and settle down with a nice hot cup of tea.)

Welsh cakes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_cake

Lovely straight off the griddle, with a nice hot cuppa tea.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Welsh cakes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_cake

Lovely straight off the griddle, with a nice hot cuppa tea.

They look like pancake cookies. :lol:

• Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
    edited December 1969

It's the fun havoc thread, isn't it?

I've seen somewhere in the forums this site to be compared with the Titanic. That's completely wrong!

It's the reverse Titanic: DAZ hit the iceberg before leaving the harbour and we're still waiting for the wreck to crawl up to the surface ...

Which will happen soon.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Well elsewhere I likened it to a bunch of little Duch boys with their fingers in the dam trying to stop it from breaking... as well as wondering it was maybe the titanic.

There had to of been someway to test things prior to putting it all live...

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Well elsewhere I likened it to a bunch of little Duch boys with their fingers in the dam trying to stop it from breaking... as well as wondering it was maybe the titanic.

There had to of been someway to test things prior to putting it all live...

They claim that they did. But one rule of testing applications is to test under the same configurations that the live one will be subject to. They seem to have forgotten that one. A toy may be fine in the sandbox...but in the ocean, it goes down fast.

Dana

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

According to my log in I'm someone else, I have 684 items on my wishlist and my annual PC membership which isn't set to expire until October is AWOL. I still can't find the stupid coupon code and am willing to bet that it's still AWOL as well. And here I thought our little invasion of Grenada way back when was a FUBAR. At least there we could break into the Ministry of Tourism's office and find accurate maps of the island when Intel (an oxymoron) gave us outdated and inaccurate maps. What a mess.

edited December 1969

Did that really happen? I mean about that maps. That's so funny! I suppose it wasn't funny at the time, though.

Dana

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Those look like delicious cakes! I'm showing up a bit late at the party, but I just looked and turns out I'm expired too!

as DAZ expirates, I'm glad there's a place we can gather and share memories of the old land, and the times before we were exiled.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Gawd it's late (or early, depending on point of view and the birds are singing) to join a party! :)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Gawd it's late (or early, depending on point of view and the birds are singing) to join a party! :)

Nah. This party will continue for some time, I suspect. Drop in when you can!

Dana

edited June 2012

Well its saturday morning and I'm still listed as expired, so i guess this party will run all weekend till the office opens again? Good party tho ;)

Post edited by IanTP on
    edited December 1969

Frank__ said:
    It's the fun havoc thread, isn't it?

I've seen somewhere in the forums this site to be compared with the Titanic. That's completely wrong!

It's the reverse Titanic: DAZ hit the iceberg before leaving the harbour and we're still waiting for the wreck to crawl up to the surface ...

Which will happen soon.

Soon? or Daz S o o n? ;)

• pixelkid76pixelkid76 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Ok, I'm joining the party, too. No PC-Membership under my subcriptions. But they're working on it - I was told! My submitted zen-ticket was answered within 48 hours.

:cheese:

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Did that really happen? I mean about that maps. That's so funny! I suppose it wasn't funny at the time, though.

Dana

It most certainly did and it was pretty funny. Even in the middle of it all. After all, we were sent to rescue people who didn't know they needed to be rescued and really didn't want to be rescued.

Wonder if there's a Ministry of Tourism office around here we can break into and find some useable maps.