Daz Studio 4.9.3 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I know of four things that cause this...one was mentioned by Doctor Jellybean, two more are permissions/security software blocking Postgre and last is running on Linux without setting up the Linux native version of Postgre and making Studio use that.  Of course, there could be more ways...but eliminating those 4 is a good place to start (well, 3 if you aren't running in Linux).

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    edited January 2017

I'm currently not getting any renders on my 960 4GB on my PCI-E slot. Will update drivers and do a few tests...

edit: I can now confirm that the latest drivers from December solves this issue :)

Post edited by mtl1 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    mtl1 said:

I'm currently not getting any renders on my 960 4GB on my PCI-E slot. Will update drivers and do a few tests...

edit: I can now confirm that the latest drivers from December solves this issue :)

It seems that the minimum driver version is 37x.xx. 

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Killed all those postgres/cms processes by hand from Mac command line, and tried again.  It worked this time.

I also get a spurious CMS connection bug on startup (and have always in my 4.9 install; but not the beta).  I do not get this in my laptop installation.  I think the problem is that the installer puts the CMS in the system /Applications/DAZ 3D tree, regardless of where Studio is.  On my desktop, Studio is installed in my user home directory rather than in the /Applications tree; but on my laptop, it is installed in the 'standard' /Applications location.  Somehow, studio expects to see the CMS system in the same parent directory as Studio itself, and even though it launches correctly anyway, throws an error if it isn't found there.

I will experiment with copying the CMS stuff from /Applications to my home DAZ 3D folder at a later time.

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740

And now, my folders are once again taking 2-3 seconds to load in my content library. Seriously annoying. The new build is also taking forever to load a simple character model. About 5 minutes so far... Anyone else having trouble with this build? I dont know why it would start like this, then correct itself only to go back to this lousy performance.

Not on my end. A simple Gen 3 figure loads in "0 min 6.2 sec.", and a saved scene of a clothed Gen 3 figure (top, pants), with 3x hair (one active, two disabled), 2 textured "plane primitives" and a light set loads in "0 min 14.3 sec." according to the log.

2.40 Ghz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, 6 GB RAM and Win7 64 bit OS, not the fastest gear around. I might add that my Content Library and PostgreSQL CMS database is resident on drive D: than on the system drive C:.

Compared to the DS 4.9.2.70 General Build, DS 4.9.3.166 is a little bit faster: 

Total Rendering Time: 4 minutes 22.72 seconds
    1065 iterations, 13.231s init, 247.244s render

to

Total Rendering Time: 3 minutes 7.85 seconds
    667 iterations, 4.516s init, 181.708s render

on a *cough* GeForce GT 730 *cough* blush (OptiX Prime Acceleration "On" and Instancing Optimization "Speed") for the default DAZ "Material Ball" scene, which comes with the "Default Resources for DAZStudio 4.9".

• Arnold C said:

And now, my folders are once again taking 2-3 seconds to load in my content library. Seriously annoying. The new build is also taking forever to load a simple character model. About 5 minutes so far... Anyone else having trouble with this build? I dont know why it would start like this, then correct itself only to go back to this lousy performance.

Not on my end. A simple Gen 3 figure loads in "0 min 6.2 sec.", and a saved scene of a clothed Gen 3 figure (top, pants), with 3x hair (one active, two disabled), 2 textured "plane primitives" and a light set loads in "0 min 14.3 sec." according to the log.

2.40 Ghz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, 6 GB RAM and Win7 64 bit OS, not the fastest gear around. I might add that my Content Library and PostgreSQL CMS database is resident on drive D: than on the system drive C:.

to

on a *cough* GeForce GT 730 *cough* blush (OptiX Prime Acceleration "On" and Instancing Optimization "Speed") for the default DAZ "Material Ball" scene, which comes with the "Default Resources for DAZStudio 4.9".

With cms off you're not having any load issues in your content library? Cms on is doing fine for me, a touch slow but improved. What should I look for in order to locate my PostgreSQL CMS database?

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587
    edited January 2017

So, I installed new Studio and did a single G3F render with HDR light 55sec and 321interations of Iray. Works great my specs are in my signature. Update did a CPU only render using the same model and lights and the CPU render was 7min 50sec and 373 interations and it looks great. It looks like now if you can not afford a new GPU you can now use a beefy CPU setup like mine to do IRAY via CPU without waiting days for a render to happen.

Amanda Playing the Maid Iray 55sec 321 interations.jpg
    869 x 1860 - 182K
    Post edited by Silver Dolphin on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    RAMWolff said:

So Dr.  Did you look into the issue I mentioned in the Beta thread about conformed items not staying put when moving the figure it's conformed too or restyling of the conformer (such as hair) jumping to it's default position as I'm fiddling with the look of the hair and then back again to the figure when the dial is released?

Ram I had this problem with the tail but only in the beta but they are fine in this version - I'm pretty sure its a setting somewhere but for the life of me can't remember what. The tails don't do that weird thing in this version and I feel its because it updates your main version and remembers your settings - where as the beta doesn't.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,060
    edited January 2017
    Arnold C said:

to

With cms off you're not having any load issues in your content library? Cms on is doing fine for me, a touch slow but improved. What should I look for in order to locate my PostgreSQL CMS database?

In Studio - F2 or edit->preferences; cms settings tab. This can be moved to wherever you want; I strongly suggest an SSD if you've got one - I have nearly 7,000 items installed and the whole directory takes up 1.7 GB.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    fastbike1 said:

I have a feeling that's just the cove. If one of the textures is applied, the issue isn't visible.

FWIW, I haven't seen an obvious visible difference in renders between 4.9.2.70 and the latest release or latest beta (4.9.3.166). i hae seen generally faster rendering. Haven't explored the spectral rendering / caustics yet.

Pet said:

Well I installed via DIM and now the Infinite Cove that comes with Renderstudio looks awful. I attached an image for you to see, maybe someone can help me.

Is there a way to install the previouse DS version again, I use that cove for most of my renders and need it working.

Petra

I shall try again and apply a texture. Thank you for the reply. I use the cove in most of my renders. I LOVE IT lol.

fastbike1 said:

I have a feeling that's just the cove. If one of the textures is applied, the issue isn't visible.

FWIW, I haven't seen an obvious visible difference in renders between 4.9.2.70 and the latest release or latest beta (4.9.3.166). i hae seen generally faster rendering. Haven't explored the spectral rendering / caustics yet.

Pet said:

Well I installed via DIM and now the Infinite Cove that comes with Renderstudio looks awful. I attached an image for you to see, maybe someone can help me.

Is there a way to install the previouse DS version again, I use that cove for most of my renders and need it working.

Petra

I just tested and it still looks horrible. Not sure what the issue is and what could fix this.:(

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    edited January 2017

@ fastbike1:
    Thanks for the screenshots, but my situationis different!

As you can see, in Parameters they are totally missing and in Cameras they are greyed!

P.S.

Ah, I'm on DAZ 64 bit! I hope those features aren't limited to the 32bit version like the lipsync...

01.jpg
    378 x 960 - 78K
    02.jpg
    378 x 954 - 91K
    Post edited by Imago on
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,952

I am not getting these updates. Have been checking the DIM for days now. Still nothing. i'm on 4.9.0.6.3 how do I get DIM to download this latest versions?? Is there another setting which has been changed and needs to be changed back? (like when it started to delete all my downloaded content a while back)

• Hera said:

I am not getting these updates. Have been checking the DIM for days now. Still nothing. i'm on 4.9.0.6.3 how do I get DIM to download this latest versions?? Is there another setting which has been changed and needs to be changed back? (like when it started to delete all my downloaded content a while back)

Assuming you have done this

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/990681/#Comment_990681

Check your Download Filters in DIM (General, Software, Plugin, Windows 32/64 or Mac 32/64)

• Hi...

I cannot finish the installation. It seems to enter a loop in "Installing content management service" and does not continue... if I cancel, i lost ths installed Daz Studio...

Any solution? Thanks

Ostadan said:

Hi...

I cannot finish the installation. It seems to enter a loop in "Installing content management service" and does not continue... if I cancel, i lost ths installed Daz Studio...

Any solution? Thanks

Also seem to be experiencing this.  This is on a Mac.  There appear to be PostgresqlCMS processes running that are accumulating CPU time, so perhaps it just takes a very long time.

Yep, theres is a lot of process and I found was the exe file running what is not working. I killed the task and the installation continues

• kervalakervala Posts: 184
    edited January 2017
    On my PC, Transfer Utility doesn't work as expected with 4.9.3.166 :(

I'm creating an outfit with Marvelous Designer and exporting it to OBJ, but the fitted figure doesn't keep current morphs of character.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

- Export Genesis 3 body with morphs (for example Height to 105% to have a character measuring 165cm) to OBJ
    - Import OBJ in Marvelous Designer
    - Create outfit and simulate
    - Export outfit to OBJ
    - Import OBJ with DAZ Studio
    - Launch Transfer Utility
    - Scene Item : Genesis 3
    - Item Shape : Current
    - Scene Item : Outfit
    - Check Closest Vertex First (a change with DS 4.9.3)
    - Check Reverse Source Shape From Target
    - Click Accept

The outfit is not fitted and hasn't the right height, I tried exactly the same procedure on another PC with DS 4.9.2 and it works expected.

Please does someone have the same issue ?

Does it exist a fix ?

For the moment, I don't have other choice than copying all DS files from my other computer :s Someone knows how to download DS version 4.9.2 ?
    Post edited by kervala on
  • Roboman28Roboman28 Posts: 210

Re "Requires CUDA 8.0 and recent graphics drivers (see this post for more information)" Found on page 1 at top of this thread

Latest drivers fairly obvious although reminding people does no harm.

Do we have to install a separate program CUDA 8 or is it part of the drivers?

See this post for more information - cant see this tells you anything useful but maybe just over my head.

• Imago said:

@ fastbike1:

As you can see, in Parameters they are totally missing and in Cameras they are greyed!

P.S.

Ah, I'm on DAZ 64 bit! I hope those features aren't limited to the 32bit version like the lipsync...

In the Camera pane you have Display Hidden Parameters on, in the parameters pane it's off.

Is this a newly created camera or one from an older saved scene? Is the render engien set to Iray?

edited January 2017

Annnnnnnnndddddd thats the one, LOLs

So...... anyone who is lazy and dumb like me...... update your drivers if you havn't since you got the card...... it works wonders.

I am on Windows 10 64 bit with a Geforce GTX 980 ti, which driver to I choose, I am a bit dumb. eeek

Post edited by Petra on
  • That usually happens if you start DAZ Studio too quickly after shutting DIM down, or restarting DAZ Studio too quickly after shutting it down.

Not in this case. This is a bug. Been going on for a while.

and you Connect, then the message reappears on a subsequent restart? Immediately or after a few successful sessions?

• Roboman28 said:

Re "Requires CUDA 8.0 and recent graphics drivers (see this post for more information)" Found on page 1 at top of this thread

See this post for more information - cant see this tells you anything useful but maybe just over my head.

Not on Windows, I believe Mac users do have to make a separate install.

• Roboman28 said:

It is part of the drivers.

• Pet said:

So...... anyone who is lazy and dumb like me...... update your drivers if you havn't since you got the card...... it works wonders.

I am on Windows 10 64 bit with a Geforce GTX 980 ti, which driver to I choose, I am a bit dumb. eeek

If you download from NVIDIA drivers webpage, you enter your card and it will display the latest version to download and install.

Pet said:

If you download from NVIDIA drivers webpage, you enter your card and it will display the latest version to download and install.

It does not show the Geforce GTX 980ti one for me. Do you have a link to that page?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    Pet said:
    Pet said:

It does not show the Geforce GTX 980ti one for me. Do you have a link to that page?

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

Fishtales said:
    Pet said:
    Pet said:

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

thank you, I found it already lol. May I ask what the big performence differents is? I do not see anything different. hmmm

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I don't have a Nvidia card, only CPU, so I can't comment on that.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I'm running the 64bit version. Don't know what else to say / no other suggestions. 

Imago said:

@ fastbike1:

P.S.

• tmg01tmg01 Posts: 4

I can no longer delete Default categories with the Content DB Editor "Default/Wardrobe/Footwear" for instance

ie. "Delete Selected Categories" or "Delete Selected Categories from Listed Files"

When they are removed the are automatically put back

I normally edit all the default categories of a product to more suit my needs

• Where can we send bug reports? my updated Daz keeps crashing when I use certain products.