Slow DSON in Poser

Every model, that requires DSON to run in Poser, takes a very long time to load...and it has been like that in every version of Poser I had.

Is that normal or is there a way around this?

Comments

• Is the DSON content, and its Poser Companion Files, in the first of your libraries? Having it in a library well down the list can have a speed penalty.

• LunauLunau Posts: 3
    edited January 2017

I have DSON put inside the runtime folder/Python/addons. My other stuff has been put elsewere in collections on my drive and loaded into Poser when is has use for it. Is that really what makes it so slow?

Post edited by Lunau on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited January 2017
    Lunau said:

I have DSON put inside the runtime folder/Python/addons. My other stuff has been put elsewere in collections on my drive and loaded into Poser when is has use for it. Is that really what makes it so slow?

You have it set up correctly. 

Richard is referring to the order that external libraries are listed may have an effect on speed; I haven't seen any hard data on that, but it is possible that moving the runtime containing Genesis/DSON models nearer to the top of the list may cause Poser to look for files there first...

Post edited by WandW on
  • It certainly can, yes. By DSON content I meant the DSON core files that go with the Poser Comapnion Files, not the importer plug-in itself.