Daz Studio 4.9.3 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• Annnnnnnnndddddd thats the one, LOLs

So...... anyone who is lazy and dumb like me...... update your drivers if you havn't since you got the card...... it works wonders.

• MoisheMoishe Posts: 4
    edited January 2017

Hooray!

We just got some new machines here with 4 Nividia Titan X Pascals (on a Supermicro dual Xeon chassis). We installed DAZ on one of them.  Each and render times seem to be very fast -- a typical scene with an architectural model, a few figures, and 6 lights renderes in about 4 minutes instead of 20 on our dual 970 machine.

A very simple scene with one Genesis 3 figure, some hair, and clothes rendered in less than one minute.

However, I'm not seeing equal load across all the cards in my monitoring app. Not sure if it's because iRay isn't finding them, or if my monitoring app isn't accurate.

I also haven't experimented with allowing the render to use the CPUs as well (dual 6-core Xeons). I've seen it go faster when I've turned them off.

I'll run some more benchmarks and post the numbers. I'll see if I can import a more complex scene from another app and set it up for iRay. We tend to use DAZ just to quickly pose a few human characters for export into Maya, etc.

One issue so far:

We did a fresh install on our new Supermicro machine. And there are a number of "orphaned" files in the content database--all of them are the "Poser" versions of DAZ content. There used to be a CMS option to "remove all orphaned items" but I don't see this anymore. One of the release notes indicated it was intentionally removed. Is there a replacement action I can do?

Post edited by Moishe on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,874
    Imago said:

I created a new camera, but Blades and Lens proprieties are empty in my DAZ... I'm doing something wrong?

Nobody else has my same issue with cameras? I was waiting for it since months and now it seems to not work!

@ Ivy:

Do you really believe DAZ would put a diagonal watermark in renders, like the cheapest shareware from 1981?

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    Ivy said:
    wiz said:

Any changes noticeable with 3DL?

I've heard that the word "DEPRICATED" appears as a diagonal watermark across all renders.

Is that really True?  .  Because if so I won't update daz if it has a water mark in 3DL.   I got like 20 plus scenes left to render for a animtion I'been working on for months, last thing i need is a watermark to show up .. Grief 

I'm 99.999999% sure that wiz is but having a giggle. D|S has never been able to generate watermarks, else we'd be able to generate layered renders (now that would be cool).

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited January 2017
    Ivy said:
    wiz said:

I've heard that the word "DEPRICATED" appears as a diagonal watermark across all renders.

Is that really True?  .  Because if so I won't update daz if it has a water mark in 3DL.   I got like 20 plus scenes left to render for a animtion I'been working on for months, last thing i need is a watermark to show up .. Grief 

No watermarks.

3Delight.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 516K
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2017
    wiz said:

That is not helpful...and a flat out lie.

The version is updated to 12.0.27 and there are minor speed gains (in progressive/full raytrace).

493test.png
    640 x 800 - 488K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133

Thanks for the answers guys . I'm glad it was a joke. Had me worried there for minute..lol  I have some animation work in progress so you can see why I asked because if there are any updates to 3delight I should be aware of? because this animation has like 120 scenes in it so far, So I'd be pretty upset if I was not able to finish it that is why I asked.?  Hmmm , Maybe its best if i just hold off updating until this projects done just to be safe.

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2017

OK, heres my problem with this release. It takes approximately 2-3 seconds to open any folder in my daz or poser directories. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas?

This is in my content directory.

Edit:

OK, it seems to have corrected itself. Back to normal.

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited January 2017

I see all the parameters for Blades and Lens 

Imago said:
    Imago said:

I created a new camera, but Blades and Lens proprieties are empty in my DAZ... I'm doing something wrong?

Nobody else has my same issue with cameras? I was waiting for it since months and now it seems to not work!

@ Ivy:

Do you really believe DAZ would put a diagonal watermark in renders, like the cheapest shareware from 1981?

Capture.PNG
    485 x 635 - 50K
    Capture1.PNG
    470 x 438 - 19K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Congratulation, Folks,

Transmitted color map in the Iray Uber Material is now ignored due to a limitation described in the Iray programmers guide

• "The material's volume coefficients are varying in MDL, however, Iray Photoreal only supports uniform coefficients"

So the skins of all my characters won't work any more. angry

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2017
    Ivy said:
    wiz said:

no, he just crawled out from under a bridge     hmm,   did I really just type that.   Ooops, I think my cats took over control of the keyboard  

Post edited by Chohole on
  • hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    AndyS said:

Congratulation, Folks,

Transmitted color map in the Iray Uber Material is now ignored due to a limitation described in the Iray programmers guide

• "The material's volume coefficients are varying in MDL, however, Iray Photoreal only supports uniform coefficients"

Actually, I believe they'll work as they always have.  The 'fix' listed is that Iray was allowing Varying values to be input to the Transmitted Color Map, but it never allowed varying.  MDL 1.3 specifies that it can be Varying type, but Iray doesn't (yet) support non-uniform transmitted color maps for Volume Shaders.

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    edited January 2017
    Chohole said:
    Ivy said:
    wiz said:

no,  he  just crawled out from under a bridge.      hmm,   did I really just type that.

Yeah, I think he was looking for some very gruff goats somewhere.....

Post edited by Chohole on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I have a feeling that's just the cove. If one of the textures is applied, the issue isn't visible.

FWIW, I haven't seen an obvious visible difference in renders between 4.9.2.70 and the latest release or latest beta (4.9.3.166). i hae seen generally faster rendering. Haven't explored the spectral rendering / caustics yet.

Pet said:

Well I installed via DIM and now the Infinite Cove that comes with Renderstudio looks awful. I attached an image for you to see, maybe someone can help me.

Is there a way to install the previouse DS version again, I use that cove for most of my renders and need it working.

Petra

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Hi,

hphoenix said:
    AndyS said:

Congratulation, Folks,

Actually, I believe they'll work as they always have.  The 'fix' listed is that Iray was allowing Varying values to be input to the Transmitted Color Map, but it never allowed varying.  MDL 1.3 specifies that it can be Varying type, but Iray doesn't (yet) support non-uniform transmitted color maps for Volume Shaders.

OK, I see. Perhaps I mistook it with translucency, where I used the skin texture itself to intensify the contrasts.
    In transmitted color the Uber shader ever only offered a color input.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    Chohole said:
    Ivy said:
    wiz said:

no,  this guy just crawled out from under a bridge     hmm,   did I really just type that.   Ooops, I think my cats took over control of the keyboard  

Ha Ha HA

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    AndyS said:

Hi,

hphoenix said:
    AndyS said:

Congratulation, Folks,

OK, I see. Perhaps I mistook it with translucency, where I used the skin texture itself to intensify the contrasts.
    In transmitted color the Uber shader ever only offered a color input.

Ignoring the map is better than not ignoring it and having things mess up...like it used to.  Even better would have been making it a straight, nonmappable color...but it does appear that at some point the ability to use maps in that slot will make it into Iray, so they'd just have to change it back later.

And yes, maps are fine in Translucency.

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

mad cheesy grin -installing

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878
    wiz said:

Now that's comedy!

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    wiz said:

Now that's comedy!

How many people can explain a concept like "spectral rendering" in one breath, then go on to make a joke that awesome in the next breath?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Well, I had the update on my dim on my work computer.  However, it does not come up in DIM on my home pc or my laptop.  Not sure I want to do a manual install as I have no idea where to put it.

• Well, I had the update on my dim on my work computer.  However, it does not come up in DIM on my home pc or my laptop.  Not sure I want to do a manual install as I have no idea where to put it.

Check that the DIM settings at home are the same for work. Maunal installs ..... it should automatically install to the correct location.

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 155

It's all sitting there in my DIM but I'm a little hesitant to update.

I'm running ver. 4.9.2.70 without problems and seldom use iRay due to hardware

limitations. Is there any other advantage to update other than iRay?

Your help is appreciated!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

Well, I had the update on my dim on my work computer.  However, it does not come up in DIM on my home pc or my laptop.  Not sure I want to do a manual install as I have no idea where to put it.

Check your hidden files just in case for some reason it is hidden. Downloading it on one computer has nothing to do with the others. It will be available for all 3 computers.

• Hi...

I cannot finish the installation. It seems to enter a loop in "Installing content management service" and does not continue... if I cancel, i lost ths installed Daz Studio...

Any solution? Thanks

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2017

OK, heres my problem with this release. It takes approximately 2-3 seconds to open any folder in my daz or poser directories. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas?

This is in my content directory.

Edit:

OK, it seems to have corrected itself. Back to normal.

And now, my folders are once again taking 2-3 seconds to load in my content library. Seriously annoying. The new build is also taking forever to load a simple character model. About 5 minutes so far... Anyone else having trouble with this build? I dont know why it would start like this, then correct itself only to go back to this lousy performance.

And what exactly is this?

2017-01-05 16:42:13.077 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in contentFilterPathsToCloudInstalledContent: could not connect to server: Connection refused.

What is trying to CONNECT and why? I dont use Connect so why is ds trying to connect to anything?

At startup I get a log file that is filled with server connection failures, libpng warnings, whatever that is.

Oh, ok. This 2-3 second delay that I get when navigating to folders is caused by turning off cms which I never use. In passed builds, it tended to slow things down. Now it seems that turning cms off makes ds unbearably slow.

Great.

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Hi...

I cannot finish the installation. It seems to enter a loop in "Installing content management service" and does not continue... if I cancel, i lost ths installed Daz Studio...

Any solution? Thanks

Also seem to be experiencing this.  This is on a Mac.  There appear to be PostgresqlCMS processes running that are accumulating CPU time, so perhaps it just takes a very long time.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
    edited January 2017

I thought this was supposed to fix the failure to connect to CMS bug?

Am I going to be stuck in beta-land forever?

failure.JPG
    504 x 129 - 22K
    Post edited by evilded777 on
  • That usually happens if you start DAZ Studio too quickly after shutting DIM down, or restarting DAZ Studio too quickly after shutting it down.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

That usually happens if you start DAZ Studio too quickly after shutting DIM down, or restarting DAZ Studio too quickly after shutting it down.

Not in this case. This is a bug. Been going on for a while.