Modeling a character for Genesis.

2»

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Really looking good. Thanks for sharing your progress on this character.

• Roberto MeloRoberto Melo Posts: 496
    edited December 1969

Thank you my friend! Learning and sharing is one of my greatest pleasures I have!

Enjoy!

edited December 2012

Let's continue with the Face of Bruuna! Much work!

0022.jpg
    1022 x 736 - 537K
    0021.jpg
    1023 x 733 - 561K
    0020.jpg
    1024 x 735 - 559K
    0019.jpg
    1023 x 734 - 796K
    0017.jpg
    1022 x 731 - 576K
    Post edited by Roberto Melo on
    edited December 2012

Finally the face of Bruuna ready. It is impossible to publish step by step with details. Body and Head, was injected into Genesis - Base, about 100 times. Where the character posed, by detecting defects in geometry and returning to the Hexagon to fix. Anyway I think it's an idea of the work I have done.

0026.jpg
    1024 x 736 - 324K
    0025.jpg
    1024 x 727 - 364K
    0024.jpg
    1024 x 733 - 382K
    0023.jpg
    1023 x 730 - 358K
    edited December 2012

Now let's inject the Morph in Genesis - Base. And correct name.

0027b.jpg
    1024 x 736 - 319K
    0027a.jpg
    1024 x 736 - 332K
    0027.jpg
    1024 x 736 - 467K
    edited December 2012

Morph created and injected. Test morph and if everything is
    correct, we will configure parameter settings.

0030.jpg
    1024 x 736 - 322K
    0029.jpg
    1024 x 736 - 305K
    0028.jpg
    1024 x 736 - 328K
    edited December 2012

Now let's save the morph as a document of Daz Studio. Daz Creates a folder with your name and the name of your product. In: Library / Data / DAZ3D / Genesis / Morphs ...

You can save it as a document that you can read and edit as if made ​​with a Cr2, or you can save it compressed.

Daz will save everything in this folder. How is a custom character, I delete more than 200 document for Genesis, and just stay with the My Document: FHMBruuna Head. Only what matters to me, where the deltas are saved / Geometry my morph.

0035.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 304K
    0034.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 225K
    0033.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 233K
    0032.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 353K
    0031.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 343K
    edited December 2012

Apply the card large in PNG, in parameters settings of my morph.

0038.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 338K
    0037.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 307K
    0036.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 306K
    edited December 2012

Ok, Bruuna 2.0 to Genesis, is ready.

Some tips for the proper functioning of characters
    FBM - Full Body Morphs and FHM - Full Head Morphs.

In case to conform, the skeleton of Genesis, in my character.

0043.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 382K
    0042.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 370K
    0041.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 338K
    0040.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 338K
    0039.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 274K
    edited December 2012

Adjust rigging to shape.

0046.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 243K
    0045.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 395K
    0044.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 393K
    edited December 2012

Anyway Bruuna 2.0 for Genesis.

Hope you enjoy.

Big hug.

Beto

PS: Coming Soon for everyone.

0047.jpg
    1022 x 718 - 311K
    Final3.jpg
    1022 x 739 - 357K
    Final2.jpg
    1022 x 739 - 285K
    Final.jpg
    1022 x 739 - 285K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Happy Dance, Happy Dance, Happy Dance...

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,093
    edited December 1969

I can't wait! She looks amazing.

edited December 2012

Jaderail said:
    Happy Dance, Happy Dance, Happy Dance...

LA - LA - RI - LA - LÁ...HEHEHEHEHEHEHE............

edited December 1969

I can't wait! She looks amazing.

My friend. I'm working on that at Christmas, I post it on ShareCG -

My Christmas gift to all of you!

Big hug!! :)

edited December 1969

I have a question vital to DAZ3D.

If my character is morphs created by me. Can I file for save "duf" as a propfigure, so where does it come with bones adjusted to their proper shape.

But in my testing, Daz Studio saves everything with my document. All of Genesis - Base, Genepool, UVSets,
    how to distribute it legally.

Why save in PropFigure - duf ? - Just because the character just comes with the bones set adjusted.

I can not save the bones with my character set of sliders.

Help me my Friends moderators.

Thank you.

Beto.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Roberto Melo, if I understand your question correctly it's that you want to know why it is you save a morph to a separate file?

The answer is this: so you can, yourself, use it on other characters, and so you yourself can distribute your custom morph.

If you do not Save As: Support Asset: Morph Asset, then you will have it embedded with one single figure. That can be a good thing if that's what you want. It will mean your character file will be a whole lot bigger, though.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Roberto Melo, if I understand your question correctly it's that you want to know why it is you save a morph to a separate file?

The answer is this: so you can, yourself, use it on other characters, and so you yourself can distribute your custom morph.

If you do not Save As: Support Asset: Morph Asset, then you will have it embedded with one single figure. That can be a good thing if that's what you want. It will mean your character file will be a whole lot bigger, though.

Only files saved using Save As->Support Asset->Morph Asset can be distributed. On a related note, you have to use "Reverse deformations" in the morph Loader Pro option to create of morph of only your changes. For example if you make a morph for M5, you have to have the M5 morph active, then use morph loader pro to load your morph against that, using the "Reverse deformation". That will create a morph of only your changes. Then when you save that morph, you can distribute it and will require people that own M5 in order to use your morph.

edited December 2012

wancow said:

Only files saved using Save As->Support Asset->Morph Asset can be distributed. On a related note, you have to use "Reverse deformations" in the morph Loader Pro option to create of morph of only your changes. For example if you make a morph for M5, you have to have the M5 morph active, then use morph loader pro to load your morph against that, using the "Reverse deformation". That will create a morph of only your changes. Then when you save that morph, you can distribute it and will require people that own M5 in order to use your morph.

It's hard to communicate with an English translator, please excuse me.

1 - The character was created entirely with custom morphs. The character is my creation and I distribute it, when, and where you want. This is already my creation.

2 - Done I saved the character, morphs assets (s).

3 - The morph works with all the figures, but the skeleton and scruffy. Always have to use the command: "Adjust rigging to shape."

4 - The only way I could save my character, is lined with the bones of the form: Figure Prop Asset. Just as it is the characters of DAZ3D, distributed with DazStudio 4.

5 - Even creating a Prop Figure assets, is nescessário
    the document created when I saved as Morph Asset (s).

6 - The problem is that saving a Figure Prop Assets. This also saves the documents of Genesis. Along with my Figure. Without these documents to my figure, it not works with the basic morphs, and accepts no morph of Genesis.

7 - These documents Genesis Base can be distributed, with my Prop Figure assets?? That is the question.

Forum_0003.jpg
    1023 x 737 - 362K
    Forum_0002.jpg
    1023 x 737 - 376K
    Forum_0001.jpg
    1023 x 738 - 391K
    edited December 1969

You not only need to save the morph, you must also save the Character Preset. And then send it to a friend to test it to make sure it all works.

Your custom morphs may be distributed. You'll find them under My Library/data/daz3d/genesis/base/morphs/

You will find the character preset wherever you saved it. I would recommend saving it under My Library/People//Genesis/Characters/ (with a Sub Folder like Bruuna or whatever).

Nice work, by the way. The figure looks fantastic!

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

1 - The character was created entirely with custom morphs. The character is my creation and I distribute it, when, and where you want. This is already my creation.

When you loaded your custom morph using Morph Loader Pro, did you select "Reverse deformations"? if you did not, that is incorrect, because it saved Genesis information with your custom morph and you cannot distribute your morph like that. You have to load your morph with "Reverse deformations".

3 - The morph works with all the figures, but the skeleton and scruffy. Always have to use the command: "Adjust rigging to shape."

4 - The only way I could save my character, is lined with the bones of the form: Figure Prop Asset. Just as it is the characters of DAZ3D, distributed with DazStudio 4.

If you adjust the rigging, you have to use the Property Editor and "ERC Freeze"... this will save your rigging changes to a morph dial. Save this as a "Morph Asset" and you will not need Prop Figure.

When you finish, you will have 2 morph files: 1) your custom morph and 2) a file that controls the custom morph and the adjusted rigging.

I'm not at my computer to make pictures, so maybe someone can help explain it better.

edited December 1969

Wait, are you starting from Scratch? I thought you had a V4 set of custom morphs that could be GenXed...

• RNR_DV8RNR_DV8 Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

I always just use this video for saving a morph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI-a9XiXBNM it doesn't matter where you made the shape the principal is the same, adjust the rigging and do the erc freeze then save as a morph asset, ( file/save as/Support Asset//morph asset.....) then it doesn't need anything other than daz studio and genesis to work.

Post edited by RNR_DV8 on
  • Sean123Sean123 Posts: 49

Modeling a character for Genesis.

Hello Guys!

Last week I tried to post this topic here.
    Unfortunately I have no luck, I was doing my
    character wrongly. And violating DAZ3D - copyright. With great affection, the moderator helped me explaining how to make a custom character with morphs.

I can create a custom character, using my inspiration, creativity, and freely by making the modeling.
    I can not copy, any character, in that I have
    used morphs from DAZ3D.

I copied my character, Bruuna. Modeling the way we make clothes for V4. For example I did
    a bodysuit. I copied V4 - Morphs + + - Muscle Morphs. Thus there could distribute my character.

Now I share the creation of Bruuna for Genesis
    the right way, using my inspiration, and my
    experience as a draftsman since I was a child, and 25 years of professional illustrator.

I invite everyone to participate with reviews, suggestions, compliments, and I hope you all enjoy.

Greetings.

Beto.

• Sean123Sean123 Posts: 49

Thanks Beto... for this exclusive tutorial !!!