HELP! I found GRAY HAIR!!! *WINNERS Announced!*

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
edited February 2013 in The Commons

NO!!!

The worst has happened!
I'm only a 31 year old mom..... and today I found THREE GRAY HAIRS.

THREE, I tell you! THREE!

(Oh the horror...the horror! It was horrible.)

So... as silly and inconsequential is it may seem to the rest of you FINE YOUNG looking folks.....

I have a GC that is sitting around, I already got too many Daz Originals in the sale and somehow there is a new Daz Gift certificate I have that's waiting for a new home!

EDIT TO ADD NEW PRIZE!
Because it is in theme with my gray hair and well simply because it's AWESOME I've decided to add one copy of the new "Look At My Hair" plugin... if you don't know what it is, it's a plugin for Daz 4.5 that lets you make your own hair and fur right inside Daz Studio!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/look-at-my-hair

So one person will get a GC and one person will get a copy of Look At My Hair.

SO pretty please, when you put a picture up, comment if you use Daz Studio or not or already have the plugin, thanks. :)
Now I am inspired to make a "WOE IS ME I'M GOING GRAY!" picture. :P

Your task, should you choose to accept it....

HAIRY PICTURES!!!! I'm going gray, my hubby's going bald... tease us with hair pics!! I don't care what or how.... Daz and Poser renders fire away.

I'm going to huddle in a corner and whimper about going old and gray already, and sip cocoa, and refresh this page endlessly until you folks step in and cheer me up!

(all in good fun.. i'm not having a REAL breakdown...yet... haha)

Anyway currently there is just my little ol' $20 GC but if there's enough awesome renders here I may have to add something else. Your goal? To make me smile. That's all. Funny? Okay. Beautiful? Sure! Crazy halloween ghost with hair in her face (The Ring style?) Go for it! Your choice!

You have until JANUARY 1, 2013 to make me smile again. ;) <---- (not a real smile)</p>

Good luck friends :P

(PS... wow my first self-made contest... I guess getting 'old' has some perks??)

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited February 2013

Huzzah! Winners!!!

Okay, this was much belated! Winners were chosen AT RANDOM a while ago. WHY random? Because it wasn't a skill based contest, and it was based on content from any program (DS, Cararra, Poser, etc) and didn't have to be new, and there was no limit on entries. So I took everyone's name, and randomly drew. The only thing I made sure of was that whoever won was LAMH was someone who had DS4 and hadn't already bought it. :)

So! Without further ado, winners!

Winner of the $20 Daz gift certificate: kmw_
    Winner of a copy of Look At My Hair: Scott-Livingston

And, because I have Pneumonia again and have been greatly miserable this past week, and looking at all your hilarious pictures again amused me greatly (thank you all!), I added two more $5 gift certificates, again drawn at random. They go to:

$5 Daz gift certificate for Sockratease
    $5 Daz gift certificate for Eximorph

Apologies again for takign so long.... between store issues and my own sheer forgetfulness this took me way too long! Next time I'll get someone to help me run it so someone else remembers ;)

Thanks for the smiles :) Been needing every one!

Winners be sure to check your PMs for prizes. If you don't get anything send me a PM.

ALL of you, thank you :)

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This 'gentleman' has some grey hairs, but that because he's a bloodsucking L****.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/6232352070/in/photostream

6232352070_c0ae96105b_b.jpg
    683 x 1024 - 202K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

My hair went white when I was about 20 or so, so has been that hue for over half my life! :)

A while back I was walking to visit a friend, with a bag slung over a shoulder, when a group of three or so girls at the egde of a park I was passing giggled amongst themselves and I overheard the muffled giggle of "Santa Claus ..." Ok, I am a little over-weight but ...!!! So I paused, turned, pointed at them and said, "you are on the naughty list, only coal for you" and then continued on my way :)

edited December 1969

Norse Graphics poor guy must feel as blue as I do!

And SimonJM, great comeback! Naughty list for sure!

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm in my early 40's, and got some grey and white in my beard. Not much, yet...

edited December 1969

I just feel like 30-31 is too young!!!! must be the toddler and all those sleepless nights.... (of course I pulled plenty all nighters in college and no gray hairs then..)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

unbelievably I had a Samantha from "Sex in the city" moment trimming the shrubbery!
    got a few very thick wiry grey hairs amongst my mostly fine brunnette ones on my head but the one thick one down there was pure white!
    and pretty soon gave up trying to pluck it!!!

edited December 1969

Oh goodness Wendy I didn't know that even happened ... O.o
    Also I have never seen Sex in the City...
    Oh dear the things to look forward to with getting older....

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited January 2013

Here you go. This is one I did right after I got the Beautiful Black hairstyle.
    ETA: Rendered in DAZ Studio. I do not have LAMH, since you asked :)

Aziza_black_hair_smaller.png
    2000 x 1485 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Here's a render I did for the Star Trek thread a while ago - it's a Moogato! If you don't like old Star Trek the joke will be lost on you, but it's quite the hairy render!

Grey hairs too.

At least he's got more grey hair than you'll ever have, so maybe that will cheer you up?

moogato.png
    768 x 1024 - 1000K
    edited January 2013

One more for you. No matter how gray your hair may get, I bet it will still look better than this hairdo gone bad.
    ETA: Rendered in DAZ Studio. I do not have LAMH, since you asked :)

Bella_hair_with_Pyrit_mats.png
    800 x 500 - 592K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Sorry to hear about your grey problem. ;-)

GreyHair.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 352K
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

/cough.

I have the opposite problem. In October I turned 60. And I'm STILL waiting for that lovely head of white I was promised.

But then, my great grandmother's hair was still dark when she died in her 90s.

Mind you, it's not that I don't have grey hairs. But depending on how the light strikes my hair, it either looks mousy brown or expensively frosted. /grin

NO!!!

The worst has happened!
    I'm only a 31 year old mom..... and today I found THREE GRAY HAIRS.

THREE, I tell you! THREE!

(Oh the horror...the horror! It was horrible.)

So... as silly and inconsequential is it may seem to the rest of you FINE YOUNG looking folks.....

• GeroblueJimGeroblueJim Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I fed my gray hares carrots, then they turned white. Ah well. ( Sorry, no skills to do the pictures yet.)

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

Hair ..... wasted on the youth.

Hair.jpg
    539 x 620 - 221K
    edited December 1969

hehe all of you are getting close to making me giggle! some gorgeous hair and some crazy hair and some... EEK. O.o

it's probably silly that i keep checking my hair for white ones now, isn't it? Of course, as a friend said to me, "better white hair than none at all" which is very true... still....

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

52 and my hair looks lovely courtesy of my hairdresser...; )

Didn't start dying it until my 30's and the first greys started....its fun you can make it whatever colour you want!

Currently blonde but I've had a few different colours including bright red foils at one point...

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Here's something gray-and-white themed, with lots of hair. ;)

SYBathingDrowGenesis.jpg
    1000 x 815 - 782K
    edited December 1969

Pendraia, I've been coloring my hair for several years, but when I was trying to have a baby, during pregnancy, and the first year after, I didn't dye my hair...now its actually its REAL color for first time in years... even my husband was like "so that's your real hair color?" haha....

fortunately my hair, which is currently a shade between light brown and blond (it got darker when i was pregnant, isn't that weird?) doesn't show the gray hairs that much, so suppose that is a GOOD thing. ;)
    SickleYield, lots of gray and white indeed! lots of skin too O.o nice one

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Pendraia, I've been coloring my hair for several years, but when I was trying to have a baby, during pregnancy, and the first year after, I didn't dye my hair...now its actually its REAL color for first time in years... even my husband was like "so that's your real hair color?" haha....

fortunately my hair, which is currently a shade between light brown and blond (it got darker when i was pregnant, isn't that weird?) doesn't show the gray hairs that much, so suppose that is a GOOD thing. ;)
    SickleYield, lots of gray and white indeed! lots of skin too O.o nice one

Lol...I was the reverse! I had never dyed my hair until it started to go grey. So I had lots of fun with colour. I used to go to my hairdresser before this one and say surprise me! I was able to try lots of different colours which was fun. The hairdresser I go to now is less adventurous but does a brilliant job at styling.

It's funny how hair changes with age mine is now quite curly...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You could always render your self in Black and white, instead of colour, then no one will know what colour your hair is.

showbiz_party.jpg
    1021 x 776 - 354K
  • Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

An older render, so probably out of the competition, but since it made me smile, I'll share. It was actually an accident while I was setting up 'Who says that llamas can't fly?'. But as it quite fits my mood sometimes, I rendered it out anyway.

i-j7RBJdn-X3[1].jpg
    741 x 766 - 324K
    edited December 1969

haha Chohole, I like the way you think! ;) But don't black and white photos "date" one anyone??? O.o

Lady Winterlace, old pics are allowed, i forgot to say otherwise ;) So go ahead. What is that hair?? it looks like those old clown wigs, the long ones, that look like shredded ribbon... hehe! very colorful!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

haha Chohole, I like the way you think! ;) But don't black and white photos "date" one anyone??? O.o

Call it monochrome and say it's arty.

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

I image that if you styled your hair like this, no one would notice any grey. :lol:

This one is from a couple of weeks ago.

HalfHair.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 353K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

You wanted hairy....

HV1.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 430K
  • Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Lady Winterlace, old pics are allowed, i forgot to say otherwise ;) So go ahead. What is that hair?? it looks like those old clown wigs, the long ones, that look like shredded ribbon... hehe! very colorful!

The hair is made with Poser Hair Room - set the hair density fairly low, tip width to 1, root width to 10, and let drape - don't bother with too many vertices per hair to get that slightly crinckly look. Then add a simple material, shiny and in bold colours, and voila, you have your wig!

Edit: The poor llama is the heavily morphed and retextured Wingied Horsie from the Wee Beasties pack by Lyrra Madril and bloodsong, btw.

Post edited by Lady Winterlace on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the details Lady Winterlace!
    TimG... my eyes hurt...but hey, not showin any gray!
    Gone, that is gorgeous! I like how feisty she's lookin'... if i could pull off that color.... ;) Nice!

Also folks, since there's an awesome new thing out, called "Look At My Hair" which is a super awesome hair plugin for Daz Studio (MAKE YOUR OWN HAIR>>>> SRSLY!) I'm waxing generous in my old age <---(see what I did there?) and adding another prize... one copy of Look at My Hair! (<a href="http://www.daz3d.com/shop/look-at-my-hair">http://www.daz3d.com/shop/look-at-my-hair)

Please comment if you use Daz or if you decide to buy the plugin so there's no conflicts. :)

Sigh ... I need this in REAL LIFE to make my hair full and blond and long again.... :P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You can't actually buy it and gift it to someone you know, you have just give them a GC and they buy it themselves. Sorry.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the details Lady Winterlace!
    TimG... my eyes hurt...but hey, not showin any gray!
    Gone, that is gorgeous! I like how feisty she's lookin'... if i could pull off that color.... ;) Nice!

Also folks, since there's an awesome new thing out, called "Look At My Hair" which is a super awesome hair plugin for Daz Studio (MAKE YOUR OWN HAIR>>>> SRSLY!) I'm waxing generous in my old age <---(see what I did there?) and adding another prize... one copy of Look at My Hair! (<a href="http://www.daz3d.com/shop/look-at-my-hair">http://www.daz3d.com/shop/look-at-my-hair)

Please comment if you use Daz or if you decide to buy the plugin so there's no conflicts. :)

Sigh ... I need this in REAL LIFE to make my hair full and blond and long again.... :P

I didn't realize it had been released yet! It must be lost in the store among the new teen stuff. I use DS 4.5 and I would LOVE to win "Look At My Hair"! You are very generous to give that away. I hope all the hairy renders are boosting your spirits.