Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2017

If you didn't want the eyebrow products or get them at the time, here's the thread discussing them. Lyoness and Zev0 were two of the vendors, there's also the makeup product mentioned. 

One of those was Wow Brow

Instant Makeup (Gen3) 

Real Eyebrows   and Brow Remover, which isn't in my cart and I have to stop fooling around and check out. So you can look that one up if you dont have it.

Post edited by Novica on

Well crud. I hadn't checked out yet. So I'll ditch those, doesn't matter to me.

edited January 2017

I have to point this out. Think shaders- make it a kid's toy or even a menace. For .69 or so.

I don't have Skin Blender and it's only the Holiday discount off (not in the 50%) stores, but I might get it anyway. It's neat the changes you can make, and the makeup product works with it.

Post edited by Novica on

Real quick- if you want UV tutorials or Modeling tutorials, etc. check out Esha because they drop to around $15 with the Holiday discount and 50%. And yes, both discounts ARE working.  Rigging and Morphing Props has two modules, the price is good.

MelanieL said:

I just spent the afternoon running through my 2016 acquisitions. Here's my list (sort of - not exactly 10 items but therabouts)

#1 - Favourite G3 ladies: earlier in the year Olympia 7 became a favourite, but she was overtaken first by Aibell then recently by Ceridwen - so here she is (wearing one of the my clothing faves - the hair was just a first trial so don't take too much notice of that)

#2a/b - Favourite G3 men: George by Deepsea and Ragnar by gypsyangel (for rather different purposes!)

#3a/b - Clothing: my favourites were Arki's Rune for G3M (and also some of Arki's transfers from RuntimeDNA) and Scarves for G3F (for sheer usefulness - seen in the pic above) I don't have a Rune for G3M pic to hand, but here is Arki's Angeloi ported from V4 to Aibell.

#4a/b - Hair: I especially liked Geneva Hair (a handy high ponytail) and Anjou Hair (nice high style so no posing problems with the neck or shoulders that I've found yet!)

MelanieL- great choices, I really like those too, particularly Ragnar.  And very nice renders, thanks for sharing!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

I posted my first test of the Iray Ghost Light Kit for those considering them. Easy to use and great for enclosed interior scenes.

That's it for 2016. Time to go celebrate. Happy New year to all!!

RGcincy said:

I posted my first test of the Iray Ghost Light Kit for those considering them. Easy to use and great for enclosed interior scenes.

I have those but haven't used them yet. (Sigh, among so many other things.)

You have a great one- see you in 2017!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    RGcincy said:

I am so excited about this product, I picked it up and am looking forward to trying.  Its going to be incredibly useful.

And Happy New Years to everyone!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    Novica said:

I've decided to test something fun for Thread 8, which will also make doing our final Top 10 for the year a bit easier. Each month, the last week of the month, I'll ask you for your top three products that you used for the month.  (Good luck whittling it down to three! If you'd like, we can do five. I just don't want to make it difficult or a chore to do. So which would you prefer?) 

I think three would be good. :) I have a feeling we'll see a lot of repeats - like Wear them All will probably be in a lot of people's top three. lol

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I think 3 is a good amount, particularly if it's for each month. Option to do 5 if someone has spent up big that month LOL. 

Novica said:

I've decided to test something fun for Thread 8, which will also make doing our final Top 10 for the year a bit easier. Each month, the last week of the month, I'll ask you for your top three products that you used for the month.  (Good luck whittling it down to three! If you'd like, we can do five. I just don't want to make it difficult or a chore to do. So which would you prefer?) 

Either amount is fine by me.  I am actually glad you will be doing that as it will motivate me to use more of my content and to actually do some art. I realized as I went through all of the Daz Originals today, that there isn't a single thing I have to have anymore.  RAW is having a birthday sale starting tomorrow I believe, his whole store except new releases will be 60% off.  If you go to his thread, there is a preview of his two newest coming out as well.  One of them is an elephant creature that is phenomenal.

And Happy New Years to everyone!

Thank you! I hope you have a great New Year, Sonja! :D

• Happy New Year to all!

edited January 2017

I'm actually loving this- the pitter patter of the rain, no fireworks scaring the dogs!  Happy New Year to all of you too. I'm sitting here doing Zbrush and that's exactly what I want to do. Nothing social, staying at home and relaxing. My sons are visiting and they're having friends spend the night, doing video games. Love it when everyone is happy just staying home and hanging out. And Stetson is always in his stall, pampered every night, so I don't have to worry about him out in all this. Life's good. Hoping you all have a great evening too, here it's not midnight yet- 11:42pm so still 2016.

happynewyear2017.jpg
    724 x 575 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

We stay home usually too and watch a good movie (while I play here lol) and then watch the countdown together.  Watch one more movie to usher in the new year then sleep late the next day lol.  Its cold tonight so crawling into a warm bed is sounding very attractive.

Happy 2017 now! Fireworks are now going off because there's a break in the rain. (Which is good, so they won't be doing it all week long in frustration.)  Now, back to Zbrush. 

What? WHAT? Ice Dragon Art, hand in your DAZaholic Card now! I'm in shock, SHOCK I tell ya!!!! cheeky

......... I realized as I went through all of the Daz Originals today, that there isn't a single thing I have to have anymore.........

New Years Eve was last night for us Down Under laugh Hubby and I are of the same opinion - the very worst night of the year to go out is New Years Eve. We NEVER go out or do anything. Last night, we drank tea and listened to loud music - Cold Chisel, The Angels etc - all the stuff we were listening to when we were young, and drank our tea and talked about how we used to party hard and now we are so old, that we sit at home together, drinking tea and talking about how we used to party. LOL. 

The hubby and I stayed home and watched movies. I made us some burgers and jello and we watched movies until we realized that it was finally passed midnight. I guess the whole counting down to midnight and watching the ball drop and all that had lost it's charm. I guess we're getting old or something. lol 

I'm hopeful for the new year and pray that everyone has a better year this year than last! :)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Stayed in here. Still sick. Been fighting it on and off for two weeks. 2016 can bite me! Which I think it did.

jakiblue said:

What? WHAT? Ice Dragon Art, hand in your DAZaholic Card now! I'm in shock, SHOCK I tell ya!!!! cheeky

......... I realized as I went through all of the Daz Originals today, that there isn't a single thing I have to have anymore.........

I know right!  In a way I was relieved lol.  My wallet really can't take any more.  Now, that doesn't mean there isn't stuff I want....

Ugh Llynara feel better!

We stayed home as well. I just really dislike being on the roads with all the drunks.  And we haven't been major partiers in quite some time lol.  Its not nearly as fun as it used to be and and the hangovers just aren't worth it. I would much rather hang out around a campfire with a glass of wine or beer and good company. Too cold for that right now though.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    jakiblue said:

I know right!  In a way I was relieved lol.  My wallet really can't take any more.  Now, that doesn't mean there isn't stuff I want....

Just wait until someone makes that ONE thing that has never been made before, and everyone suddenly realizes they should have had it in 90% of their scenes... it's happened before. :D

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Ugh Llynara feel better!

We stayed home as well. I just really dislike being on the roads with all the drunks.  And we haven't been major partiers in quite some time lol.  Its not nearly as fun as it used to be and and the hangovers just aren't worth it. I would much rather hang out around a campfire with a glass of wine or beer and good company. Too cold for that right now though.

Thanks, Ice Dragon. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a big party person either. Too tired with the little ones! They're a party all by their little selves some days, LOL

Valandar said:
    jakiblue said:

Just wait until someone makes that ONE thing that has never been made before, and everyone suddenly realizes they should have had it in 90% of their scenes... it's happened before. :D

I know.  But hopefully, it won't happen often lol.

Llynara said:

Ugh Llynara feel better!

Thanks, Ice Dragon. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a big party person either. Too tired with the little ones! They're a party all by their little selves some days, LOL

I bet they are!

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617

I am actually glad you will be doing that as it will motivate me to use more of my content and to actually do some art.

@Ice Dragon Art , HA!  I heard that!  I'm gaining a renewed interest in 3D rendering after the tremendous generosity in freebies and deals the past month. I need to learn some new techniques, and actually USE what I have!   Looking at some of your renders (and a few others), I'm not surprised to see that I am way behind.

I realized as I went through all of the Daz Originals today, that there isn't a single thing I have to have anymore. 

If you find yourself suffering from withdrawl, and simply HAVE to do some emergency shopping, feel free to send a few things my way!  smiley 

I usually sort the DAZ Originals from lowest to highest price (my price range) , but if you need to, you can sort the other way, and just work your way down the list. laugh My runtime will be eternally grateful.

I need to find a place to post some projects I've been working on.  I haven't been completely inactive.  Just mostly...

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040
    edited January 2017

Searching for more things I haven't rendered and came across Keshi. Tried her in 4.8 and then played with the skin settings; rendered both scenes again in 4,9 beta and was quite surprised at the difference.

4.8 renders.

Click on images for full size.

4.9 renders.

Click on images for full size.

keshi-001.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 495K
    keshi-002.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 485K
    keshi-003.jpg
    640 x 800 - 318K
    keshi-004.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 529K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • Happy New Year everyone.  @Novica So glad to hear there will be a Thread 8.  I know I mostly lurk, but I do manage to pop my up and actually post once in a while.  I would have missed this thread if it hadn't continued.  Take a step back to have more you time is perfectly reasonable and I think all of us here can empathize with wanting to do just that.  

I love the idea of a best 3 for the month.  I'm kind of working on my top 10 for last year.  It's really hard to narrow down to just 10, but I'm almost there.  :)

This discussion has been closed.