Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited December 2014

3doutlaw said:
    Thats great! :)

Aiko: "Eat me? Is that a threat...or a 'promise'?"

Melody: "That depends on whether or not you're late with the rent money again, and if so, whether I can fit your trimmed and gutted carcass in a roasting pan."

Just to clarify, a friend supplied Melody's lines. They're a bit more cynical than I envision the cat-girl (whom I call K'Tharr Rauthimas), but I do find them funny.

Sincerely,

Bill

Kth-n-Aiko-TV-J-4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 90K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,008
    edited December 1969

Some new stuff.

Tanya02gpic.jpg
    1024 x 1365 - 260K
    WinterRosePost.jpg
    1365 x 1024 - 499K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Retro SciFi

Time for a small render ...

PP2014

Credits:
    Patchouli for Aiko3 - Illusionsdesigns
    Dragon Princess For Aiko 3 - MAB, WillDupre
    Songbird ReMix Vultures - Ken Gilliland
    Rocket Ship Retro Style - Kurokuma
    Joshua Trees - Traveler
    Stage~Another World - vikike176

RetroScifi.jpg
    738 x 960 - 247K
    edited December 1969

Something a bit different from me, a "slice of life" moment featuring a young, aspiring filmmaker focused upon creating a stop motion sequence in his family's basement.

Given the theme of this thread, it's obvious the base figure is Hiro 3. I applied the "Liam" morph from Thorne & Sarsa and tweaked it a bit more with the Hitoro morphs by Beth Capsces. I thought giving him a traditionally parted haircut and a plaid, button down, short sleeved shirt would suggest this dates from a bygone era, probably the 1960s.

I had this composition in mind for some time, but the "linchpin" element I needed, an 8mm movie camera once available at Rendo' had been pulled due to dwindling sales. But it was "resurrected" last week and upon learning that, I bought it immediately. Afterwards, everything just kinda' fell into place. What I didn't already have on hand, like a tripod, basement set, a spring balanced lamp and a sawhorse table, I found from free.

Yeah, Theropod dinosaurs shouldn't drag their tails, but given the era I'm depicting in this scene, it was still the popular belief T-Rex stomped around like Godzilla. Besides, there's a flying saucer in the shot; I don't think the kid is going for scientific accuracy. ;-)

Hmm, I wonder if we should call the "director" Stevie or George? ;-)

Sincerely,

Bill

H3-Filmmaker-J-1.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 145K
  • SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

Darth Silliness!

There's been a Darth Maul texture for M3 around for a while. It fits any of the Generation 3 figures. So here we have A3 Mulberry with the Darth Maul texture. I guess that makes her Darth Maulberry! (Ducks cream pies)

Maulberry-test004-sl.jpg
    1920 x 1357 - 772K
  • This is test render of A3 with Mullberry injected. I'm testing a Carrara procedural skin texture that I originally made for V4. This skin uses no image maps! I do use two black and white maps that act a mask and soften the transition between the nipples and torso, and between the lips and the face. All colors, blemishes, bump, highlights, etc. are generated using Carrara's shader functions.

As soon as I get the Carrara dynamic hair eyelashes and eyebrows looking better, I will put it up on ShareCG for those that have Carrara and want to use it.

I'm posting the raw render and the post-worked render for comparison.

A3 Procedural pin-up-raw.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    A3 Procedural pin-up-edited.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
  • Here's another couple A3 Carrara procedural skin renders. I think I have the dynamic hair eyebrows as good as my skill will allow. The only postwork done to these renders was to add a depth of field and a background. There is no levels adjustment or color correction. They will most likely be the promo images for the shaders when I put them at ShareCG, which should be by the end of the week.

Click thumbnail to view full sized!

A3 proc promo-1.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 810K
    A3 Proc-bunny promo.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 926K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited November 2015

My Carrara Aiko3 Procedural Skin shaders are up and live at ShareCG. The previous post that I made has some images of the skin.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/82693/view/7/Material-and-Shader/Carrara-A3-Procedural-Skin-Shaders

This set is Carrara only, so if you bought it on sale and haven't used it yet, this could be a good excuse to fire it up and check it out! The shaders utilize many of Carrara's procedural shader functions to generate the skin. It also uses Carrara's hair system to grow eyelashes and eyebrows, so it is probably impossible to export without a plugin, such as Baker, which can bake the procedural shaders to image maps.

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited March 2016

Leprechaun got attitude.

Post edited by Ethin on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Once I get my computer back running I will try to some Aiko 3 renders.

edited November 2020

Couple of oldies I forgot to post here.

I know this one looks like Krystal but it's Aiko3 wearing Krystal's head, same thing as Melody and Micah right!?

My Halloween image for this year.

Post edited by Ethin on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

nice - thanks for posting! I always like to see this thread pop-up again.

--ms

Poinsettia time.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 2016

...lovely.

Also nice to see this thread come back to life again.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Redfern said:

Something a bit different from me, a "slice of life" moment featuring a young, aspiring filmmaker focused upon creating a stop motion sequence in his family's basement.

Given the theme of this thread, it's obvious the base figure is Hiro 3. I applied the "Liam" morph from Thorne & Sarsa and tweaked it a bit more with the Hitoro morphs by Beth Capsces. I thought giving him a traditionally parted haircut and a plaid, button down, short sleeved shirt would suggest this dates from a bygone era, probably the 1960s.

I had this composition in mind for some time, but the "linchpin" element I needed, an 8mm movie camera once available at Rendo' had been pulled due to dwindling sales. But it was "resurrected" last week and upon learning that, I bought it immediately. Afterwards, everything just kinda' fell into place. What I didn't already have on hand, like a tripod, basement set, a spring balanced lamp and a sawhorse table, I found from free.

Yeah, Theropod dinosaurs shouldn't drag their tails, but given the era I'm depicting in this scene, it was still the popular belief T-Rex stomped around like Godzilla. Besides, there's a flying saucer in the shot; I don't think the kid is going for scientific accuracy. ;-)

Hmm, I wonder if we should call the "director" Stevie or George? ;-)

Sincerely,

Bill

I love that!  That's a very cool use of products there!  :)

edited December 2016

Thank you, KnittingMommy!  I recently updated that composition, placing Hiro and his filming items within a cellar offered at Rendo'.  It has a taller ceiling and "cluttered" with items would normally expect in a basement.

Here's a pin-up of my first comic book heroine crush (which I hope does not violate the forum rules), Vampirella, "starring" of course, Aiko 3.  the novelty here is the "slingshot" bikini.  It's neither geometry (exempting the collar and clasp), nor is it "simply" a pattern "painted" upon a skin texture.  Instead, Sam Therapy created a set of textures using a "mask" node so that Vampi's infamous outfit can be used with the end user's favorite body textures.  Sam's version included the collar and clasp, but I "painted" away those elemnts from each texture (diffuse, specular, bump and mask) in favor of using a collar I "ripped" from another set and a toroid primitive.  I also used the "mask" texture as a displacement map, thus giving the "fabric" actual "thickness" (though it's not that apparent in this fully body portrait).

Sincerely,

Bill

A3-Vampirella-J-4.jpg
    600 x 800 - 62K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Christmas time, is time for a Sylfie render smiley

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

..OK, wil try to whip one up.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Has anyone made a nice Iray enhanced Sylfie image yet...?

Sorry, no Sylfie here, just a bit of Mila and a lot of me. :D

A "tweaked" customization of Mila is my "go to" Aiko figure.  Both my Vampirella and the "roommate" to my Melody based catgirl earlier on this page are based upon the Mila morph.

Sincerely,

Bill

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

Not "real" renders, as I was just going through some of my content and rediscovering holiday content I'd completely forgotten about. Aiko3 Toon and Melody/Micah...

Aiko3ToonXmas.png
    1000 x 1200 - 1M
    MelodyXmasMouse.png
    975 x 1450 - 2M
    HiroWolfXmasSuit.png
    650 x 1450 - 1M
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 2016

Once more with feeling

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/275881/

I decided to give in to my nostalgia and do one Iray render of Sylfie as my year end image. Someone commented the other day in the  forum about an iray conversion for Sylfie's skin and I thought I'd give it a go. In all honesty, I found the easiest thing to do was to just use the settings from your favorite G2F or G3F character. While her skin auto converts well, it will still look better if you do it manually. You will need to create additional maps if you want it to be exact but they are just additional grey scale maps of various shades. I did not bother in this case as it was only a spec map that was missing and I am using soft lighitng anyways.

I had intended her to be wearing more with a dynamic outfit but it did not want to collide with her and the sheets at the same time so I settled with her own clothes. I have to admit, as much as I enjoyed rendering her a lot in the past, compared to G2F and G3F, I do NOT miss using Aiko3 at all.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2017

Love fairy Ai on the look out for potential new clients.
    Cupid and his crew have hit on hard times as of late, it would seem that their "services are no longer required" in a world where "there's an app for that".

• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 262
    edited February 2017

devil

blah_blah_blah_by_nohizng-daxqsby.jpg
    800 x 640 - 63K
    Post edited by nohiznguyen on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Really CUTE!

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Digging into my A3 closet, with the newer tools (Subd, Iray, VWD, etc)  cheeky  This is Aiko3 with AD4G2F (head),and a classic A3 outfit and hair.  A3's bends clean up nicely with the SubD and Smoothing modifier!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556

Off topic: holy nostalgia batman, had to look back through here again since it reapeared. loved everything But also realized I really miss Zilvergrafix's  A3 character (and his cookie renders which were the sole reason i bought her lol) But anyway

On topic She looks great 3dOutlaw (i've always loved those clothes too, one of my favorite sets.

wow just had a look to see when i last used A3, it was back in 2014 these two were the last ones i've done with her (warning: they pretty much suck though, they were kinda of an experiment)

I have been using her clothes a lot lately though thanks to the auto fit for gen 3 :P

galaxie-500-png-1200jpg.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 604K
    calm-like-you-jpg.jpg
    947 x 709 - 317K
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826
    edited May 2017

Just found this thread so decided to put together this image with Chohole's texture for the Fionnula Outfit.

FionnulaRed.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 843K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    3dOutlaw said:

Digging into my A3 closet, with the newer tools (Subd, Iray, VWD, etc)  cheeky  This is Aiko3 with AD4G2F (head),and a classic A3 outfit and hair.  A3's bends clean up nicely with the SubD and Smoothing modifier!

I love that outfit on A3.  Its one of my most favorites.  Gotta remember to grab the tool by Valzhiemer to convert Gen3 stuff over to G3F