SereneNight Freebie Poses for Genesis 3 Free for Commerical Use

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

3Ddreamer said:

These look great. If you ar still working on them how about a Santa sitting (on a primiative cube if your want) - I tried it with that outfit coat wouldn't behave, but I've no idea if it was just me

I can do santa sitting but you are correct his outfit looks horrible when that happens.... that's why I avoided doing it  the coat just hikes up about 8 inches. I'll look at the coat and see if there are adjustments

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

These also work well with speeder bikes with a slight bit o' tweek.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

3Ddreamer said:

These look great. If you ar still working on them how about a Santa sitting (on a primiative cube if your want) - I tried it with that outfit coat wouldn't behave, but I've no idea if it was just me

I can do santa sitting but you are correct his outfit looks horrible when that happens.... that's why I avoided doing it  the coat just hikes up about 8 inches. I'll look at the coat and see if there are adjustments

The only adjustment I could find didn't help much, so I can understand wanting to avoid it. ;-)

@3dDreamer: yeah, it is too bad Santa can't sit down in his current outfit, but if the suit gets fixed- I will certainly make poses for him. Seems strange because people will want to pose him with children on his lap. I guess I'll submit a bug report.

@Barbult. Thanks. The poses are nearly done, just working a bit more on the  hands. I'll ask about the sack licensing, but with DAZ Closed recenlty  not sure whehn I will get an answer. They are likely backlogged.

@Ikyoto: Thats good to know! I hope to make more vehicle pose sets soon.

edited December 2016

Here is Santa with the Sack. I think he's turning out well.

withsack.JPG
    744 x 850 - 113K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Awesome! Thank you! :D

Do you know how to do "mirror poses"? I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Sometimes I find a GREAT pose but it's like backwards from what I need. I know that there is a way to create mirror poses but I don't know how. Do you know how?

Try the free posing scripts on ShareCG. There is a mirror pose as well as a handy "Look at Camera" pose that I use often, among others. Put them in your My Daz3d Library/Scripts folder. Also comes with a pdf describing each of the poses.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    dawnblade said:

Awesome! Thank you! :D

Do you know how to do "mirror poses"? I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Sometimes I find a GREAT pose but it's like backwards from what I need. I know that there is a way to create mirror poses but I don't know how. Do you know how?

Try the free posing scripts on ShareCG. There is a mirror pose as well as a handy "Look at Camera" pose that I use often, among others. Put them in your My Daz3d Library/Scripts folder. Also comes with a pdf describing each of the poses.

Oh wow! I actually have those downloaded but didn't realize it included that! Thank you! :)

Okay some good news:

1. The Santa sack is available for use in the poses set, as long as I obviously do not include it. So I will be using that in the set as Santa's default bag.

edited December 2016

To answer Diva's question earlier and this dovetails, into something else I have learned about creating pose sets.

1. DO NOT USE POSE CONTROLS. These are handy little parameters that you can use to create poses, like grasp, forearms back, forth etc. They are useful, and I used them in my first couple sets.  I won't anymore though. 

2. Instead use the bones and adjust the body parts manually. 

3. The reason for this, is that it can mess up the pose for the user, if they want to change or modify it later. Sure the user can just zero out the character, but the proper way to do it is to adjust the pose by hand usng the bones. Then when you do a file save preset, only save the parts of the body you modified. Then if you do this, symmetry works perfectly and you can create partial poses. It is a bit of a pain to expand the pose all the way down to the hand for example if it is a hand pose. But the reward is that when you save the hand pose, you don't have to do it again, AND you can use symmetry to reverse the hand left and right. This will also allow the user to keep whatever expression they may already have dialed in.

For this reason, I'm probabably going to redo Santa's poses. It's a pain, but you want to do stuff properly right?

4. The final good news about this method, is that you can make hand, face, partial poses, which you can apply and mix and match to other poses. So in the end learning this method and doing it properly will save you time.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    edited December 2016
    Chohole said:

It does seem a little strange to make poses that include a prop that is only available to a certain group of people. 

The pose is still usable, they will just have to use another freebie bag and make a few adjustments. Since I don't use freebies at all, I have no idea what is out there... and DAZ doesn't have a commercial bag that I'm aware of,  I will include a pose for the bag for the convenience of PC club members who want it. 

I honestly don't see why a DAZ mod would think it strange... But OK. 

It's also a good pose or nearly a good pose for a starting point for a lot of other activities such as construction workers carrying some types or tools, flinging a jacket or coat over the shoulder and so up.

I am glad of your tips. I have some poses and I have discovered to my dismay, as I almost invariably start with a pose from a pose set as a starting point, that the 'Pose Control' sliders do not at all reflect the state of the pose used from a pose set or a manually made pose. surprise

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

To answer Diva's question earlier and this dovetails, into something else I have learned about creating pose sets.

1. DO NOT USE POSE CONTROLS. These are handy little parameters that you can use to create poses, like grasp, forearms back, forth etc. They are useful, and I used them in my first couple sets.  I won't anymore though. 

3. The reason for this, is that it can mess up the pose for the user, if they want to change or modify it later. Sure the user can just zero out the character, but the proper way to do it is to adjust the pose by hand usng the bones. Then when you do a file save preset, only save the parts of the body you modified. Then if you do this, symmetry works perfectly and you can create partial poses. It is a bit of a pain to expand the pose all the way down to the hand for example if it is a hand pose. But the reward is that when you save the hand pose, you don't have to do it again, AND you can use symmetry to reverse the hand left and right. This will also allow the user to keep whatever expression they may already have dialed in.

For this reason, I'm probabably going to redo Santa's poses. It's a pain, but you want to do stuff properly right?

4. The final good news about this method, is that you can make hand, face, partial poses, which you can apply and mix and match to other poses. So in the end learning this method and doing it properly will save you time.

Here is a post from Richard about baking pose controls. Maybe it would be useful to you. I haven't tried it.

barbult said:

the Here is a post from Richard about baking pose controls. Maybe it would be useful to you. I haven't tried it.

I am terrrible... I confess i read it but I don't seem to understand it.

The santa claus set is live. It includes 11 poses for Santa, including 1 with the freebie sack mentioned above. Enjoy

http://www.sharecg.com/v/86889/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Santa-Pose-set-for-Santa-Claus-Character-Genesis-3

The santa claus set is live. It includes 11 poses for Santa, including 1 with the freebie sack mentioned above. Enjoy

http://www.sharecg.com/v/86889/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Santa-Pose-set-for-Santa-Claus-Character-Genesis-3

Awesome poses for an awesome Santa model!

@nonesuch: Glad you found them useful. =-)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Where do I find them in content once they are placed?

What file name are they under?

They are called SN santa. You'll find them in the Genesis 3 poses file.

Oh my goodness!! I am so sorry I should have said which poses I was looking for which is the snowmobile poses!!

Oh my goodness!! I am so sorry I should have said which poses I was looking for which is the snowmobile poses!!

Hi:

These poses are located inside the genesis 3 folder. They are called SN snowmobile.

Hope that helps.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

Thank you for making and giving away these nice poses.

Hi:

These poses are located inside the genesis 3 folder. They are called SN snowmobile.

Hope that helps.

Yes that helped a great deal thanks!!!

Thank you for the tutorial, SereneNight! :D I think that will be really helpful! 

One thing further I suggest doing, is when you save a complete pose you can go in and uncheck any parts  related to the head. This way the expression isn't zeroed out when you apply the pose.

One thing further I suggest doing, is when you save a complete pose you can go in and uncheck any parts  related to the head. This way the expression isn't zeroed out when you apply the pose.

Oh nice! Good tip! I hate when poses reset my facial expressions. Unless the pose set COMES with an expression, it totally shouldn't mess with the current expression, imo. :)

Thank you for the great tips! 

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

Thank you very much!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

Great poses Serene Night! Thanks for sharing!

edited January 2017

Thanks everyone. 

I've been working on some military salute poses which will be useful for all sorts of situations. If you have one you want me to include please shoot me a picture reference. I may not be familiar with all country's salute  styles but, can try it. One thing I've found is Michael's arms are longer and getting the absolute pefect angle is a challenge because of that. I've also noted that many people even in the same branch salute slightly differently. 

Critique is welcome. Trying to find good picure resources are scarce. 

salute-2.JPG
    729 x 845 - 55K
    salute-1.JPG
    750 x 847 - 60K
    edited January 2017

LOL, 8-Up like a soup sandwich. Just kidding. Well for the USA at least you should be able to Google the bases that do Basic and use the video and photographs they make of those activities, particularly graduation. It's pretty common nowadays to post a lot of that online by the base administrators themselves. 

Here is a manual that should include all the legitimate poses (ahem, not my attempts at those poses, which would send the instructor screaming within 2 inches of my ear).

USA Military Drill & Ceremony Manual

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

What about kneeling tying his army boots?

3ddreamer. I can do that. =_) I've been wanting to do a pulling on boot pose as well. Good suggestion. =-)