Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Although Devilled eggs look great to add to a buffet for laid back parties I personally dislike both mayonaise and mustard, which seem to be essential when looking for recipes for them. I have found a couple which sub yoghurt,   but that is also never used in my house.  Does anyone know of any recipes that exclude these 3 items?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

​I have to avoid egg products.  sad​  I used to love them.  Had a nice Christmas with parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews.  I don't have kids of my own, and no one is left in toy age.  The meal was traditional with turkey, stuffing, creamed onions, jalepeno corn, and cranberry sauce.  No greens, but it is only one day each year.

Condolences, Chohole.  This time of year is about hope (days begin getting longer in northern hemisphere) in so many cultures and religions.  Must be something to it.  Wishing you a wonderful 2017.

• Chohole said:

Although Devilled eggs look great to add to a buffet for laid back parties I personally dislike both mayonaise and mustard, which seem to be essential when looking for recipes for them. I have found a couple which sub yoghurt,   but that is also never used in my house.  Does anyone know of any recipes that exclude these 3 items?

@Chohole  I have a ton of deviled egg recipes and lots of them forego the usual ingredients for unusual ones.  I'll have to make you up a pdf of some of my favorites.  Some great substitutions for mayonaise and yogurt are sour cream, mashed up avacado (add some lemon juice to cut back on the oxidation so it stays that nice bright green), salad dressing of choice.  I've used anything from blue cheese dressing to Italian.  It all depends on your tastes and whether you want to stay completely away from mayonaise.  Ranch dressing works really well.  Plain buttermilk does, too, just whip it up in a blender or with beaters like you are making whipped cream so it is thick like the consistency of mayonaise.  You don't have to use mustard.  It isn't required either.  Depending on why you don't like mustard ( I have a friend who completely stays away from anything with vinegar in it), you could add things like steak sauce (weird, but yummy), hot sauce, plain vinegar, chipolte adobe sauce and soy sauce.  There are great alternatives to mustard for the little bit of flavor it adds.  You might have to play with proportions, but experimenting is half the fun.  :)

Here is a link to one of my favorites for deviled eggs with avacado instead of mayo.  It's absolutely delicious!  Guacomole Deviled Eggs

I'll look in my stash of recipes and PM you, Chohole, with some of my favorite deviled egg recipes.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Well I've managed to badly slice the tip of my finger today. Not across but straight down from the tip to the nail. Probably should do stitches but since I have no health insurance that's not happening lol.  I've thouroughly cleaned it with saline wound solution and butterflied it closed (and managed not to throw up, yay me!) well wrapped with bandaids as well.  I will be having my daughter (in her last semester of nursing school) and my sister (who is a nurse) keeping a close eye on it for me as well.  I had no idea that a finger could hurt this badly.  I am having a very hard time typing (which is super annoying as I type, literally all day long at my job, fortunately, I'm off work this week).  Also fortunately its my left forefinger and I'm right handed.  However, I had no idea I used this finger this much! And every time it touches anything there is a huge bolt of pain up my arm.  Seriously, ridiculous! I am current on my tetanus shot though. 

Anyway, I'm going to stop whining now, just be aware there will probably be extra typos this week!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Ohhh Ouchies!!! I sure know all about cutting of the finger, I did it a couple times not this year but about 2 years ago at christmas time I sliced 2 fingers bled for like 2 hours.

No fun at all!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Sonja,  I've heard on cooking shows that if you always use a good sharp knife that there is little to worry about. 2nd week after started re-learning cooking was slicing and sure nuff... wasn't properly... cut right through middle of fingernail... thought I didn't do any damage since it was'nt bleeding... that came awhile later. Took forever for fingernail to grow out past the cut.  Looks normal now like others. Tip of fingers... always hurt since that is where all the sense of touch is.

• Oh, ouch!  Be careful of infection.  Hopefully, the butterfly bandages will keep it closed.  Yeah, one never realizes how much they use something until it's incapacitated and they use it anymore.  :)  Here's to hoping everything heals quickly.  I understand not having insurance.  I spent a lot of years like that myself when my husband was one of the self-employed.  It's never easy.  One of the things I really like about Florida is all of the convenient care centers down here.  There are lots of people without insurance and they are very reasonably priced.  You could probably get those stitches here for under a $100.  Of course, sometimes, coming up with even that on short notice is tough.  Keep a close eye on it and try not to type with it!  :)

• Ouch is right!   Keep an eye on it, and take it easy.  Having your daughter and sister keeping tabs on it is a great idea.   Hope you get better quickly!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

+1

Ouch is right!   Keep an eye on it, and take it easy.  Having your daughter and sister keeping tabs on it is a great idea.   Hope you get better quickly!

Thanks everyone!  so far so good its holding together nicely and I'm being very vigilant on keeping it clean and wrapped.  Must do chores are done and I am going to spend the rest of the day making art.  Was hoping to make beads but am thinking I need to just wait another couple of days til it closes all the way up.  Can't hold the mandrel and having an open cut that close to the flame is just going to hurt lol. I'm so broken hearted that I am going to have to play with 3d art today. (note the heavy sarcasm lol)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited December 2016

Yeah, I'm thinking flames and throbbing injuries don't really mix!  It's such a shame you have to and be creative with 3d art for a change.  ;)

edit: not quite sure why I put that word in there!

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

I know such a hardship lol

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

ouchies! hope it heals well up! take care to not let it get wet so always use gloves when doing wet stuff. later get some bepathene salve on it so the edged don't get too hard.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

The Doctor Lady accross the street gave me these instructions after I tore my hand open via a rusty nail in a board... note that she was gone for the weekend before she advised me... she said it did need stiches since it was long and deep but too late now... told me to soak it in Hydrogen Peroxide for 20 mins each day then to apply the Neoporin I had before re-bandageing. I did get a Tetnus shot at Her office. The wound has left a very slight scare that I barely notice.

Forgot to mention... I grew up being taught to rinse any cut with Hydrogen Peroxide after rinsing under thte tap... this cleans out any bacteria... along with Neosporin to ward off bacteria.

See: Neosporin descripts at Drugs.com and also at CVS.
    See: Bepathen as Bayer.com

I will try soaking it, I have plenty of hydrogen peroxide.  I'm not super worried about infection as it bled a LOT and I did clean it out well with something called sterile wound solution.  Its doing quite well, still very sore but seems to be almost closed together except for a tiny bit at the top.  so far so good. 

edited December 2016

An Iray render with Strangefates new armour.  I'm seriously loving this armour the detail is incredible and the despite what one might think there is a really good range of motion with the shoulder pads.  This is without post work, I am just loading up photo shop and will post the finished piece when its done.  I have no idea what the two light colored items are on the dragons nose, I am assuming they are the horns that show in the preview.  They don't look anything like the horns in the preview window though.  Easily fixed in post work though.

Desert Warriors.png
    2040 x 1632 - 5M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited December 2016

My post worked version.  And the rest are with filters added.

Desert Warriors Postwork Original.png
    2040 x 1632 - 5M
    Desert Warriors 2.png
    2040 x 1632 - 5M
    Desert Warriors 1.png
    2040 x 1632 - 6M
    Desert Warriors Warriors.png
    2040 x 1632 - 3M
    Desert Warriors 3.png
    2040 x 1632 - 7M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Hope your finger is doing better, judging by your postwork I'd say it is  wink  Very nice lighting!

Thank you Novica! I'm happy with this one, although the armour doesn't need any help to look good lol.  

Its closing up pretty good and thankfully, its my off hand so pen and tablet work are pretty good to go.  As long as I don't put pressure on the finger tip its not bad. 

• Fantastic.  I think my favorites are the middle and the end pieces.  Well done on all of them!

Thanks!  Those are my favorites as well, with the middle one leading by a hair lol.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    wgdjohn said:

The wound has left a very slight scare that I barely notice.

Boo !? cheeky

(sorry, couldn't resist!) 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    mori_mann said:

Silly Iray, making shadows look off! I am curious if using different light will change how the shadows show up. Does it put/calcualte shadows on the 'zero' floor position here? That would explain the oddity.

Haven't upgraded from 4.6 myself yet, so I have no idea how Iray does its tricks :)

I honestly have no clue lol.  I am still a long way from understand exactly how it all works which is why I rely rather heavily on premade sets or things that are supposed to mimic real life as much as possible.  I try and pay attention to how things are set up but its still pretty much greek to me.

I know this is a while back, but I've just hit the same issue in one of my renders. In my case it's an object placed on a tray. The tray is concave -- like most trays, I guess -- the main difference being it's perforated (via an alpha/opacity map). No matter how far I push the object through the tray, the shadow renders like it's above. Going to check things like normal directions on the models when I get a chance (Carrara is in the middle of a lengthy cloth sim just now). This is gonna bug me, I can tell!

I would be interested in what you figure out!

edited January 2017

More of the lovely Kadis Armour coming soon.  These are some of the poses included.  Love love love this armour.

Rune in Kadish 3.png
    803 x 1300 - 2M
    Rune in Kadish 2.png
    803 x 1300 - 1M
    Rune in Kadish.png
    803 x 1300 - 1M
    edited January 2017

One more.

Rune in Kadish Gaurding the Gate.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Whoa! Those are amazing renders! And that armor - wow! 

I think my favorite is the last sepia toned one - the monotone really works there! 

Where did you get the armor? I tried doing a search for Kadis Armour, but it didn't work. 

Thank you!  This is Strangefates new armour.  It not in the shop yet but I believe he is submitting it to Daz in the next week or so. Its truly some of the best armour I've used. The detailsare incredible and its very flexible, all the parts are separate so you can add, take away and pretty much make whatever you want with it.  And it looks good in both Iray and 3Delight although the 3delight is a bit brighter.

• That final render is amazing!   Great composition and posing!  Excellent work, Sonja!

This discussion has been closed.