Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I am pretty sure that it has the cloth room also but I am on my laptop at the moment which does not have poser loaded (not enough memory left after studio, carrara, bryce and photoshop lol.)  so I was not 100% positive on that.

edited December 2016

Cat for Genesis - 3 Delight.  The hair came with the character and is appropriately named, Cat Hair lol.  This is one of Wilmap's dresses with Orimono Shaders.  I want to put in a shout out for GI Dome Lights as well.  A large variety of lights and they come with both 3Delight and Iray optimized.  I use these a lot.

Cat for Genesis.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Is that just the regular version, not the Pro?  I thought the regular version didn't come with the cloth room.  I might be mistaking it for a different room then.  I might have to look into again.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

KM,  Yes the regular version... the Pro version does have some other useful features... go to SmithMicro and while looking at either version click the "compare" tab to see what is missing.

edited December 2016

Mountain Patrol

Lyndsey (G3F)

Strangefates new armour (Coming Soon) - For the record, this armour is amazingly well done, the details are spot on.  I want to reach out and touch it to see if its real lol.

FM's Top of the World

Mountain Patrol.png
    1024 x 819 - 2M
    edited December 2016

Discovered this in a dark corner of my content library.  I LOVE this!  Straight out of the box 3Delight.  Now I have to add stuff to it....

Forgotten.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    edited December 2016

Just a quick render using a couple of random things....

Lost in the Sands.png
    1280 x 1024 - 1M

edited December 2016

And a simple render in Carrara.  I managed to accomplish quite a bit of learning with this one, especially in regards to the terrain and sky.  Many thanks to everyone over in the Carrara thread for all the help!

Black Horse on the Mesa.png
    1024 x 768 - 1M

Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!  I know its a couple days early but wanted to say it while I remembered lol.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.  Love the horse and the swampy time portal. 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Merry Christmas Sonja smiley

• Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• Merry Christmas everyone!

Thanks Diomede! I'm getting there lol.

I just wanted to say what a wonderful year (and couple of months) its been here.  So much kindness and friendship and fun as well as a bit of sorrow and some serious moments of frustration.  I truly treasure the time I've spent getting to know everyone as well as the massive amounts of help sent my way lol. I'm totally looking forward to what the new year will bring

And a Very Merry Christmast to you Sonja.

edited December 2016

No Longer Home Sweet Home

Valoria G3F

Haunted Interior

No postwork yet.

No Longer Home Sweet Home.png
    2040 x 1632 - 7M
    edited December 2016

Some fun with postwork.

No Longer Home Sweet Home 7.png
    2040 x 1632 - 7M
    No Longer Home Sweet Home 3.png
    2040 x 1632 - 7M
    No Longer Home Sweet Home4.png
    2040 x 1632 - 6M

Merry Christmas!  House is cleaned, gravy is started candles are lit, ceiling in the kitchen is mudded and sanded lol (didn't get the light up today but no complaints, Greg got up early and sanded it down one more time), and the dog got a bath.  Don't have anything else to do until its time to peel the potatos and pop the ham in the oven, so I have about two hours before I need to get moving again.

I would love to know what everyone makes for Christmas dinner,  family favorites, stuff you made up on the fly, or if you go out to eat, where do you go? If you don't do Christmas, what do you do?  what's traditional food for your holiday, or what do you make?

• Merry Christmas!

After making monkey bread for breakfast, I baked two pies, one pumpkin, and one cherry.  After that, I put a spiral ham in the oven.  It should be ready by around in about an hour.  Sides are going to be au gratin potatoes, corn, and dinner rolls.  I also have the makings for a nice salad for anyone who wants more greens, usually me.  I made two big batches of cookies last night so there would be cookies on Santa's plate.  I just went to get one and they are all gone!  I guess I'll be making the rest of the cookies that didn't get baked last night this evening after dinner.  

Oh, and I have two boys who refuse to eat ham so they are having fried chicken that was made yesterday courtesy of the local Publix.  One of the boys is at a stage where he can't eat anything from cute pigs.  The other one will only eat poultry.  It's usually turkey and chicken at my house for most meals.  I'm rebelling a little with the ham because I miss it so much.  I'm so tired of trying to figure out new ways to fix chicken!  :)  I fixed some nice burgers the other night for dinner, man were they juicy and very satisfying.  My poultry boy had turkey Spam burgers!

Tomorrow, leftovers will be ham sandwiches, deviled eggs and maybe I'll make a potato salad to go with it.  For those who don't eat ham, I have some turkey from the deli for sandwiches and there will probably be some leftover fried chicken.

It's been fairly quiet at my house today.  The boys are all off playing new games so I haven't heard a peep out of them much.

You know, reading back what I just wrote makes it seem like I don't live in a normal house.  I really hope I'm not the only one with strange and weird kids.  :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

This year I needed to find a way to cook a meal for one, without it being too boring.  Found a nice joint of meat which is a turkey breast, stuffed with a deboned and flattened duck leg, then that suffed with pork sausge mea with cranberries and apple. All finished off with streaky (belly rasher) bacon to keep it moist whilst cooking and give nice crispy bacon as well.  Whole joint weighs in at 1.5 kilo (just over 3 pounds) had it with roast potatoes. sprouting tenderstem broccoli and green peas.   Was nice and the cats enjoyed some of the meat as well, but turned their noses up at the stuffing and veg.   I am going to freeze some of it for later, and still have enough for cold cuts for a couple of days.

Oh those meals both sound yummy!  Chohole, that sounds truly amazing! (i'm a big fan of bacon on anything!) I;ve heard of duck and turkey pairing really well together, might have to give it a go one of these days.

KM sounds like a normal house to me!  My daughter rarely eats meat at all, my sons fiancee doesn't do a lot of red meat, so we eat a lot of poultry here as well lol.  This year, I think Amanda is having mashed potatos and chocolate ice cream, she just had her wisdom teeth pulled Friday.

We are having home made mashed potatos and gravy, sweet potatos, green beans, corn, pretzel rolls and spiral ham.

• Chohole said:

This year I needed to find a way to cook a meal for one, without it being too boring.  Found a nice joint of meat which is a turkey breast, stuffed with a deboned and flattened duck leg, then that suffed with pork sausge mea with cranberries and apple. All finished off with streaky (belly rasher) bacon to keep it moist whilst cooking and give nice crispy bacon as well.  Whole joint weighs in at 1.5 kilo (just over 3 pounds) had it with roast potatoes. sprouting tenderstem broccoli and green peas.   Was nice and the cats enjoyed some of the meat as well, but turned their noses up at the stuffing and veg.   I am going to freeze some of it for later, and still have enough for cold cuts for a couple of days.

@Chohole  It does sound yummy.  I've only ever had duck at a Chinese restaurant, never cooked it myself.  I might have to fix that sometime.  I didn't know you were on your own for Christmas this year.  I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope you manage to survive the holidays on your own.  

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Chohole said:

@Chohole  It does sound yummy.  I've only ever had duck at a Chinese restaurant, never cooked it myself.  I might have to fix that sometime.  I didn't know you were on your own for Christmas this year.  I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope you manage to survive the holidays on your own.  

People have been saying that 2016 has been a bad year for losses of famous people and other things going wrong. 2016 really got personal with me  I lost my younger brother in late Febuary, which was somewhat expected, but still hurt.  I then lost Himself, my long time partner, my other half, my soul mate at the end of April, completely unexpectedly and very sudden.  So yes, on my own apart from my 2 little cats. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited December 2016
    Chohole said:
    Chohole said:

People have been saying that 2016 has been a bad year for losses of famous people and other things going wrong. 2016 really got personal with me  I lost my younger brother in late Febuary, which was somewhat expected, but still hurt.  I then lost Himself, my long time partner, my other half, my soul mate at the end of April, completely unexpectedly and very sudden.  So yes, on my own apart from my 2 little cats. 

@Chohole  Ah, sorry to hear about your brother and himself.  I remember reading a lot of posts where you mention your longtime partner over the last couple of years since I've been a member here.  I'm sad to hear he is gone.  My condolences.  {{Hugs!!}}

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

Home alone... just boiled up about a dozen eggs to treat myself and make deviled eggs. I've finally got them tasting as good as Mother used to make plus I always add a bit of Dijon or some spices to give it a tiny kick to step it up another level... gotta remember to sprinkle some paprika on top this time. I've some hamburger in fridge... might just make a meatloaf with chorizo instead of bulk sausage from my own recipe... I like meatloaf that tastes like no others I had over the years... Family owned 4 restaurants so grew up in them... unfortunately I didn't learn to cook really good so been watching cooking shows since 2006 and buying cook books since then by pro chefs.

Chohole, Sorry to hear of your losses. :(

Chohole said:
    Chohole said:

So sorry to hear this. Its been an awful year all around for so many people...Hoping that 2017 is a much better one for everyone!

wgdjohn said:

Home alone... just boiled up about a dozen eggs to treat myself and make deviled eggs. I've finally got them tasting as good as Mother used to make plus I always add a bit of Dijon or some spices to give it a tiny kick to step it up another level... gotta remember to sprinkle some paprika on top this time. I've some hamburger in fridge... might just make a meatloaf with chorizo instead of bulk sausage from my own recipe... I like meatloaf that tastes like no others I had over the years... Family owned 4 restaurants so grew up in them... unfortunately I didn't learn to cook really good so been watching cooking shows since 2006 and buying cook books since then by pro chefs.

Chohole, Sorry to hear of your losses. :(

I love deviled eggs.  I like to add little bits of onions and bacon to mine.

Sounds yummy... will have to try.

• I love deviled eggs and I've tried a ton of different deviled egg recipes.  I love changing it up.  I always hated filling them, though, because it's messy and I always ended up with at least one egg that didn't have any filling because I filled the others up too much.  I finally figured out the trick to getting perfectly filled eggs each and every time.  Just use a piping bag or a Ziploc bag with a corner cut off just enough for the egg filling to squeeze through.  Works every time and clean up is much easier when I'm done.  I forget which chef I got that from, but I'm sure it was a Food Network chef.  I used to be addicted to watching that channel before I gave up watching TV.

This discussion has been closed.