:coolsmile: stuff

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2012

LOL Kapow!

Nice vid. :)

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link cripeman, as a newbie to Carrara I find your tutorials very clear, precise and informative. An excellent teaching aid, and I appreciate the time and effort you put into these free tutorials.

Kind regards,
    Musicplayer. :-)

• cripemancripeman Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link cripeman, as a newbie to Carrara I find your tutorials very clear, precise and informative. An excellent teaching aid, and I appreciate the time and effort you put into these free tutorials.

Kind regards,
    Musicplayer. :-)

Thanx Musicplayer I may have said this before but, it's kind of like spaghetti, I may not make the best but there's plenty and you're welcome to it.

• jcrabbjcrabb Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Thanks as always! I've discovered the joy of dual monitors...Carrara on one and tutorials on the other...once you've started you'll never want to learn any other way.
    Jim

edited December 1969

http://youtu.be/ZTqEXiyjxQ4

What's the chances of getting the you tube embed tags going again?

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1_gq7DHd9k

This one shows a couple of tricks for getting decent ruled surfaces.

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqSkG7oJ95g

There is a mini tutorial in here ... but I want to really give props to 3DUniverse.

The toon generation figure is awesome.

3DUnivers Toon Generation Figure

• Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Cripeman
    Your youtube videos have helped me out of a number of jams late at night when I couldn't figure something out.
    Thanks!

• Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

I've watched (and learned from) some of your tutorials in the past. Thanks, Cripeman!

• laynemoorelaynemoore Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did a youtube search for "cripeman" and found a ton. You should have a channel. Will be diving into your tutorials this weekend - thanks!

edited December 1969

Thanx ya'll. Been without a computer for a few months, now that I'm back up ... gonna have tons more stuff ... keep an eye peeled.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I wondered where you went. I thought the new forums put you off.

edited December 2012

:lol:Yeah fried my laptop. Got an AWESOME deal on a used Mac Pro for 1/3 the price of the laptop.

But ... the new forums do take some getting used to. Just as an FYI ... if what happened to me happens to you ... DAZ has everything you've bought from them backed up. :lol:

Except for the original Mike and Vicky. Which is a bummer. ::(:

Post edited by cripeman on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

Good to have you back, there isalways a need for a new tutorial.
    Please buy an usb harddrive for backup, to recover faster the next time you deep fry the computer.
    As soon as I understand the CarraraCafe layout I'll post the new tuts there too.

edited December 1969

3drendero said:
    Please buy an usb harddrive for backup, to recover faster the next time you deep fry the computer.
    As soon as I understand the CarraraCafe layout I'll post the new tuts there too.

Personally, I look for Firewire or a combination of Firewire/USB.

edited December 1969

Yeah I have a Passport external for now. But, what was cool about this one is it came with a HUGE second HD.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 2012

cripeman said:
    :lol:Yeah fried my laptop. Got an AWESOME deal on a used Mac Pro for 1/3 the price of the laptop.

But ... the new forums do take some getting used to. Just as an FYI ... if what happened to me happens to you ... DAZ has everything you've bought from them backed up. :lol:

Did you check your Itemized Order History and try resetting them? Or does nothing happen? They should be listed in there as Millennium Woman "Victoria" and Millennium Man "Michael"

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
    edited December 1969

cripeman said:

Did you check your Itemized Order History and try resetting them? Or does nothing happen? They should be listed in there as Millennium Woman "Victoria" and Millennium Man "Michael"

Found 'em ... Thanks Kevin.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

You're welcome and thank you for the tutes! :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,198
    edited December 1969

Yeah,
    even as technology and technique send us towards the new and awesome products, Mike and Vicky are still some incredibly cool figures - with LOTS of supporting products as well. I have three separate hard drives that I use for the sole purpose of saving my DAZ installers. Once a year, around Christmas time, I connect the drives again and organize all of that year's purchases into the organizational folders and back that drive up onto the other two. Seems a bit ridiculous until you've lost a pile of valuable data due to corruption or a failed device.

Then as I replace my main drives in my computer, I recycle those into more backup storage. Heck I'm not using those drives for anything anymore anyways, so...

whoa... "anything anymore anyways... I like that!
    Thing is, I've noticed that many of the files I have stored have been updated since I've stored them. Makes me glad that Daz is so nice about resetting my stash!

BTW,
    Cripeman, I love your tutorials. You do this community a great service!
    Thanks!

edited December 1969

3drendero said:

Personally, I look for Firewire or a combination of Firewire/USB.
    The drives I speak of in my previous post are internal - so I bought this great little box that works for SATA and IDE interface drives and converts them to USB. Works so nicely that I plan to get a couple more. Mine is made by Masscool - but there are many others.

I'm also a glutton for those little USB hard drives when they go on sale. Got a 1.5 TB GoDrive for less than a hundred bucks a while back. That thing keeps an entire backup of ALL of my runtime folders - negating the need for all of those installer backups! But you never know when you want to build a new runtime folder structure - so I just like to save everything ;)

edited December 1969

Woohoo, finally got the CarraraCafe layout and my crappy mobile internet to work long enough to post a new Cripeman tutorial:
    http://carraracafe.com/?page_id=710

Got a backlog to do, to tired now though.

edited December 1969

Like.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

As an utter noob I wanted to thank you for your extensive tutorials Cripeman. You along with several forum members are the reason I am slowly learning Cararra. I still get frustrated and go back to DS4.5 occasionally but I'm learning!

edited December 1969

Updated with 3 more links at http://carraracafe.com/
    Still some left on the backlog, but getting closer...

edited December 1969

Thanks 3drendero! ;)

edited December 1969

....Then as I replace my main drives in my computer, I recycle those into more backup storage. Heck I'm not using those drives for anything anymore anyways, so...

whoa... "anything anymore anyways... I like that!....

Thanks!

Haha! I can tell you live near Door County! (From one Cheesehead to another!) :lol: ;-)

edited December 1969

3drendero said:
    Updated with 3 more links at http://carraracafe.com/
    Still some left on the backlog, but getting closer...

Too cool man ... thanx.

• The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Cripeman!

Your tut on rendering a muzzle flash saved me. I was trying to figure out how to do it with an emitter.