PT Boat WIP

RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi guys

Like Redsquare, I've dug up something that I will now get on with completing!

A PT Boat - with armaments:)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

That looks great Roy!

I'm glad I called in. Very nice modelling, and the weapons look very realistic too.

• RedSquareRedSquare Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

:coolsmile: I like it! All power to your mouse. But this Roy refuses to take the blame Roy.

Post edited by RedSquare on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

looks like its ready for water warfare ;-)

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys:)

Always a bit of a bind working from ref pics - there are so many variations and it's been 50 years since I used a .50 cal Browning that I have had to take some artistic licence:)

• hiker_1hiker_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

very nice work! can't wait to see it finished!

8)

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 1969

Looking good Roygee, excellent piece of modeling.

edited December 1969

Thanks, guys:)

Still wrestling with myself about how much more detail to add before calling it a day.

• ausairausair Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looks good Roy

Roygee said:

Still wrestling with myself about how much more detail to add before calling it a day.

That's the trick with 3d modelling, most people try to add to much detail, tire of the project and never finish it.

Except when its paid work, you have some extra motivation to finish.

• UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

That looks great!

edited December 1969

Thanks, UVDan:)

Making some progress - almost finished prepping the .50cal for export, then to my favourite part (NOT) UV mapping:)

Problem is to find time and my ancient eyes don't like too many hours in front of the screen.

• UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

I do not mind uv mapping when all the parts are grouped and assigned a material. It is when I have to go around and pick a poly here and a poly there until I have all of a part selected so I can assign groups and materials that it begins to feel like real work.

edited December 1969

For the ridiculously complex models I normally make, I wouldn't even consider using Hex - thank goodness for UU3D:) Can make groups, UV map each in any number of ways, combine groups afterwards. The only hassle I have with it is selecting edges to cut seams, which can be very painful because it is too accurate and selects every branch of edge loops.

If only I could select the seams in Hex and then continue in UU3D:)