Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited December 2016

Willow for V4 

Bechet Braid Hair for v4

MFD - Gothic texture

Another V4 girl using 3Delight - I am doing these straight out of the box - if this was a serious render I would have changed the textures on the dress.

Willow.jpg
    1569 x 2040 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Nice. I like that one. Great job! :)

Thanks!

edited December 2016

Tulsa for V4 - She is very cute but when I use her again I am going to have to play around more with her teeth.  They look grey (normally, they are too white lol) and I cannot get them toned down.  Might have to go into the texture map itself and change it.

Chrystaline Hair

Top of the World

No shadows.  I have no idea why there are no shadows I made sure they were turned on. I might revisit this at some point and do it in Iray and see what happens.

Tulsa V4.png
    2045 x 1636 - 5M
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited December 2016

Sonja,  You might try adding a light to shine *only* on her teeth... adjusting for brightness of course.  I've even added a Gel setting at a different color... a *very* light blue might help to make them a bit more white. I've not tried with DS so don't know what setting opts there are for lights.

All your renders look very good... kewl.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Thanks! I don't know if its possible or not lol.  I will have to check it out.

edited December 2016

Alahna V4 With Arki's Dragon Corona and Mystic top. As you can see there is something odd about the front of the hair, it looks like the jewelry are floating and there is some weird floaty thing going on as well as a strange artifact at the hairline.  I have another render cooking that should be done momentarly and you will be able to see it better.  Not sure what's going on with that.

Alanha V4 Dragon Crown.jpg
    1569 x 2040 - 2M
    Alanha V4 Dragon Crown Take 2.jpg
    1569 x 2040 - 2M
  • They both turned out beautiful.  As for the thing with the hair, it looks like there is a transperancy issue, maybe.  It almost looks like there is some geometry not quite showing all the way, too.  I have no idea what that is.  That isn't one I've tried playing with yet so I have no clue what that could be.

• Fantastic textures on the character and clothes!

I think that hair prop did not follow the V4 head scaling. If you can, I think if you can slightly scale the hair longways so the front is moved forward just a touch... it will get rid of those circles. I think her forehead skin is breaking through the hair basically.

Lovely work!!

Thank you KM! 

ColemanRugh thank you I will give that a try. I think I tried everything BUT that.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Those are quite beautiful. Nicely done!

Thank you Novica!  If I can get rid of the artifact it will be better.  I could probably do it in Photoshop but it would be tricky right there at the hairline.  I'm going to try what ColemanRugh suggested first. And I really want to give this hair prop a go in Iray.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

This is Ami for Aiko 4.  3Delight.  Was originally going to do her in Iray but she just looked awful, even with conversion.  Her eyes were rendering completely black no matter what I changed. I actually really enjoyed doing something in 3Delight again it was fun, easy and quick and turned out relatively well.  The first on is without the overskirt the second one is with the overskirt.  I did change the color of the dress using the Orimono Shaders.  If you do 3Delight and don't have these shaders you should go check them out.  They are gorgeous with lots of options,  I couldn't quite get the overskirt to follow the same as the dress but I figured the lace was lighter than the dress anyway.  And it helped hide the dark spot on the front of the dress.  Thought it might be a shadow but its not, no idea what it is.  If I decide to keep the render I will fix it in photoshop.  Personally, I like the one without the overskirt better.

I like the one with the overskirt better. 

If you add a subtle spotlight with pale yellow light just above her left side, the color shining on her face will define her and add depth to the render.

edited December 2016

Alahna V4 With Arki's Dragon Corona and Mystic top. As you can see there is something odd about the front of the hair, it looks like the jewelry are floating and there is some weird floaty thing going on as well as a strange artifact at the hairline.  I have another render cooking that should be done momentarly and you will be able to see it better.  Not sure what's going on with that.

I have Dragon Corona.  I did some test renders and figured it out.

First of all, the hair is fitted to V4, not to Alahna.  Unlike Genesis, V4 doesn't have the autofit that adjusts to each character, so you need to make manual adjustments yourself. If you look at your second render, you can see the clipping there, right above the tiara. 

Here I have Gorgon Medusa with the hair and no texture.  Looks like the fit is fine.

With the texture applied, however, you can see some clipping just above the tiara on this view and the top view - I had darkened the diffuse (3Delight) on the "top" texture to make it stand out.  Yes, I also have shadows below the jewels. 

I removed the texture from the Top surface so I could see what I was doing.  Select the Updo in the scene tab and use Adjustments / Adjust Forehead Front on the Parameters tab.  Then select the Hairjewels and do the same.  -1.00 worked fine for me.  You may also need to adjust the tiara as well. 

Dragon Corona 01.jpg
    600 x 600 - 197K
    Dragon Corona 02.jpg
    600 x 600 - 216K
    Dragon Corona 03.jpg
    600 x 600 - 244K
    Dragon Corona 04.jpg
    600 x 600 - 216K
    Dragon Corona 07.jpg
    600 x 600 - 216K
    Post edited by dracorn on

Tulsa for V4 - She is very cute but when I use her again I am going to have to play around more with her teeth.  They look grey (normally, they are too white lol) and I cannot get them toned down.  Might have to go into the texture map itself and change it.

Chrystaline Hair

Top of the World

No shadows.  I have no idea why there are no shadows I made sure they were turned on. I might revisit this at some point and do it in Iray and see what happens.

What lights are you using? 

If it's Uber Environment, you may have too much ambient.  I don't have Top of the World, but I have noticed when there is a distant light and Uber Environment, if you tone down the UE lights, your shadows from the distant light will come in.  You may have to tone it way down, like 20-30% or so. 

Dracorn thank you! I had no idea about any of that so that is most helpful!  Its too late tonight to play with this but will definitely go back and redo these as I really really like the dragon corona.

• Those are some great renders, Sonja!  I love the motion and dynamic feel to the render of Ami running through the hall.  Nicely done!

Just watched Frozen, finally. A great resourse for posing and animation. Please pardon my being a huge Disney and Pixar fan.

Thanks TabascoJack! 

Wgdjohn my whole family is a pixar/disney fan so no worries lol.

edited December 2016

I think I'm in love with this character!  Oh my gosh she is just gorgeous!  And thanks again Dracorn on the tips for the hair, looks much better now.  This is 3Delight, I'm off to see what happens in Iray

Aerandiel V4.jpg
    2040 x 2040 - 2M
    edited December 2016

My first render in Poser.  That was NOT easy lol.  Postwork in Photoshop.  I think I am really going to like having several programs.  I bought Terra Dome 2 and wanted to try it out.  And I have some stuff that is Poser only and some things wishlisted elsewhere that is Poser specific that I would like to use. And I'm loving Carrara and want to pop back into Bryce as the interface over there is starting to make a bit more sense since I started with Carrara. And of course, when I am up to my eyebrows in frustration with the new programs I can play in Studio with a bit less frustration lol.

Dragon Flying Postwork Final.png
    1024 x 768 - 1M
    Dragon Flying Vintage Photo.png
    1024 x 768 - 1M
  • Excellent work!

I started in Poser and find it hard to go back after spending a lot of time with Daz Studio - ha ha. But I like Poser's material room a lot. I love your dragon render.

Thank you!  I am very interested in Poser's cloth room and I love the terra dome products.  I have Terra Dome 3 For Studio but there are a lot more add ons for 2 at the moment.  and I picked up most of them in this last sale for a son.What I am hoping to do by learning the different programs is to be able to use the strengths of each do accomplish what I want to do.  I admit to a strong fondness for Studio though.

• My first render in Poser.  That was NOT easy lol.  Postwork in Photoshop.  I think I am really going to like having several programs.  I bought Terra Dome 2 and wanted to try it out.  And I have some stuff that is Poser only and some things wishlisted elsewhere that is Poser specific that I would like to use. And I'm loving Carrara and want to pop back into Bryce as the interface over there is starting to make a bit more sense since I started with Carrara. And of course, when I am up to my eyebrows in frustration with the new programs I can play in Studio with a bit less frustration lol.

Nice renders!   I feel your pain, though....

Daz Studio.

Vue 2015

Blender

Photoshop

So many different tools.  Sometimes it's hard to remember that I just want to make art sometimes.........

My first render in Poser.  That was NOT easy lol.  Postwork in Photoshop.  I think I am really going to like having several programs.  I bought Terra Dome 2 and wanted to try it out.  And I have some stuff that is Poser only and some things wishlisted elsewhere that is Poser specific that I would like to use. And I'm loving Carrara and want to pop back into Bryce as the interface over there is starting to make a bit more sense since I started with Carrara. And of course, when I am up to my eyebrows in frustration with the new programs I can play in Studio with a bit less frustration lol.

Nice renders!   I feel your pain, though....

Daz Studio.

Vue 2015

Blender

Photoshop

So many different tools.  Sometimes it's hard to remember that I just want to make art sometimes.........

So true!  And just not enough time in the day to learn it all as fast as I want to.

• Looks good for a first render.  I can't even imagine trying to use another program with everything else I'm trying to learn how to use.  However, I did end up getting TerraDome 2 with one of the freebie codes  to see if I could use if in Carrara.  That was a bust so I may yet Poser at some point in the future.  Good luck with Poser, though.  :)

There is a thread over in the Carrara lounge on using Terra Dome 2 in Carrara.  I haven't had a chance to really read through it yet though.

• Yeah, I took a look last night after I did my voting for the Carrara contest.  Looks like it isn't easy if you don't already have Poser.  I'll have to think about it.  Even at 60% off, it's a rather steep price to pay.  Considering the stripped down version as it's much less, but it doesn't have things like the cloth room.  Will probably have to wait for the next sale.

I got the $50 version, I figure by the time I figure out the basics I will have saved enough to upgrade lol.

KM,  Sonja,  What are you talking about?  I grabbed Poser 11 at $50 in November.  Today was the first time I cranked it up to check... it has a cloth room.  I'd had in my wishlist at Rendo for about a year before it dropped that low.... couln't resist... only really wanted the content.

This discussion has been closed.