Nov. 2016 New User 3D Art Contest - Materials (Entries Thread)

Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331

New User's Contest - November 2016

Sponsored by DAZ 3D  

Are you new to the 3D World? Are you at the beginning stages of learning 3D rendering? Have you been around

for a little bit but feel you could benefit from some feedback or instruction? Have you been around awhile

and would like to help other members start their creative journey? Well then come and join the fun as we

host our newest contest...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Materials"

This month, our attention will be on 'Materials'. When working on your submissions, if you would like to get feedback as you work or before posting your final image, please post your image to the WIP THREAD. People will be popping in to the WIP THREAD to give you some critique and advice on your entry and help along the way.

Please keep all comments on entries etc to the WIP THREAD as well because comments or requests for help/feedback/advice will be removed from the contest thread and merged into the WIP THREAD. This thread is only for posting final contest submissions.

For those veterans of the forums that would like to help, because this contest is designed for the beginner to learn from, we will be randomly selecting posts offering helpful tips and/or critiques to receive a special voucher as well so, whether you are a seasoned artist or an aspiring one, there is fun for everyone!

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Comments

• NattSmoothNattSmooth Posts: 3
    edited November 2016

Waiting

Daz 4.9, Iray, Photoshop CC

mat_post.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by NattSmooth on
  • social_stigmasocial_stigma Posts: 107
    edited November 2016

Title: Fierce

Rendered in Iray, no post-work

fierce.jpg
    579 x 938 - 326K
    Post edited by social_stigma on
  • kanegskanegs Posts: 80

The Pit Stop

Rendered in Iray, no post-work

Energy pattern based on Lightning Tile by FIFE-Productions (http://fife-productions.deviantart.com/art/Lightning-Tile-200152131)

the_pit7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • daybirddaybird Posts: 646

Angry Dryade

DAZ 4.8 Iray no Postwork. 

To pity, I haven't time for another render, but time runs out.

Dryade.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 1M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited November 2016

Frozen Sister - Iray

The frozen girl and her hair have Frozen Sisters Shaders applied one for the body and a different one for the hair.  The snowflake patterns on the face and breast of the other girl were applied directly to the templates using photoshop.  Changed the materials on the cape using DG's fur and leather shaders.  Changed the unfrozen sister's eyes using the templates as well and not a shader.  Applied an HDRI image to the sky.  Also changed severeal settings on the hair to make it more black, it was rendering more in the grey than the black tones.

88f5faf5e2ce7de4ffcd79812c5e64.png
    2040 x 1632 - 7M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,027
    edited December 2016

Struggle Against the Elements - 3Delight  (edit to say no postwork)

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Fandoms Unite

DAZ 4.9 Iray w/o Postwork

nov2016-2k.png
    1031 x 872 - 2M
  • Neko Strike

DAZ 4.9 Iray render w/o postwork

nov2016g.png
    1031 x 872 - 2M
  • Here is my first ever entry, I've been learning Daz for a little over a year now.  This scene required a lot of materials work, including remastering a city set by Stonemason with updated Iray materials, particularly the emissive channels.  Also did a lot of other tweaks.  There is some very slight postwork, bluring out some hard edges and correcting some artifacts.

Mech Approaching Final 4k.jpg
    4561 x 2160 - 574K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited December 2016

Pickles N Peaches Toon Effect

Rendered in 3 Delight with LineRender9000 and composited in Gimp 2.9 Beta.  Redid the surfaces of Pickles and Peaches with shaders in each of the different surfaces.

PicklesNPeachesToons.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 555K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • * The contest is now closed. *

Good luck!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

1st Place:  The Pit Stop by kanegs

2nd Place:  Waiting by NattSmooth

HM:  Untitled by Digital Solace

Most Helpful:  DollyGirl

Please contact DAZ_ann0314 with your e-mail address associated with your DAZ account to recieve your prize.

Congratulations to the winners and all participants.  Excellent work by everyone.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Congrads to all Winners some really amazing renders this month I am sure it was most difficult to judge this months entries!!!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Great job guys congratulations!

• kanegskanegs Posts: 80

Wow! I still can't believe that I won. There were some great entries last month.

Congratulations to all the winners, and a big thank-you to everyone who gave suggestions and helped me learn.

• Congratulations everyone!  Nice images.  :)

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Congratulations winners! Well done!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,027

Congratulations, everyone.  Well deserved.

• daybirddaybird Posts: 646

Congratulation to the winner! :)