Possible to import camera tracking data?

angusshmangusangusshmangus Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi

Is it possible to import camera tracking data (point cloud) into DAZ 3D?

Thanks in advance

Angus

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

You'd presumably have to write a script to read the points and assign them to keyframes. What format is your camera point cloud in?

• angusshmangusangusshmangus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi redave. thanks for the reply. sorry about my very delayed response. I did not seem to get an email telling me that someone had responded to my question. stumbled across this thread again today. I am not technical at all. I have no idea how to write a script. I am not a programmer and do not want to be. I use another 3d program which allows me to in a very non technical way import camera tracking data and attach a camera to it without any scripting at all. is daz 3d not able to do this as a standard point and click feature?

regards

Angus

edited December 1969

There are people who are interested in doing scripts for free (and for-pay as well), so that might be a surmountable problem eventually. What is important is to have enough information on the file format. Can you tell us what is the extension of those files, and what program you use?

• angusshmangusangusshmangus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ok. my workflow is i create the motion tracking data in a 3d camera tracking program called voocat and it is able to export the camera tracking data in the following formats:

Maya, XSI, 3D Studio Max, LightWave, Blender, Cinema 4D via Lightwave, Collada, Houdini CameraClip, Houdini Script, Softimage 3D XSI und text file

i want to be able to import the camera tracking data into daz so that the virtual camera in daz mimics the tracked footage done in voocat.

I already know how to do this in vue infinite except that i do not want to use vue infinite to render anything.i want to use daz.

Thanks

Angus

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 2012

You might be able to do it via the FBX export... but that means you'd have to set up your camera track in DS then take it to whatever you're using... and that assumes it's possible. I render in DS, that's where the people live, so that's where I render.

Are you using a particular render engine, like Reality/LuxRender or Octane or something like that? You're best option, IMHO will be to have your render engine be consistent, that way your final product will be consistent.

Post edited by wancow on
  • niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

Casual wrote a script that will import camera tracking information from both VooDoo and VooCat into DS 1,2,3 & 4, though I don't know if it works in 4.5...

You can find it on his site here -> https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjvoodoodaz-for-ds1-2-3-4

He posts freebies regularly in the General Freepository...

Hope this helps... :)

edited December 1969

Go, Casual!!!!!

• edited July 2015

I did. But FBX import only the initial position camera whitout animation. I would import matchmoving camera data from Boujou or PF track or Syntheyes...

Post edited by c_parad_4533bf4ef1 on