Dental Plan for Genesis - Now Available (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Looks great Z... and you got the Lady DraagonStorm working with you... dang! Great team.

I think one of the posters suggested having a saw tooth morph... I remember seeing a few really scary DC comics villians, one in particular from the Legion of Super Heroes that have those freaky teeth.... YAY.. found it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Invasion.png

This is the closest you can get with this set. Remember in that example you showed, he has twice the amount of teeth making them appear thinner. If you make these as thin you will see gaps in between due to the lack of teeth. Also his jaw is really long, beyond the limits of Genesis unless you make a custom morph. Either way I am happy with this set as you can already create looks and variations never done before:) I know it won't be able to do every type of look, but it tries...

1.jpg
    600 x 400 - 93K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Man, one more thing I need to buy...

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

This is going to be incredibly useful.

edited December 2012

This is the interface for applying the materials. You can choose to load the base teeth material preset (white) and apply how bad you want it to look, Or you can load the Worst Teeth material preset and work backwards. Draagonstorm did a fantastic job with this:)

2.jpg
    600 x 400 - 88K
    1.jpg
    600 x 400 - 91K
    t2.jpg
    596 x 758 - 219K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2012

An example of mixing the material settings.

preset.jpg
    1262 x 758 - 345K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Combined materials with combined morphs.

4.jpg
    600 x 400 - 91K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

You two are amazing! Great work! :) Love the interface! I want this even more :cheese:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

LORD HAVE MERCY.... great work the both of you!

• Rook056Rook056 Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Excellent work and good product development. It addresses the issue of so much content being too perfect. By the way great job with the Vacularity, there's only a couple of comparable products.

Have you considered textures for the V4/M4 brain and organs. The existing textures are good, but based on what you've done you could expanded it even more.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Rook056 said:
    Excellent work and good product development. It addresses the issue of so much content being too perfect. By the way great job with the Vacularity, there's only a couple of comparable products.

Have you considered textures for the V4/M4 brain and organs. The existing textures are good, but based on what you've done you could expanded it even more.

It would take guts to do that...

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 2012

what about a stretchout morph for the mouth+teeth part in the length?
    a shape that could be usefull with more monster shapes...

like the werewolf.... (where the head moves to more dog and teeth move with it.

some examples of teeth i need.

http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/xl/an-american-werewolf-in-london-lifesize-prop-xl.jpg

the mslycan morph is great, but a kind of useless without a great set of tooth that follow the wolf morph...
    it still looks like a wolf without teeth :) and that's scary enough :lol:
    http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/sep12/cabinwolf.jpg
    http://www.irishacts.com/misc/werewolf.jpg

Post edited by Fixme12 on
    edited December 1969

Here is the thing. This product just caters for the teeth and gums morphs on whatever shape you dial up. If I have to start making mouth shapes and mouth morphs then I am breaching off into another catagory which is not what this product is about. You can achieve that teeth look with this product and the morphs available, but that mouth morph will have to be something that is dialed up from an existing shape. The product is already complete and has been submitted to Daz and will be available in Jan:) I cannot add or change it at this stage unfortunately:(

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Here is the thing. This product just caters for the teeth and gums morphs on whatever shape you dial up. If I have to start making mouth shapes and mouth morphs then I am breaching off into another catagory which is not what this product is about. You can achieve that teeth look with this product and the morphs available, but that mouth morph will have to be something that is dialed up from an existing shape. The product is already complete and has been submitted to Daz and will be available in Jan:) I cannot add or change it at this stage unfortunately:(

you can build an update and fix for it...
    that happens with plugins too.
    why not put a few mouth morphs to it?

edited December 2012

I can, but there is also the fact that I do not want to. I do not want to clutter a product and fill it with content that has no direct relation to it. This product is called dental plan, because its purpose is just that. To modify the teeth. If I do make mouth morphs it will have to be a seperate project. I do not want to merge it under this products name. Also time and research has to go into it. What type of mouth morphs? How will it impact shape A and shape B? Can the desired morph be done with the Genesis mesh etc.. If I do decide to do something like that it will be a freebie or a separate project, but not part of this one unfortunately. There is also the fact that I am working on four other projects at the moment and will only deal with requests once those are complete. Hope you understand:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Rook056 said:

lol I don't even have those products:( So I can't develop for it or analyze it. Need to think hard If I want to splash cash on it. They're not really something I need or would use.

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

ZevO, this product looks fantastic.

I prefer to do historically based scenes and one of the things that sometimes bugs me is that teeth during previous centuries were not normally good as dentistry was then really just the removal of teeth. Having this product will make my renders far more accurate for the time lines I prefer to create.

So looking forward to purchasing this product. :)

edited December 2012

I hear you:) Perfection detracts from realism:) Imagine a render of a caveman with perfect teeth lol..

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Glad to hear Daz have accepted it, and that it will be released in Jen as I'm more likely to be able to find the money for it then, and the more I see of what you have done the more I need this product.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    The product is already complete and has been submitted to Daz and will be available in Jan:) I cannot add or change it at this stage unfortunately:(

Congratulations on your first Daz Site product!! I can not wait!! I knew they'd love it :cheese:

edited December 1969

Thanks dude:)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Cybersox13 referred me to this product as a potential fix for the Justin baby teeth that I don't like. The new Young Teen Justin's teeth are tiny and spaced far apart. Will this product make his teeth look like adult teeth by making them larger and filling the gaps?

Justin_baby_teeth.png
    916 x 800 - 678K
    edited December 1969

I have to admit I was a bit shocked by the teeth, I have Hitomi so can rectify it but I think a morph should have been included.

Is there any news on the release of these morphs.
    To be honest I'm pretty broke so although I really want them theres also no hurry.

edited December 2012

barbult said:
    Cybersox13 referred me to this product as a potential fix for the Justin baby teeth that I don't like. The new Young Teen Justin's teeth are tiny and spaced far apart. Will this product make his teeth look like adult teeth by making them larger and filling the gaps?

Sorry for late reply, my notification is messed. Yes indeed this set will fix that. There is a morph called thin teeth. Just dial it in the negative and it will fill the gaps.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

I'm downloading the young teens now... I check and see, but I'm sure this product will help.

Look for release sometime in January

edited December 2012

I have to admit I was a bit shocked by the teeth, I have Hitomi so can rectify it but I think a morph should have been included.

Is there any news on the release of these morphs.
    To be honest I'm pretty broke so although I really want them theres also no hurry.

It is to be released in Jan.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    barbult said:

Sorry for late reply, my notification is messed. Yes indeed this set will fix that. There is a morph called thin teeth. Just dial it in the negative and it will fill the gaps.
    Great! I'll watch for it in the store.

edited December 1969

barbult said:

I'm downloading the young teens now... I check and see, but I'm sure this product will help.

Look for release sometime in January
    It would be great it you could post a picture of Justin with his teeth fixed by your product.

edited December 1969

I also wanna see since I don't have the teens lol...

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 2012

Here's Justin with his teeth fixed ;) I used the Teeth Size All in the Grouped Morphs of the Dental Plan set to -23.2%

(note: just a screen shot to you could see the settings :) )

YTJustin_Teeth_Fix.JPG
    1108 x 781 - 136K
    Post edited by DraagonStorm on
    edited December 2012

Combine it with the thin teeth dialed in negative values. That morph fills the gaps on its own:)

Post edited by Zev0 on