Skin Builder 3 Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Female (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,044

Welcome to the Official Skin Builder 3 Thread. Please post any product related questions here. Thank you for your support.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I have been eagerly awaiting this.  LOVE LOVE LOVE the previous version.  I use it all the time.

• Gotta love progress...

• I keep checking to see if its here yet. I am really looking forward to this too. I love building characters but I am very short on skins. I love my old one but I really enjoy working with Genesis 3 Female so I'll keep checking on this.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,044
    edited April 2017

Edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754

I'm assuming that this will work basically the same as the G2F version, but with the g3F base UVs.  With that in mind, the next logical questions are 1.) has any thought been given to creating a separate map for anatomical elements and 2.) since there were never any after the fact sets created for the original skin builder, is it too much to ask to have a blank "user created" setting option for the eyebrow and tan line generators and so on?  I created a number of my own tan line elements for SB, as the ones that came with it didn't match most of the swimsuits I owned, and also thought the edges of the tanlines were a bit too sharply defined for my taste.        

edited November 2016

1. Already included.

2. If say the last brow is 30, if you name yours 31, it will auto load in script as long as format is the same as other brows. Regarding tanlines that is tough because of seamlines. But same principle. Name yours after the last known one provided, place in same folder and it will appear in script. We build the scripts so they will auto update when you add in your own custom options. Try it on the existing Skinbuilder, I think the script is also built with that feature to auto add in custom content. Just make sure it's named correctly and follows the last included option.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

Merchant????  Does that mean what I think it means?   Wow!!!!!  Thanks and looking forward to what comes next.

Merchant????  Does that mean what I think it means?   Wow!!!!!  Thanks and looking forward to what comes next.

Yes, the skin you create can be sold with a character.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    Zev0 said:

We are working hard on this around the clock. I will post details once things are more finalized. The main issue we have tackled is the speed of the script, and have reworked all the skins and the new blend method in how you combine them, a method we weren't able to do with the previous version. The script now works nearly 5 times faster in building the base skin, so this version is going to be a lot better.

The script also has an undo feature in all tabs so you can step back if you do not like results that you added. We also added a camera that points to the specific body part you are wanting to edit. Eg if you choose the lips make-up, the camera will point to the lips so you can see the results. It also has a manual camera so you can look at the skin without having to close the script all the time. Also all is being optimized for Iray and 3dl, so lots of testing in getting that right. It has an auto convert system that you click with one button weather you want Iray or 3dl. Since this is also a merchant resource, we are busy adding a way for you to package your skins in a folder of your choice along with the material presets, so if you ever want to sell a character, the texture structure is already sorted out for you, and assigned to a material preset. So yes, lot's of progress being made:)

Just about all these improvements sound well worth waiting for. I'm particularly looking forward to the script getting a speed boost, but absolutely everything mentioned appeals to me.

• Does this still use LIE or will it create new textures? Can the output be used in other commercial products like a game?

• This all sounds amazing Zevo (and team?). Can't wait to use this. Any chance of an estimate of date?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

This looks great.

Zev0 said:

We are working hard on this around the clock. I will post details once things are more finalized. The main issue we have tackled is the speed of the script, and have reworked all the skins and the new blend method in how you combine them, a method we weren't able to do with the previous version. The script now works nearly 5 times faster in building the base skin, so this version is going to be a lot better.

The script also has an undo feature in all tabs so you can step back if you do not like results that you added. We also added a camera that points to the specific body part you are wanting to edit. Eg if you choose the lips make-up, the camera will point to the lips so you can see the results. It also has a manual camera so you can look at the skin without having to close the script all the time. Also all is being optimized for Iray and 3dl, so lots of testing in getting that right. It has an auto convert system that you click with one button weather you want Iray or 3dl. Since this is also a merchant resource, we are busy adding a way for you to package your skins in a folder of your choice along with the material presets, so if you ever want to sell a character, the texture structure is already sorted out for you, and assigned to a material preset. So yes, lot's of progress being made:)

This is good to know. cheeky

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Waiting patiently.

Happyboy said:

This all sounds amazing Zevo (and team?). Can't wait to use this. Any chance of an estimate of date?

We hope to have it out before the year is over. If not then definately January. It is a huge project and just takes a while to develop making sure all aspects work with each other.

edited November 2016

Does this still use LIE or will it create new textures? Can the output be used in other commercial products like a game?

It creates new textures. It now creates flattened Jpg's of your script choices\results and saves them to a CreatedMatFiles folder inside the Skinbuilder texture folder (located in runtime\textures\SkinbuilderG3FMR). So no more is anything saved in the Daz temp directory. You will also have the option to save material presets and be able to save the assigned textures to a folder of your choice. By default all textures will be stored in CreateMatFiles until you either run the script again (which will override), or save them to a folder of your choice.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This will be sooo worth the wait!

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

Ironic that your most rabid fan-base is also the most patient! wink

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754

Ironic that your most rabid fan-base is also the most patient! wink

Because we have to be, not because we want to be.  wink

Also, funds are a bit low after the end of the PC sale, so anything that's not MUST BUY THIS SECOND is actually a bit of a relief...  cheeky

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

We are always willing to wait for quality product.

• May I know what this product is for?

edited November 2016

It is for building your own skins either just for renders, or for selling with a character if you wish. It will be a combination of these two products with some added features. http://www.daz3d.com/skin-builder-for-genesis-and-genesis2-female-s and http://www.daz3d.com/skin-overlay-for-v5-and-m5-skin-sets

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • so that means we can export our created skins into a paint/photo editing program and edit them further adding scars, tatts and so forth. you mention brows is that different to the brow remover and wow - got those they're great and what about the lower hair. Also stuff like freckles, veins and such will that be a seperate product again which is ok or will that be combined with this

edited November 2016

"So that means we can export our created skins into a paint/photo editing program and edit them further adding scars, tatts and so forth."

Yes, just like any other merchant resource. Skin builder just give your more choice from the get go, but you can do whatever you want to the skins after that.

"Also stuff like freckles, veins and such will that be a seperate product again which is ok or will that be combined with this"

It has been mentioned it is now part of this package.

"You mention brows is that different to the brow remover and wow - got those they're great and what about the lower hair."

Do you mean removal or adding? If adding this product has gen hair that can be added (similar to Genesis 2 version). Right now it only applies to torso map but we are trying to get them to apply to the anatomy as well when that is applied. The problem right now is that the LIE hair maps is causing seam issues at the moment. Regarding removal, that cannot really be done because of the seams so close to the genital area on the torso map.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • well with the pubic meant adding as generally at least me start off with the basic gen2f body or as the case will be the g3f base with the remover I meant the brows als it sounded like you were adding that feature too as well as the ability to add new eyebrows if so is that different to your wow brows and brow remover products? 

edited November 2016

The skin has no brows or pubic hair. Those you add. Thought you were asking if there is a genhair remover.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • no prob 

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

WooHoo!  Eagerly awaiting this because your products are amazing and have gotten a lot of use out of your Skin Overlay, both the One Click Presets and Merchant Resource yes

Also sent a PM angel

• What all options are there for palms and foot soles?  Curious due to darker skinned characters.

edited December 2016

The darker skin has lighter palms and soles.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Will this one have instructions?