Poser is finally stable?....is it possible?...I'm shocked and amazed.

I've been fiddling with Poser since the very first version was offered on a CD in a graphics magazine.  It was promising, but oh my aching hemmeroids, was it unstable.  I tried out every version since then with the same results.  I loved it but, the crashing and lock ups made it unusable.  When Daz offered Studio I went nuts with it since it ran for weeks with no problems. 

Assuming I'd experience the same problems, I had no hope for my latest attempt with Poser 11 SR5.  I'm flabbergasted and twitterpated.  I'ts been running for a week with absolutely no problems.  I've been throwing everything at it and it just grinds along.  Wow!...real IK and dynamics.  The Superfly renders are gorgeous and there's an endless aray of help for making one's own shaders...for free.  I'm going to give it another few weeks and if it continues like this, I'll buy the darned thing! 

Comments

• FossilFossil Posts: 166

Update:  It's been three weeks without one single crash.  I've even gone out and bought the Cycles Shader book from the Blender foundation and leapt into (trying) making good shaders for satin, organza, and other diaphanous materials. 

• CapscesCapsces Posts: 465

Sorry to hear it took so long, I have used Poser for many years and it has always been fairly stable for me, but I don't use all its features regularly. Unfortunately, I haven't purchased a version since 7. If the Pro version was deeply discounted, I'd be very tempted to update.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,437
    Capsces said:

Sorry to hear it took so long, I have used Poser for many years and it has always been fairly stable for me, but I don't use all its features regularly. Unfortunately, I haven't purchased a version since 7. If the Pro version was deeply discounted, I'd be very tempted to update.

It was not long ago.. $99/. it will probably go down again. They were just selling P11 for $49. Must be V12 close.