November New Users Contest

LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287

New User's Contest - November 2012
Sponsored by DAZ 3D and Mada

Are you new to the 3D World? Are you at the beginning stages of learning 3D rendering? Have you been around for a little bit but feel you could benefit from some feedback or instruction? Have you been around awhile and would like to help other members start their creative journey? Well then come and join the fun as we host our newest contest...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Autumn Celebration / Thankfulness

Intent: To enjoy the Autumn season and show what you are thankful for.

It is Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere, a time of harvest and giving thanks. This months contest is about celebrating the Autumnal harvest season and or just showing what you are thankful for.

Since an area of my expertise is in post work and image composition, I will be posting some post work tips through out the month. Post work is encouraged but not required. Most of all have fun and enjoy.

For a list of the current contest rules, please see this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3440/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When working on your submissions, if you would like to get feedback as you work or before posting your final image, please post your image to the WIP THREAD. People will be popping in to the WIP THREAD to give you some critique and advice on your entry and help along the way. Please keep all comments on entries etc to the WIP THREAD as well because comments or requests for help/feedback/advice will be removed from the contest thread and merged into the WIP THREAD. This thread is only for posting final contest submissions.

For those veterans of the forums that would like to help, because this contest is designed for the beginner to learn from, we will be randomly selecting posts offering helpful tips and/or critiques to receive a special voucher as well so whether you are a seasoned artist or an aspiring one, there is fun for everyone!

"We would like to thank Mada who has graciously decided to sponsor this months contest" She will be awarding a special prize to the winners of this months "Autumn"contest. To view some of Mada's items please see her store front here Mada's Store

Closing Date: November 30th 2012

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• edited December 1969

Great Grandma's First Rally.

Used Carrara 8pro and postworked image in Photoshop CS5.

AutumnScene2.jpg
    800 x 520 - 257K
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited November 2012

The village autumn festival

Done with DAZ 3 and postwork in CS5

pozadina_nova.png
    800 x 450 - 498K
    Post edited by Ilena on
  • kittenwyldekittenwylde Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

Hard At Work

Used DAZ 4.5, with Bryce and Photoshop.

novcontestrev4.jpg
    800 x 450 - 215K
  • GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

An Autumn Memory of a Past Thanksgiving

Daz Studio with postwork in Manga Studio

Thanksgiving_Memory.jpg
    530 x 609 - 187K
  • gbilliaugbilliau Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Lynx and Lucky

Modeled in Blender 2.64, rendered using Blender Internal. Postwork in GIMP.

lynx_v1.2_.jpg
    566 x 800 - 91K
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

NEW OPPORTUNITIES AND SECOND CHANCES
    Daz 4.5

New_Opportunities.png
    800 x 800 - 600K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

The Troll Hunter
    DS4.5 and GIMP

chohole2g-pw.jpg
    618 x 800 - 323K
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Good luck everyone, great renders.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

And the Winners are:

1st - bluemoon - Great Grandma's First Rally
    2nd - Scott-Livingston - The Troll Hunter
    HM - Ilena52 - The Village Autumn Festival

Congratulations to everyone who took part and the winners.

Will the winner please contact me by PM and let me know what pack of Mada's you would like. In the PM I need your DAZ account email with a link to the product you would like.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners and not forget the other people in the contest. :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

i agree congrats to the winners, and a big well done to everyone who took part.

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

The suspense is finally over. Congratulations bluemoon, Scott-Livingston, and Ilena52

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I would like to add that all the images got better with every new posting and it was nice to see the results...all of you should be happy with yourselves and I seriously mean that.

• edited December 1969

WOW! :-)

Congratz to every-one and thanks for the support. Also thanks to Mada for sponsoring.

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Thank you. Congratulations go out to everyone who took part in the contest. Looking forward to this months contests entries. :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Congrats to bluemoon and Ilena52, and everyone else who entered this month! Thanks to Mada for sponsoring and LycanthropeX for hosting. :)

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all of the winners!