-Planet Alpine- (Commercial)

Comments

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited December 1969

hi,I've let DAZ know about this and an update with the missing geometry will be forthcoming,
    sorry for all the hassle

Stefan

• edited December 1969

Ah, sweet! I was really hoping it didn't turn out to be an add-on after all! Thanks, Stefan!

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

awesome product as usual...a little glitch though...it does not getting installed under the usual stonemason folder but in a seperate one outside it...it doesn't matter to me...i just used to have all your products ib one place...;)

thank you Stefan!

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

I have to say this was really missing from renders, two planetary environments. More please !!!

snow2.jpg
    987 x 792 - 479K
  • nelchwetzalnelchwetzal Posts: 20
    edited November 2012

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/planet-alpine

What's Included & Features
    Planet Alpine
    DAZ Studio Optimized Scene (.DAZ and .DUF)
    Multi-part
    4 'Snow heap' Props
    1 bonus Camera includes volume fog for atmospheric affects
    Uberenvironment light set included

Planet Alpine Optimized Poser Prop/Environment (.PP2 and .OBJ)
    Multi-part
    4 'Snow heap' props
    Light Set included
    Textures Include:
    49 Texture, Bump, Displacement, Emissive and Transparency Maps (from 256 x 256 to 8000 x 2467)

What light set?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15283/file_list

Post edited by nelchwetzal on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Stefan, your work amazes me, I just have one question.

Where can I get some fairy dust?

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

We will post to this thread when the update is live so you can reDL the missing files. VERY sorry about this.

hi,I've let DAZ know about this and an update with the missing geometry will be forthcoming,
    sorry for all the hassle

Stefan

edited December 1969

OK, I have been told the updated installers are there now.
    Happy Downloading!

We would love to see your renders!

• edited November 2012

Can a mod delete this post? I did a test render in Octane, which is why I didn't see all the material shaders rendering the snow on the horizontal surfaces. I posted these screen shots to show what was missing, but the viewport view won't show the snow on the surfaces until rendered, so please delete this entire post. It is working perfectly now. Thanks.

Edited to remove the images, but removing the post will mean the ebots give misleading links.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • nelchwetzalnelchwetzal Posts: 20
    edited November 2012

Can a mod delete this post? I did a test render in Octane, which is why I didn't see all the material shaders rendering the snow on the horizontal surfaces. I posted these screen shots to show what was missing, but the viewport view won't show the snow on the surfaces until rendered, so please delete this entire post. It is working perfectly now. Thanks.

Edited to remove the images, but removing the post will mean the ebots give misleading links.

You find the "light set"?

Post edited by nelchwetzal on
  • edited December 1969

nemra said:
    you find the "light set"?

Actually, no. But seeing as I won't use it anyway, I don't really care. But it is definitely missing.
    edited November 2012

The light Set is built into the scene there is not a separate filet to load.
    after loading the scene, the light set will be in the scene tab
    Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

nemra said:

Actually, no. But seeing as I won't use it anyway, I don't really care. But it is definitely missing.
    Post edited by DAZ_Kevin on
  • edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    We would love to see your renders!

Sure thing. Here you go...
    Render-1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 382K
  • markpfx20markpfx20 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    The light Set is built into the scene there is not a separate filet to load.
    after loading the scene, the light set will be in the scene tab
    Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

nemra said:

I re-downloaded the new larger version (15283_PlanetAlpinePS_1.2_dpc), unfortunately in the Poser installer, there is still no light set.. Planet Alpine prop loads with the 4 default poser spotlights. I can load the Planet Lava lights, but it gives everything a red hue.

Help ??

• hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Those gals must be freezing *brrrr*

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,878
    edited December 1969

Was this ever updated to include the Poser light set? I have it at 1.2 with no light set. If someone else confirms this I will raise a ticket.

Thanks.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited November 2012

Haruchai said:
    Was this ever updated to include the Poser light set? I have it at 1.2 with no light set. If someone else confirms this I will raise a ticket.

Thanks.

No, it has not been updated. As of 1.2, the Poser installers still do not include the light set that the product description states is included.

Update: fyi I have just raised a support ticket.

Post edited by acanthis on
  • Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

Great work...love this product. The whole encompassing environment is brilliant. Thank you :)

The-Cooling.jpg
    600 x 180 - 88K
    A-Planet-on-Fire.jpg
    600 x 180 - 106K
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    Haruchai said:

Thanks.

No, it has not been updated. As of 1.2, the Poser installers still do not include the light set that the product description states is included.

Thanks for doing that, let us know the outcome.

Cheers.

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    acanthis said:
    Haruchai said:

Thanks.

Cheers.

Here is the answer from DAZ Support:

"Jared Nielson, Nov 30 16:26 (MST):
    Hi Adrian,
    The product page at its current state indicates that this is not the case. You can check it out for yourself: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/planet-alpine
    I'm guessing what happened was that whoever set up the product page made a mistake listing the Poser light as a feature. At the time you purchased it the product page was probably different.
    I apologize for any inconvenience. If the light set is a deal breaker you can always return the product within 30 days for a refund. Just let me know if that is what you'd like to do."

... In other words there is no light set for Poser and therefore the product is DAZ Studio only. This is the first time that I have not been satisfied with a Stonemason product, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that DAZ were responsible for the misleading description. Not a very satisfactory experience overall, though.

edited December 2012

acanthis said:
    Haruchai said:
    acanthis said:
    Haruchai said:

Thanks.

Cheers.

Here is the answer from DAZ Support:

"Jared Nielson, Nov 30 16:26 (MST):
    Hi Adrian,
    The product page at its current state indicates that this is not the case. You can check it out for yourself: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/planet-alpine
    I'm guessing what happened was that whoever set up the product page made a mistake listing the Poser light as a feature. At the time you purchased it the product page was probably different.
    I apologize for any inconvenience. If the light set is a deal breaker you can always return the product within 30 days for a refund. Just let me know if that is what you'd like to do."

... In other words there is no light set for Poser and therefore the product is DAZ Studio only. This is the first time that I have not been satisfied with a Stonemason product, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that DAZ were responsible for the misleading description. Not a very satisfactory experience overall, though.

Thanks for the update. Not a deal breaker for me, just thought if it should be there then I would have liked to have access to it. If it wasn't there to begin with I wouldn't have questioned it, it's just the fact it was listed as being there and now it's not. That description has definitely been changed in the last few days.

Doesn't stop me using the excellent scene though :)

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited December 1969

I have decided that a refund is justified.

This statement on the product page: "This scene comes pre-built and ready to go! Check out our Ready to Render Scene!" is actually not true. It should be qualified that it only applies to DAZ Studio. That's blatantly misleading.

Very disappointing, but a lesson learned and I shall be very wary in future.

edited December 1969

hi guys..I was recently informed about the missing D|S lights and cameras..will work on them today and the product should be updated later this week.

edited December 1969

hi guys..I was recently informed about the missing D|S lights and cameras..will work on them today and the product should be updated later this week.

That's great news, but I think (hope) you may have made a typo there ... it's the lack of Poser lights/cameras that is the issue.

edited December 1969

oops,was thinking Poser ....while writing D|S.. :\
    no worries :)

edited December 1969

oops,was thinking Poser ....while writing D|S.. :\
    no worries :)

No worries indeed :) Thanks for doing this.

edited December 1969

http://stefan-morrell.com/Alpine_Cam_Lights.zip

Cameras & lights for Poser

thanks
    Stefan

edited December 1969

Christmas presents from Stefan !!!!! :)

Thanks for doing this, it is really appreciated.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,531
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the lights Stonemason

edited December 1969

Thanks for doing those, Stefan. Much appreciated!