Welcome to the November 2012 Freebie Challenge!

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    You all are just to funny! :lol:

So here is my entry for the mini-contest. I dedicate it to all us girls or anybody that has a hankerin' for Chocolate.

Chocolate Heaven

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=33725_lMh9pcXbivbJi3RaRI4F&thumb=1&board_id=1

Ooo! Now that's a classy banquet! Mmmmmmm, chocolate...

Dana

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    (best not ask what's in thme ontrays.

A ZZ Top song comes to mind.

Dana

edited December 1969

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it! :-)

Dana

• skipper25skipper25 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yeah - a good Thanksgiving to all our colonial cousins plus a belated happy birthday for that music guy. As the quizmaster always asks in the best programs, what would you do with all that money?

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    Yeah - a good Thanksgiving to all our colonial cousins plus a belated happy birthday for that music guy. As the quizmaster always asks in the best programs, what would you do with all that money?

Why spend it of course! Happy Thanksgiving to the Yanks and blessings to our brethern in the rest of the world. May peace be yours to experience.
    Lonnie

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited November 2012

Bonus Game Announcement

This was not an easy game to judge! I promised a gift certificate for "the best-looking banquet," but I was tempted to award everybody a prize... but then I looked in my wallet. So...

As much fun as it would be to chow down with the Stones, the banquet itself was a bit too eclectic for my tastes.

While the TV dinners hearken back to the month's overall theme - somebody's making a sacrifice so his or her family can have something nice for Thanksgiving - they aren't really "good-looking."

And as beautiful as the display is - in my opinion, the best render technically - the all-chocolate table lacks a few courses to count as a banquet.

So, the first render submitted takes the prize. (Besides, it had beer and pizza!) Lord Ganthor, congratulations and please PM me with the email address you use at Daz3D.

Post edited by robkelk on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Excellent! That sure is a good caricature of Mick! :lol:

Dana

I think the head is a PhilC freebie called the Bobblehead3.

http://www.philc.net/freestuff_archive.htm

about half way down the page.

:-)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Bonus Game Announcement

This was not an easy game to judge! I promised a gift certificate for "the best-looking banquet," but I was tempted to award everybody a prize... but then I looked in my wallet. So...

As much fun as it would be to chow down with the Stones, the banquet itself was a bit too eclectic for my tastes.

While the TV dinners hearken back to the month's overall theme - somebody's making a sacrifice so his or her family can have something nice for Thanksgiving - they aren't really "good-looking."

And as beautiful as the display is - in my opinion, the best render technically - the all-chocolate table lacks a few courses to count as a banquet.

So, the first render submitted takes the prize. (Besides, it had beer and pizza!) Lord Ganthor, congratulations and please PM me with the email address you use at Daz3D.

Congradulations LG. Da Man does know how to make a feast. Thank Rob for hosting the mini contest. You are very generous.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Congrats LG. That definitely was a tough act to follow.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    DanaTA said:

Excellent! That sure is a good caricature of Mick! :lol:

Dana

I think the head is a PhilC freebie called the Bobblehead3.

http://www.philc.net/freestuff_archive.htm

about half way down the page.

Thanks! I actually had it, but not the promo image, so didn't know what it was. :roll:

Dana

edited December 1969

Congratulations, Lord Ganthor!

Dana

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Ganthor?? Whut kinda name is dat??

Ah, it's OK. He's Da Real Lord.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

by the way where did Ganthor come from now that it's out there. band BTW congrats on the mini wini

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Thanks everybody. It was a lot of fun, if not a bit ironic. Thanksgiving was never much of a big holiday around my house growing up and my family has just sort of followed the tradition of just sort of shrugging it off. I even don't like turkey...unless it's free range (wild)...and cooked outside over an open fire...over good, aged hickory wood...great...now I gotta go dig a fire pit in the backyard...

edited December 1969

Thanks everybody. It was a lot of fun, if not a bit ironic. Thanksgiving was never much of a big holiday around my house growing up and my family has just sort of followed the tradition of just sort of shrugging it off. I even don't like turkey...unless it's free range (wild)...and cooked outside over an open fire...over good, aged hickory wood...great...now I gotta go dig a fire pit in the backyard...

Le me help...**grabs a pie and throws it at LG....SPLAT!**....OK...NOW....where ya want dat pit dug?

edited December 1969

funny you say that, yesterday at the family dinner thing we were talking about our best turkey memories, mine was one year my mother-in-laws oven broke down 2 days before Thanksgiving, she couldn't get it fixed in time and since she lived in warm weather she fired up the ol' BBQ and BBQed the bird, it was the best ever, plus we had a friend we would get fresh from the farm turkeys too so it was off the hook good.

edited November 2012

Hey Jeeperz...this is for you. I will be donation my Santa's Workshop again this year for the December Winter Wonderland challenge. But I will ALSO be donating my department store Santa display where the kids come see him. It has the platform with a rail around it, his chair, rug and table, the sign and a rough looking dept store tree with a bottom cover. All the parts are seperate and can be moved around or used in other scenes. Here are a few quick renders. (The bad Santa does NOT come with the set!)

SantaDisplayDaz4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 274K
    SantaDisplayDaz3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 155K
    SantaDisplayDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 154K
    SantaDisplayDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 100K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

that looks really cool music, I love it. Thanks. Yes December is right around the corner and I have some fun planned for next month, just a quick teaser, I have 15 people donating next month several published artists as well as some of our wonderful fellow freebie challenge/contest people are going to be giving prizes away for next month. I will also be doing the 1-hour snowman mini render contest that will be starting on the 1st as well.

edited November 2012

Dollygirl said:
    Congradulations LG. Da Man does know how to make a feast. Thank Rob for hosting the mini contest. You are very generous.

I can afford it - we voted to accept the new contract, so I don't need to worry about money for a few months at least.

(That's the first time I've bought one of the new-fangled GCs. LG, please let me know if you didn't get it.)

And I have a different mini-game picked out for the next time I host... :)

edited November 2012

Oh, yes...

We have only four entries so far this month. I know November's a slow month, but the theme can't be that difficult... can it? Interpret it as widely as you want...

We also have only two judges: Dollygirl and Music...

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Oh, yes...

We have only four entries so far this month. I know November's a slow month, but the theme can't be that difficult... can it? Interpret it as widely as you want...

We also have only two judges: Dollygirl and Music...

I would like to see some new blood in judges but will be a back-up if no one else volunteers Rob. This month seems to have been one of the slowest on record, maybe we'll get some last minute ones in.

edited December 1969

Thanks, jeeperz. I'll keep you in mind if nobody else steps up to the plate.

• edited December 1969

Hmm, well, I've been really busy of late with NaNoWriMo and, though I'd like to get an entry in, I don't know if I will. I mean, I was gonna enter the feast, but never got around to it.
    So I guess I'd happy to judge. If you need someone. :) Even if I enter, I get a feeling picking the winners will be a no-brainer.

edited December 1969

looks like you've got your judges Rob

edited December 1969

Yes, it does... Thank you, assassin_21.

And we're going to need at least one more entry in order to give away everything that's been promised...

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Been working slowly but annoying crash headaches on other renders has slowed down my work on this. The other thing I wonder is if people aren't thinking that broad on the theme. I know I personally have been leaning more serious minded with the theme which is causing it's own slowdown on brainstorming.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have something in the works. It's been giving me a headache trying to fit a couple of things together; but & think I've got the worst of it solved.

edited December 1969

Cool set, Music!

Dana

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Well, my computer seems to be behaving for now so I just might get an entry in tonight if I can find all of my links.

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    robkelk said:

Been working slowly but annoying crash headaches on other renders has slowed down my work on this. The other thing I wonder is if people aren't thinking that broad on the theme. I know I personally have been leaning more serious minded with the theme which is causing it's own slowdown on brainstorming.

That's quite possible, and it's why I posted the NAE that I did. (The one where the sailor's looking at the graduation photo from home - he's making a sacrifice that nobody outside the family will ever know.) Dollygirl's "The Suffragist" and LG's entry are atypical looks at the theme, as well.

And don't forget that, even if you want to do a military render, you don't need to show a member of an identifiable military unit...