Exploding Ideas Renders

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I've been creating renders for a while but have started to get more into it of late. I can see my projects improving but that has only been through self reflection and experiment. I thought I'd open up this thread to show off some of my work and maybe get some feed back. I intend to only post Daz Studio based creations, even if I've then put them through Lux or Photoshop. Feel free to check out my non render creations at www.explodingideas.com

The image below is one of my first photoshop manips. I was using default textures so the smoke may show repetition. I've since got some more brushes and textures.

Comments

• edited December 1969

OK, I thought I'd get the ones that I've done up here. Both are Daz renders that have been touched up in photoshop Both are over 2000 pixels and I can't be bothered downsizing them to upload: so here are links to the full size instead.

http://www.explodingideas.com/wp-content/uploads/dont-wake-the-dragon.jpg

magic_cast_big_copy_smaller.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 208K
  • edited December 1969

Here's a more recent one that I ran through Photoshop. I kind of went mad with the brushes but it was my first play with brushes and a steep learning curve. The render was done in Reality Small Lux GPU. Each render only took me 20 mins to produce a 2000 pass image.
    This is made with four main layers. I chopped shaped holes through the layers to create the tattered clothes and show the robot. I then transferred in blood and sparks layers to add effect. Finally I added shaded gradients over the background to correct the light and to draw attention to the figure. As a last touch I added a hue to the figure which helps to blend the layers together. Let me know what you think.

Killswitch_copy4.jpg
    1920 x 1018 - 1M
  • cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

The image below is one of my first photoshop manips. I was using default textures so the smoke may show repetition. I've since got some more brushes and textures.

Like the concept, but your model looks kinda like an inflatable girlfriend - Is that one of the DAZ models (Michael, etc.)?

• edited December 1969

Like the concept, but your model looks kinda like an inflatable girlfriend - Is that one of the DAZ models (Michael, etc.)?

I think it was V5 done in non progressive 3delight. I got carried away with the scene and only remembered that I needed to save it after it had crashed. So I lost the source file and all the work. I kind of get what you mean about the inflatable. Is it is the skin colour or the fact that she'd float away if the skeletons weren't holding her down? I may try to remake it at some point in the future but I'm having too much fun on my current projects.

• edited December 1969

Here are the layers for killswitch exploded out so you can see how it is made.

killswitch_exploded_copy.jpg
    1900 x 1425 - 1M
  • edited December 1969

Here is kind of a blooper real from my current project. Hopefully a butt on the back of the head doesn't count as indecent exposure :D
    Don't worry: I've ironed these out of the final image. Be warned:small lux GPU can show handles in renders but this is easily removed by changing them to lights. The other problem was removed by putting Victoria on a strict diet and fitness routine.

assassin_2.png
    1920 x 1058 - 3M
    Stop_staring_at_my_butt!.png
    1920 x 1058 - 1004K
  • edited December 1969

I'm off on a job tomorrow and will have to leave my desktops behind for a month :(
    Hopefully I'll have good access to internet. While I wont be able to render I can still play around on Photoshop with what I've got on my Laptop.
    Here's a shot of my Assassin with all the bugs removed. I even managed to correct the skirt.

assassin_6.png
    1076 x 1350 - 612K
  • edited December 1969

Everyone seems to be uploading their first attempts at animation at the moment. Well to stay in keeping I'm sharing my first attempt... ever!
    Sorry: for some reason everyone is putting the emphasis by adding ever to the end :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ4duJ82s3A

If anyone is worried about the render time it was done on my old computer and it was done on high settings. I've got a new computer since then with a setup that annihilates it.

• edited December 1969

Here's a render I did a few weeks back on the GPU. And here's the finished version I did today. Let me know what you think. Is it eye catching or is it too sharp for its own good?

dragon_done.jpg
    1920 x 1018 - 2M
    Dragon_3.png
    1920 x 1018 - 2M
  • edited December 1969

Another picture processed.
    OK I realize that it is a total rip off of assassin's creed but that's kind of the idea.

Proving a Point:

assassin_done.jpg
    1920 x 1058 - 689K