How to return camera to default carrara's position in one click?

auxdeuxauxdeux Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello.

How to return camera to default carrara's position in one click?
Can't find this in help and others.

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I don't think it's possible.

When you have your camera the way you like it, you can lock it in place (Motion tab, Constraint: Lock), or save its position (Camera menu in viewport -> Set Position to -> Save Position).

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

Try selecting your camera in the active view pane

select "set position to / reference'

see if that does what you want.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Oh wow, somehow I've missed that all this time. :D

• auxdeuxauxdeux Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not found any match "view pane" in help. Can't you say where can i see it. Thanks.

• Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

He means the main view window, not a "view pane" command.

Your easiest solution is to click on your camera name in the top left corner of the main viewing window. From there, choose "Set Position To" and you can choose to set the current camera to one of the other cameras (I often use the Top view if I get my camera out of whack).

You can also just select an item and hit the zero on your keypad and it will zoom to that item, which should at least get your camera back to somewhere you can use it.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI auxdeux :)

Pics to help.

The View Menu....

The Camera options Menu

Camera_menu.jpg
    418 x 519 - 49K
    view_menu.jpg
    595 x 323 - 46K
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Kodiak3D said:
    Your easiest solution is to click on your camera name in the top left corner of the main viewing window. From there, choose "Set Position To" ...

I gotta admit; this is one of my peeves with Carrara. Many parts of it - the view port / camera name in the upper-left being a prime example - that is completely unintuitive. Until someone actually shows you that it can be clicked on and changed...who would think to try clicking on it?

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

How about me?

This was one of the first things I noticed in Carrara, and one of the things I really appreciated over Poser.

That's the way it goes sometimes, one persons obscure is another persons blindingly obvious.

(By the way, there's no such thing as intuition, only common learned responses and pattern recognition. Once you learn that, then all software interfaces fall into place logically. And it is in the manual).

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Okay RoguePilot...I doff my cap to you! Hmmm...we need an emoticon for that...

Still and all; you gotta admit there are quirks to the interface that wouldn't take much to fix. Basic, junior-level coding stuff.