Thank You to the Artists who Sell at DAZ3D

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Having bought a number of architectural and clothing models here recently, I am struck by the extraordinarily enormous amount of time and talent and know-how that you artists put into your products - the detail and care and imagination. It's a real privilige to be able to purchase and use your models and textures. I appreciate the relative ease of purchase, download, installation, and use, and especially the fact that you make it affordable for me. Being an artist myself, I know it's mostly a labour of love on your part. I just want to say thank you.

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited December 1969

I second that emotion.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

What a great post Fauvist. I agree.

With having some second hand insight in what it is like to be a PA I must admit you really have to like doing it with the long hours making products...definitely a labour of love. That love often shows though the product. I am very picky with what I purchase...I have to be but even if I had money I would still be picky, looking for quality over quantity anytime and there is some quality in the Daz3D store even some of the lower priced products aren't too bad. Yeah real picky. :)

But saying that they are some excellent products out there on other sites.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    But saying that they are some excellent products out there on other sites.

True. There are a LOT of excellent products in almost all the 3D marketplaces.
    Talented products from talented artists.
    A Thank you to all of them
  • cipher_Xcipher_X Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Wholeheartedly agree. All the PAs hard work is greatly appreciated...Thank You! :-)

• StarlawStarlaw Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

It feels as if the money I pay for these products alone is not enough to show my appreciation for the artist here.

Therefore I would also like to join in to personally post my thank you to all the artist that make rendering convenient. Even the artist that do not make products of my interest I am appreciative for. It may not be now but perhaps sometime later when any of us could use them.

As much as I would like to name drop my favorites, I'm thank for for each of you all.

Thank you!

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

This just made my day. Thank you :lol:

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

I really have to add my agreement to this thread. The sheer amount of work that must go into some of these items is nothing short of staggering, especially when you consider the price they get offered at, and their relatively short timespan at the top of the search results.

The work you guys did got me published. I won't forget it.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Me Three! Evrerything I've ever bought at DAZ WORKS! Can't say that bout some other places...

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

I totally agree! I know how lengthy the process is... How many unforeseen problems occur with frustration. And then spending great time making great morphs and textures to go along with it. Thank you PA's! :cheese:

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited December 1969

DzFire said:

As a matter of fact, 10 of the models I purchased were created by you.

edited November 2012

Fauvist said:
    DzFire said:

As a matter of fact, 10 of the models I purchased were created by you.

He made my alltime favourite set!
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2337768&user_id=647585&np;&np;
    Thanks Stone... I mean DZ!

Post edited by wancow on
  • FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

I, too, have to say that this post made my day. Yesterday was my birthday and it wasn't all that great. But finding this thread today, has made me feel much better. Thank YOU!!! All of you.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I would also like to add my thanks to all who create products for us to play with!

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,114
    edited December 1969

As the other PA's have already said, these sort of posts are much appreciated.. cheers! :)

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    Having bought a number of architectural and clothing models here recently, I am struck by the extraordinarily enormous amount of time and talent and know-how that you artists put into your products - the detail and care and imagination. It's a real privilige to be able to purchase and use your models and textures. I appreciate the relative ease of purchase, download, installation, and use, and especially the fact that you make it affordable for me. Being an artist myself, I know it's mostly a labour of love on your part. I just want to say thank you.

Totally agree. When playing around in Daz, i am constantly amazed by the craftsmanship of the artists.
    Thank you, PA's !!
  • Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

This made me smile. <3</p>

Thanks!

~Bluebird
    Published Artist

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

One of the wonderful things about the Daz store artists is that there's something for just about every need. Everything from characters, to sets, to props. Even if the star of your show is a six foot talking rabbit in leather pants saving the world from a ticking nuclear detonation, you can bet there's a store for that.

As a 3D Studio modeller, I know how much effort really goes into these things and rarely is it as simple as it appears. So, I'd like to join in thanks to the artists who share their creations with us. This goes double for all you wonderful Genesis designers out there! Never before have I had so much versatility and, to borrow a phrase, I'm loving it.

I had considered adding a shortlist of some of the artists whose work I use regularly, but felt it would deter from the original point of the thread. That said, thanks for sharing your marvellous creations.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,743
    edited December 1969

I will add my thank you's to all the artists creating products.
    I know very well how much work and how many frustrations there are to making these products, So I fully appreciate all the different products I am able to buy to use in my art.
    Thank You

And I will also add my thank you as a product maker for this thread.
    We really do love what we do, and try hard to make everything as interesting and creative as we possibly can...and even though my products can be all over the place in what I make, I am always glad there is a market for them.

Thank You

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

This is a great thread! To the OP, I am a modeler myself that creates quite a bit of what i use in addition to what I buy and know first hand much of what it is involved in creation of the items in the MP, so sometimes I often wonder if the general public actually understands and appreciates what goes into their plug and play items that they purchase from DAZ or any other marketplace and what a great deal they are getting considering the time and effort involved in producing these rendering assets. So kudos for the post, as evidenced by the vendor responses, you did a good thing!

Sometimes i purchase a big scale scene and think to myself, man i am glad i didn't have to UVmap that thing, LOL.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Yes thank you artists for making so many lovely things!

• eclark1849eclark1849 Posts: 211
    edited December 1969

As the other PA's have already said, these sort of posts are much appreciated.. cheers! :)

Not trying to hi-jack the thread or anything, but I've always wanted to ask... Has anybody ever told you that you look like Danny Bonaduce?

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,114
    edited December 1969

Not trying to hi-jack the thread or anything, but I've always wanted to ask... Has anybody ever told you that you look like Danny Bonaduce?

Can't say I have, no.. :D

edited December 1969

Wow... nonsequiter... but then again, that smile does kinda resemble Danny!

But I have to add something to this thread. I want to thank every single artist who has created content for GENESIS! Not just the PAs but the DAZ guys as well. But especially the PAs, because I have found, and I won't mention names, that there are people who are so violently opposed to Genesis... well, it's kinda ugly when you run into it. In any event, I love Genesis, I love what I can do with this figure. And those of you out there who support this figure by creating content for it... I'm very, very appreciative!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

And there's me thinking a troll baby with Hiccups...humm Danny Bonaduce you say....off the google him. Now there is a blast from my past.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I agree - all PA´s deserve lots of thanks for the wonderful items they create. Lowlife like myself can only sit, stare with mouth agape and admire their genius... ;-)

• blondie9999blondie9999 Posts: 771
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Fauvist, for taking the time to say what you said. Your words are appreciated!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the kind words .

Thank you also to the other PAs who make all the stuff that I dont.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

wancow said:
    . . . I want to thank every single artist who has created content for GENESIS! Not just the PAs but the DAZ guys as well. But especially the PAs, because I have found, and I won't mention names, that there are people who are so violently opposed to Genesis... well, it's kinda ugly when you run into it. In any event, I love Genesis, I love what I can do with this figure. And those of you out there who support this figure by creating content for it... I'm very, very appreciative!

Ditto'ng this, and thanks to the PAs who've made anything I've ever rendered -- my art relies on yours, and the care and quality workmanship show through.
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It's always encouraging to hear people say they like our products. Most of us fought hard to get into DAZ, and we're proud of being here, and of what we produce for you.

Creating content is a bit of a lonely occupation. Hardly anyone, family or friends, actually understand what you do, unless they sit down and watch for a month or so. So it's nice to be appreciated by the one group of people who do have some idea of what's involved.

And not singling out any one PA for praise is good. That way, we can all pretend it's meant for us personally. LOL.

mac

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the nice words everyone. It's great to see we are appreciated for the hard work we put into our stuff. We hear this so very little. This type of thread make me feel like I'm not wasting my time.