Dental Plan for Genesis - Now Available (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited January 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Originally this started out as just a few teeth morphs for the Aging project, but this one got quickly out of control and became so big that I decided to make it a stand alone project. Now you have full control of what you want your teeth to look like all in one package.. You can control grouped morphs and individual teeth to create endless possibilities. I have partnered up with the very talented Draagonstorm who will be handling the textures/materials and shaders. Basically you can choose to have your teeth and gums in perfect condition, or if you want, you can have them as rotten or yellow as you like. Here are some screenshots of the morphs. The materials are still in developement, but for now this will give you an idea of what this product is about. Enjoy.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited November 2012

Some variations of combined morphs.

Untitled-2.jpg
    827 x 954 - 354K
    Untitled-3.jpg
    827 x 1048 - 423K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I am saying nothing...

...apart from...

...EXCELLENT IDEA

edited November 2012

Glad you like:) I might add more morphs if I can think of any good ones that will add value to the set.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

It would be nice the have a few loose teeth to knock out to go flying LOL Rather time consuming I would imagine as you would have to build a new mesh yourself with fangs morphs etc. Just thought I would throw that one out and see if I catch something. :)

edited December 1969

It will have to be built separately from scratch. I can do that, but it wont be part of this package. It's easy to do so If I have time I wlll make it a freebie. Just remind me:)

edited November 2012

Sounds like another plan. Cheers

Note to self....remind Zevo...tomorrow...I mean next year. :)

Post edited by Szark on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

I'm glad to see you're separating these out. One thing I was thinking when you were showing some of the images in the other thread was that it would be really useful for people at the other end of the age spectrum. Kids who are teething, or just getting in their adult teeth. Having it separate is a really good idea.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I am saying nothing...

...apart from...

...EXCELLENT IDEA

Seconded! I've always felt that teeth needed more work in terms of morphs and textures.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Awesome! Will there be... Broken teeth? For those who may have been in combat and sort of... Lost a couple in an imperfect way?

• BiddlesBiddles Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

can you make spiny or saw like teeth too?

Great work!

edited December 1969

Awesome! Will there be... Broken teeth? For those who may have been in combat and sort of... Lost a couple in an imperfect way?

Yes. But they will probably be controlled via transmapped or displacement maps, since the poly count on the teeth is extremely low for finer details.

edited November 2012

Biddles said:
    can you make spiny or saw like teeth too?

Great work!

Can you post a pic as an example so I know exactly what type of effect you are looking for.

Do you mean something like this?

4401395246_fbf396a312.jpg
    475 x 500 - 86K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited November 2012

Great stuff Zev0, i had thought about doing some braces, but I had no idea what to package them with.
    Was wishing the other day, that I could make Genesis characters front incisors angle inward slighly and caynines stick out forward a bit, this makes for a very cute look on females.hopefully your product will be able to do this?

Another part of Genesis that really needs some morph love is the eyebrows, right now there is almost no way to alter their shape length or thickness - which is pretty shocking really. All you can do is adjust depth :(

Post edited by Dogz on
    edited November 2012

There are those morphs. I have been developing a few since I last posted. But they are grouped morphs which means it applies them to all the teeth or just upper teeth or lower set. If I had to make them for each tooth that would be around 4 morphs (basic movement) per tooth x 32 which totals around 128 morphs. A bit much if you still add that to the grouped morphs. I will however make more presets which don't rely on dialing the morphs, which can also be modified by adjusting the current morphs. Send me a pic example and I will do the morph for you:) There are still a few morphs I am busy with. But at the same time I do not want to clutter the product. I am happy with where it stands at the moment.

Funny you should mention eyebrows. I have a fibremesh set based off my manfuzz fibre that has enough morphs to create any design you want. Each fibre is extremely thin. Only thing standing in my way is getting it to follow preset expressions. They follow dialed expressions just fine, but any preset expression it stays static. I'll figure it out soon, for now I need to get my current projects complete. I also have a Long wizzard beard in developement using the same fibre. They will be released as a set. But that is for another day:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Now, we need a set of dentures and some loose teeth.

edited December 1969

Lol that will have to be an expansion pack or something. This product is strictly morphs and materials.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

OMG This has really flourished man! Love it and Want it!

May I request some fang morphs for the canine teeth. I've designed a particular race, humans in another stage of evolution... Anyway, they are distinguished with feline like features, dentally, they have pronounced canines... perhaps something similar to the dentition of the Na'vi in Avatar... But of course it's something you could go to town on LMAO.

Includes bottom canines which Avatar didn't do.

untitled2.png
    500 x 322 - 283K
    sam-worthington-avatar-gun.jpg
    630 x 354 - 74K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Also, just out of curiosity... The textures, what UV's are going to be supported? The textures in the pics look amazing :)

edited November 2012

The canine group morphs are already there making the canines larger than the rest. So you can match that picture:) You can also control the bottom and top canines. Also you can adjust each canine individually. Will post a pic soon. With teeth you can just have them designed on one UV set. EG say you load M5 texture set or M4 texture set. The teeth can be V4 UV's since they are separate from the skin and won't make any difference:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Here you go. All created using the morphs.

1.jpg
    600 x 400 - 92K
    edited December 1969

Wow man! I want! :cheese: This will be another must have for me! :)

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Want !!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Wow man! I want! :cheese: This will be another must have for me! :)

Me too!

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Here's an early WIP for the textures

EarlyWIP.jpg
    600 x 600 - 103K
    edited December 1969

Here's an early WIP for the textures

Love them! One of my gripes is the teeth tend to be so white and unrealistic....

edited December 1969

Nice! I sense Darth Maul approaching LMAO... Dragon - Is that texture that Zev has used in his teeth pics one of your textures aswell? They look very nice too :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Looks great Z... and you got the Lady DraagonStorm working with you... dang! Great team.

I think one of the posters suggested having a saw tooth morph... I remember seeing a few really scary DC comics villians, one in particular from the Legion of Super Heroes that have those freaky teeth.... YAY.. found it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Invasion.png

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Nice! I sense Darth Maul approaching LMAO... Dragon - Is that texture that Zev has used in his teeth pics one of your textures aswell? They look very nice too :)

No, I'm not sure what textures Zev is using.

edited December 1969

None the less, I cant wait to see what else you do! Looks fantastic! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

The texture I used is M5 philip. It's the light setup that I made that brings out the detail.