edited December 1969 in The Commons

Not the Forum of the same name but the items that were once located at:
FREE.DAZ3D.COM?

Or are they somewhere else?

-MJ

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

I am afraid they are gone for the moment. I forgot to download them and I am afraid I lost the opportunity.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It was said back at the old forum that it was going to be defunct once the site switch happened. No word on whether it was going to come back, just a "grab what you can before Wednesday" suggestion.
    Sorry.

edited December 1969

It was said back at the old forum that it was going to be defunct once the site switch happened. No word on whether it was going to come back, just a "grab what you can before Wednesday" suggestion.
    Sorry.

I wish they would put that tree frog into the store so I can get it again.:shut:

• xantorxantor Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

It would be good if they moved some of the better posts from the old site to the new one.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

xantor said:
    It would be good if they moved some of the better posts from the old site to the new one.

Agreed. Unfortunately, anything from the PC Member's forum section has been archived like the rest--and you can't log in to see that section because it is archived. LOL

edited December 1969

xantor said:

I think some people are working on it. However there was a lot of topics and posts on the old forum.
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Well i hope it returns. There were a number of products i wanted to get but never did.

-MJ

• stephajstephaj Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OK I've looked in every post on this forum. What is the link for DAZ3D free stuff. You used to have one.

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are you asking about the old freebie archive?

If so, its currently in limbo with the change to the new store/forums. Last I heard, there was no official word on if it would be back or not.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

There are still some few items here:

http://download.cnet.com/Poser-DAZStudio-3D-Models-Pack/3000-6677_4-10579249.html
    n.b. that the download link is for a download helper, stay online when clicking the .exe!

'up-to-date' store link
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/free-3d-models-and-content

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons because it is a query about the freebie archive and not an offer of a freebie.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

The store's freebie section has nowhere near the amount of items the old free.daz3d.com link did. Hopefully they'll incorporate a 2nd free item link for the old freepozitory items.
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

The store's freebie section has nowhere near the amount of items the old free.daz3d.com link did. Hopefully they'll incorporate a 2nd free item link for the old freepozitory items.

Even after innumerable requests & complaints Daz never put up a link. You had to know where to find it. Maybe they will make it available again, but the odds are you'll have to know the URL.

• BryseyBrysey Posts: 72
    edited December 1969
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

pwiecek said:
    Vaskania said:

Even after innumerable requests & complaints Daz never put up a link. You had to know where to find it. Maybe they will make it available again, but the odds are you'll have to know the URL.

I was able to find it. I believe it was under the 3D Models link at the top of the old forums.

edited December 1969

daz3d.com/free was a sub domain of the old site, and as yet hasn't been archived alongside the forums.

We can only hope that it will reappear at some time.

• BryseyBrysey Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Used to be this link…
    http://free.daz3d.com/free_weekly/archive_list.php

Included the likes of a briefcase of money, a fan, some water craft, bryce textures/objects etc. as I recall. As a 'New Member' (according to DAZ - another bug?) since 2003 I've seen some interesting and useful items appear in the original free section. Would be good to have it back!

edited June 2012

"New Member" means that you are new to posting on this new forum. Once you have posted more than 25 times, ie on your 26th post, you will become a "Member". Once you have accumulated more than 250 posts you become an "Active Member". So no it is not a bug, rather a quirky feature of this new forum software.

In the MO forum there is even a long running thread all about, or designed to help, people collect the little green boxes that appear under your user name as the status changes. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/342/. It has turend into just a general chat thread..

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Brysey said:
    Used to be this link…
    http://free.daz3d.com/free_weekly/archive_list.php

Included the likes of a briefcase of money, a fan, some water craft, bryce textures/objects etc. as I recall. ...

They did mention [previous forum] that said archive would be closed.

edited December 1969

Yes and as we have said before, we are hoping that we can persuade them to bring it back, because all the PA 24 days of Christmas giveways are held on the sub domain as well.

edited December 1969

That would be nice. The PAs gave us some very nice gifts.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    "New Member" means that you are new to posting on this new forum. Once you have posted more than 25 times, ie on your 26th post, you will become a "Member". Once you have accumulated more than 250 posts you become an "Active Member". So no it is not a bug, rather a quirky feature of this new forum software.

In the MO forum there is even a long running thread all about, or designed to help, people collect the little green boxes that appear under your user name as the status changes. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/342/. It has turend into just a general chat thread..

Its going well in there, what happens when we reach 100 pages, Do I start a part 2? ;-)

edited December 1969

I will chack to see if we still have to do that. :coolsmirk:

• NBTooNBToo Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

What the hell happened to the free.daz3d.com website? That was a great resource for free older content, and it's now gone. Does any have a mirror for that site or has it been moved?

edited June 2012

Add me to the list of people who want free.daz3d.com to return. I wish there had been some notification that it was going to disappear. Plus, that whole repository couldn't be more than a few gigabytes in size. Surely it could have been migrated to the new website.

Post edited by NBToo on
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons because it is a query and not an offer of a freebie.

It was stated in the old forum that the freebie archive would disappear, and they weren't certain if it would be brought back on this new site.

We are hoping that it will be, but you were also advised to download anything you felt you may need from the site, just in case.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

It has been removed.
    Nothing has been said when / if it will return.

edited June 2012

(duplicate post from merger)

Post edited by NBToo on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    you were also advised to download anything you felt you may need from the site, just in case.

I wasn't advised of anything about this. No notice of it was placed in the newsletters/emails I received from DAZ.

Many if not most customers don't read these forums or do so very infrequently.

edited December 1969

It was announced on the forum, in both threads that were posted about th New Website. THe Original one, and the later one, when the site change approached.