Ron's Brushes Installer not opening

sJordan723sJordan723 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have purchased RONS WATER BUNDLE. All brushes install and work fine except for the Splash 1 and Splash 2 and Wings of Water Installer. They just wont open. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions to fix?

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

My guess would be to redownload the files. With the way the files download now it is very hard to know if you have a complete file or not.

Just tried my installers and they work fine but that means nothing as mine are from 2008 and the installers have probably been updated since.

Good luck.

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 455
    edited December 1969

Which program are you using to open...?

• sJordan723sJordan723 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I usually just click on the installation icon and it opens on its own. This time it's not doing anything. I don't know how else to extract the files such as the .abr.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Have you rebooted your computer since the last time you tried installing?

If you have, have you tried to redownload the product? You might have gotten a corrupted download.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited November 2012

Are you on Windows or Mac?

I just reset and downloaded all three PC files and all three installed perfectly.

Here are the files I got and their sizes, obtained from a right click and clicking Properties. If your files are different then a redownload is the way to go.

6497_RonsSplashes_1.2_gc Size:44.2 MB (46,442,033 bytes)
    6498_RonsSplashes2_1.2_gc Size:53.3 MB (55,986,322 bytes)
    6689_RonsWingsWater_1.0_gc Size:49.1 MB (51,542,091 bytes)

And rebooting is good advice too.

Hope this helps.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And if you think you may have corrupted downloads do remember to close your browser and clear your cache before trying another download.

edited December 1969

I am on a Mac. 10.6.8.

I tried rebooting and clearing cache and re-downloading. Same issue!

The installer file just wont open.

Any other way to extract the files for the .abr brush presets?

edited December 1969

Ohhh, a Mac.
    Are the product installers the older versions compared to the ones that installed correctly?

edited November 2012

Reason I ask is because, I believe the ones that will not work were earlier releases before everything got bundled into what you bought.

If this is the case then from what I have read here on the forums about Mac issues and installers that unless DAZ updates those with a .zip, you may be out of luck unless you can get your hands on a Windows PC.

Post edited by jmper on
    edited December 1969

Yes, I believe they are older installers. DAZ should update these, no? I'll have to ask for a refund or an updated installer.

edited November 2012

jordan6 said:
    Yes, I believe they are older installers. DAZ should update these, no? I'll have to ask for a refund or an updated installer.

Should, yes.

Apparently that is why most of the new stuff for the mac is in zip files. Would be nice if they got you the zip files.

Post edited by jmper on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

jordan6 said:

They should be able to supply you with an updated installer, if you send a support ticket.
  • foleyprofoleypro Posts: 455
    edited December 1969

As with all of rons brushes I had to unzip...Then its just putting into the PS plugin folder....