3D Universe sale

Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Well, everyone probably knows that the 3DU store is on sale today - but I wonder, can anyone tell me anything about a figure that I don't recognise - is that a toon Hydra? Is it "coming soon" or something I've missed somewhere? Looks cute :)

Cheers,

Cliff

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited December 1969

I was wondering about that - real cute

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

*want it*

• Dani Foster HerringDani Foster Herring Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

I have a question that maybe someone can answer. The Toon Rabbit states that "due to Poser's lack of full scaling support, the Poser version does not include scaling dials that are present in the DAZ Studio 4 version of the product." I use PoserPro 2012 and scaling issues were solved...I have no problem using the Toddler morph for Kids4. Can someone see if the Toon Rabbit does indeed work in PoserPro 2012 and do the dials not exist or are they just hidden so I can unhide them using an unhide script in Poser? Thanks! Dani

• Dani Foster HerringDani Foster Herring Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Never mind...bought it anyway. LOL

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

I think this orange thingie looks a lot like an oriental toon dragon. Anyways ... want it ... :lol:

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Puntomaus said:
    I think this orange thingie looks a lot like an oriental toon dragon. Anyways ... want it ... :lol:

Great sale...I bought the new character but can't try it as my computer is having problems. If anyone bought it could you please post some renders?

I would really love to see how it mixes with some of the heavier genesis shapes....I was thing it would make a great old style Santa.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

The orange Three-headed Dragon is a private commision.

http://www.3duniverse.co.za/-/three-headed-dragon/item/340/productview

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Puntomaus said:

Great sale...I bought the new character but can't try it as my computer is having problems. If anyone bought it could you please post some renders?

I would really love to see how it mixes with some of the heavier genesis shapes....I was thing it would make a great old style Santa.

I picked it up but wont have time to do any renders til later tonight or tomorrow.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

A couple very quick tests with Old Man Rex. One heavier one for Pendraia (using Rex's stylized texture), and one turned into possibly an old East Indian woman (using the S5 Candace skin).

Also, Rex's realistic texture looks amazing. Eyebrows, mustache, and beard are all separate mat zones, so I turned off main beard.

OldManRExRealisticSkinTestClose.png
    1800 x 1068 - 1M
    OldManRExCandaceTest_copy.png
    818 x 848 - 658K
    OldManRExHeavyTest.png
    1800 x 1068 - 961K
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

I did a little more with Santa Rex, trying to fill out his face more. :)

Santa2.png
    1010 x 600 - 495K
    edited December 1969

I did a little more with Santa Rex, trying to fill out his face more. :)

Thanks for doing the renders...it looks like it will make a great Santa!

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Puntomaus said:

I picked it up but wont have time to do any renders til later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer Heather! : )

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    The orange Three-headed Dragon is a private commision.

http://www.3duniverse.co.za/-/three-headed-dragon/item/340/productview

Aawww! :( Thanks for that though - I can stop watching the store like a hawk hoping for it to be released!

Cheers,

Cliff