The Brand new Avatars thread 14

Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

speaking of images....

you might all want to get some 3D glasses

http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

I've been working on anaglyph renders lately

I would have to wait till they come in to see your picture but then by time they came in I would have forgotten that I want to see your picture.

lol

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Cool image.

thanx

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

He looks hungry. I could throw some baked potatoes at him but I do not think that is what he wants. Sorry I do no have anything he would want.

edited December 1969

He looks hungry. I could throw some baked potatoes at him but I do not think that is what he wants. Sorry I do no have anything he would want.

Tarbosaurus was a carnivore, they eat meat

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

We just bought a couple pork and a couple beef roast. That may help.

edited December 1969

Tarbosaurus was a carnivore, they eat meat

I think I have a pig in my runtime or order history. Maybe we can throw him a pig. (that would be ham and bacon all mixed together with some oink)

edited December 1969

i haz a pig, a sheep too

edited December 1969

usually i feed my dinos a steady diet of M4s and V4s

edited December 1969

How about a special treat of M1 and V1? I see those two on the first page of my itemized order history.

edited December 1969

i never much did anything with M1 or V1

edited December 1969

i never much did anything with M1 or V1

I think I got them for free.

There was a barking dog in my apartment complex. It has stopped barking. If it starts back up I would give it to your dino for a snack.

edited June 2012

lol

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
  • TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

k I'm home. The dinosaur picture looks really cool. Hope you make more.

edited December 1969

i'm planning on doing more. I ordered a better pair of 3D glasses than the ones i am using now. Once those arrive i intend to do a lot more anaglyph images. I may even attempt to make a 3D animation this way

edited December 1969

I find you lose a lot of color and brightness with the 3D version. I'm going to try to fix that some. I can also make them for other styles of glasses, but they tend to be more expensive. Most people can get a cheep pair of the red n blues, but are not likely to pay $40 or $50 for more expensive glasses. So I will probably stick with this style as to reach the widest audience

edited December 1969

i've been experimenting with super saturating the images before running them through the anaglyph prog, but so far the results haven't been as good as i had hoped

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Yeah I think you're inherently limited

The most distracting/disturbing thing for me is when one eye sees a color distinction that the other doesn't at all. Makes me think my eyes are broken. An example would be the red light that comes out of my mouse. My blue eye doesn't see it.

edited December 1969

Melody's special number 1856666 .and also a special code: v 6

That is what she typed up when she stood on my keyboard and tried to get my attention.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Melody's special number 1856666 .and also a special code: v 6

That is what she typed up when she stood on my keyboard and tried to get my attention.

and it worked!

edited December 1969

TZORG said:
    Yeah I think you're inherently limited

The most distracting/disturbing thing for me is when one eye sees a color distinction that the other doesn't at all. Makes me think my eyes are broken. An example would be the red light that comes out of my mouse. My blue eye doesn't see it.

i hadn't noticed this till you mentioned it, but if i put the glasses on and close the blue eye the annoyingly bright blue led on my card reader completely disappears. Makes sense, just something I hadn't thought about

I'm wondering if i can color shift the images to correct for this. The way this is done is you set up 2 cameras ( in this case in Poser ) and have them parallel and slightly offset on the X axis. I find that having the camera not exactly parallel but slightly cross eyed gives me better results. You then render 2 images, one for each camera. These 2 images are then combined in the Anaglyph maker.

I am wondering if shifting one image more to red and the other more to blue before combining them if this might correct the lack of color

something to experiment with

edited December 1969

Also there is the option of just making them black and white which removes the annoyance of the colors being slightly off

3D-Tarbosaur-BW.jpg
    800 x 800 - 133K
    edited December 1969

kinda makes it look more like an old B movie, i think I like it

edited December 1969

did a new one......

3D-KillZone-2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 128K
    3D-KillZone.jpg
    800 x 800 - 157K
    edited December 1969

included a 2D version for those with out the red n blue googlies

edited December 1969

I do not have the 3d glasses. I once saw an offer of free 3d glasses on a box of sugary something. I did not want the sugary something at the time so I did not get it.

edited December 1969

I'd like to get the newer glasses, but they tend to be more expensive. the elcheapo red n blues you can get for under $1

edited December 1969

I found out my cheese went bad.

edited December 1969

when good cheese goes bad !!!!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I blame the parents.

edited December 1969

when good cheese goes bad !!!!

I would need to go to the store to get more cheese soon. If I was not so tired I would do it now. Maybe after a little nap.