Black Friday Sale Chaos

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
edited November 2012 in The Commons

You click on the sale category and the products that show up don't have the 50% discount applied. All the $1.99 products in the 50% off category still show up as $1.99. How are we suppose to know what's on sale? And what the correct discount is?

I click on one of the artists in the 50% discount list - Oskarsson - for instance, and nothing is discounted.

I click on the Daz Originals category and nothing is discounted, click on an individual product, and it shows the old 40% discount.

Post edited by Fauvist on

Comments

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    You click on the sale category and the products that show up don't have the 50% discount applied. All the $1.99 products in the 50% off category still show up as $1.99. How are we suppose to know what's on sale? And what the correct discount is?

I click on one of the artists in the 50% discount list - Oskarsson - for instance, and nothing is discounted.

Yeah, I have a feeling it will take some time to get fixed. Luckily it is all weekend, so there should be time for them to fix it before the sale time ends. There have been lots of problems like this so far, but Daz has fixed the problems and discounted correctly when given time or asked.

Annoying, and rather unprofessional, but at least they are making good in the end, in my experience.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

$1.99 items do not get discounted when DAZ Originals are on sale, only during special PC sales.

I've flagged up to DAZ 3D that not everything is showing the discounts.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited November 2012

$1.99 items do not get discounted when DAZ Originals are on sale, only during special PC sales.

I've flagged up to DAZ 3D that not everything is showing the discounts.

If the $1.99 items are not discounted, they shouldn't show up when you click the 50% discount category. The $1.99 items have been discounted at times in the past, because I have a number of them showing in my order history where I paid $0.99.

You click on the 50% category for Environments & Props and you get 2533 items show up! Who's going to look through 2500 products when most of them are $1.99 and not on sale for 50% off.

Post edited by Fauvist on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

They currently don't have a separate category for DAZ Originals excluding PC items unfortunately -- it would make things a lot less confusing.

edited December 1969

They currently don't have a separate category for DAZ Originals excluding PC items unfortunately -- it would make things a lot less confusing.

The banner headline says 50% OFF ALL DAZ ORIGINALS *Excluces items newer than 60 days old.

It doesn't say "excludes $1.99 items".

edited December 1969

Ok, I get it. The problems are disappearing. I guess it's the nature of the internet that when something changes on a website, the changes don't show up at exactly the same moment on every computer in the world. There's a lag time.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,506
    edited December 1969

It doesn’t say “excludes $1.99 items”.

Platinum Club items are only less than $1.99 when there is a specific sale for them, usually a theme-based sale (like sci-fi items, vehicles, etc). It has been that way as long as anyone can remember.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

I notice that very many of the 50% DAZ Originals sale items are in fact at 70%, or in many cases 85% off. So I reckon it's probably worth ploughing through the pages if there are bargains like that to be had! Let's hope it's not an error, or if it is, doesn't get fixed!

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

when it says "50% off ENTIRE PA STORES" it doesn't really mean that apparently. I was doubly depressed hoping to get Maraieh's morphing business suit on sale, but it either isn't old enough yet (thought i thought it's been out more than a few months now????) or just isn't on sale for some reason.

And I at first thought ALL the PAs were on sale but that was too good to be true. Was hoping to see Addy in there or optitex ....

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

when it says "50% off ENTIRE PA STORES" it doesn't really mean that apparently. I was doubly depressed hoping to get Maraieh's morphing business suit on sale, but it either isn't old enough yet (thought i thought it's been out more than a few months now????) or just isn't on sale for some reason.

And I at first thought ALL the PAs were on sale but that was too good to be true. Was hoping to see Addy in there or optitex ....

Just the pa's listed on the sale page....

Iirc the business suit would be too recent to qualify.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

And an annoying thing - the categories, at least the "Toons" and "Creatures", are promoted with products that were not included in these categories. No Sam and Sadie in Toons, no Anubis in Creatures.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

well darn it. See I missed the intro sale and i was hoping it'd have been enough time by now...

ah well. Spent too much this month anyway.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I was hoping for Optitex too. However, SimonWM and Khory are both included in the sale, which means half of the Optitex items are as well, except for his earliest releases. I have found a couple that were in my wish list. And many more besides. DAZ still know how to repeatedly suck every last spare cent out of me. And several that really shouldn't be spare.....

:-S

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

well darn it. See I missed the intro sale and i was hoping it'd have been enough time by now...

Sorry....wish I could help.

edited December 1969

And following the chaos theme as in the thread header, I also notice that the Black Friday deals have over ridden the Black November Fast Grab prices, which is mildly irritating. But with so many other good bargains spread, albeit apparently quite randomly, throughout the store, it would be churlish to complain!

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:

Sorry....wish I could help.

well gotta admit, that the "50% off PA Artist!" promo image for Marieah is the morning business suit stuff, it's a bit misleading because you'd think it'd be on sale since it's picture is under that title. Guess it's because its showing "newest" and not really on sale.

at least there is some nice stuff by Simon and Khory in the sale! I missed that somehow. :) Thanks for pointing that out, Dr. Stupid :D

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

well gotta admit, that the "50% off PA Artist!" promo image for Marieah is the morning business suit stuff, it's a bit misleading because you'd think it'd be on sale since it's picture is under that title. Guess it's because its showing "newest" and not really on sale.

at least there is some nice stuff by Simon and Khory in the sale! I missed that somehow. :) Thanks for pointing that out, Dr. Stupid :D

Yeah, I think it was really shady to show non-sale items as part of the promo images.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited November 2012

Too bad everything on my wishlist is for nonparticipating PA Artists.
    *sad face*

But...Mankahoo (Ali) does have a nice new ponytail hair out. Off to buy.

Post edited by jmper on
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

GRUMBLE!

In the time it took to SUCCESSFULLY checkout, the Medieval Male Peasant Clothing for Genesis went from 85% off to 70% off. Putting it in a price category too high for me to purchase for Genesis clothing. (Both the Male and Female Peasant Clothing were 85% off and are now 70% off.)

Yeah, yeah. I know. 70% off is still a deal. But Genesis in Poser still doesn't work well, so until it does, I'm just not investing much at all in Genesis clothing that isn't a PC $1.99 product.

But really, it's the irritation of a product being 85% off for the 2 hours I spent shopping (it's close enough to the end of the month I need to spend that PC DO Only coupon), and then in the time it took to checkout (what with having to rerun through the checkout process (twice) because of errors), the price changed.

Well ... it's back in my wishlist now.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

While the actual sale seems to be working fine, it seems like several of Damsel1 and Tony Puryear's stuff lost their promo images on several products. Granted, I heard that several products across the site changeover lost promos so this might simply make it more noticeable as opposed to directly being the cause.

The whole thing with Maraieh’s business suit seems odd since it came out mid summer. I can see if there were some restrictions on bundles perhaps but I would think that adding it to the promo meant it was intended for the sale.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:

Yeah, I think it was really shady to show non-sale items as part of the promo images.
    ...the, promo pic for the DO Toon Characters category is Sadie & Sam for Genesis.

• edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    While the actual sale seems to be working fine, it seems like several of Damsel1 and Tony Puryear's stuff lost their promo images on several products. Granted, I heard that several products across the site changeover lost promos so this might simply make it more noticeable as opposed to directly being the cause.

The whole thing with Maraieh’s business suit seems odd since it came out mid summer. I can see if there were some restrictions on bundles perhaps but I would think that adding it to the promo meant it was intended for the sale.

It think her business suit came out during the PA sale, so it may be a few days short of 60 days since it was released. Maybe it will go on sale over the weekend.

edited December 1969

sikeus said:
    ZamuelNow said:

It think her business suit came out during the PA sale, so it may be a few days short of 60 days since it was released. Maybe it will go on sale over the weekend.

I thought it was part of the pa sale also....

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

Yesterday the Toon Alien was $1.79 (for PC members), now today it's suddenly $2.99.

I noticed that it's made by 3DUniverse and their store was 40% off yesterday, but not today, and the price difference is actually 40%, so that might be the explanation.

It is however a DAZ item so the 3DUniverse discount shouldn't affect the price, should it?

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

If I bought 30.00 worth of stuff yesterday and I'm getting ready to purchase more today. Will I still get the free character freebie that is offered if I spend 50.00 even though part was yesterday and the rest today?

Thanks!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

Samanthie said:
    If I bought 30.00 worth of stuff yesterday and I'm getting ready to purchase more today. Will I still get the free character freebie that is offered if I spend 50.00 even though part was yesterday and the rest today?

Not according to the text on the freebie page:

"The total of your cart must be $50 or more, then add Joanie to the same order to get her for free."

Whether you can get it anyway by contacting support I can't say though...

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

Thank you Taozen, I'll check with Daz and see if I can get her. :)

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited November 2012

I wish the store would stop logging me out.

Well I see Hiro 5 is 70% off. I thought it was too new for that.

Post edited by anikad on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited November 2012

I have to say it is really annoying when it says "50% off the entire catalog of all these artists" when clearly their entire catalogs are not even on sale. Why lie in a sale promotion?

Post edited by Mr Bowen on