BradHP's renders (that's me!)

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hey everyone!

I was pretty new here when Daz decided to knock down and rebuild the forums, and I moved over to Renderosity and just kind of stayed there. I've been back over here the past few days reading some stuff on the forums (trying to learn Bryce now) and decided to stay a while.

I wanted to share some of what I've done over the past months because I could always use feedback to help me improve. So please comment on any image here, positive or negative, as long as it's constructive.

I'll start with one of my favorite things I've done. I'm not going to claim any skill here, I think it was mostly an accident of just putting lights in the right place the first time.

Daz 4 Pro-->Reality-->Luxrender (w/ Agfapan APX 400 B&W film response)-->Topaz B&W filters in Photoshop

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I like it. I wanted to jump in before anyone to say that personally I like the lighting and don't think it's too dark. If anything, the reflection on the fingernails might in some interpretations be bright but they are well within realistic effect so it really comes down to how you want it :)

• edited December 1969

Another one I'm happy with.

That doesn't happen very often. Seems like I scrap 5 renders for everyone 1 I actually finish.

emma_steampunk_sepia.jpg
    1790 x 1294 - 438K
  • edited November 2012

Gedd said:
    I like it. I wanted to jump in before anyone to say that personally I like the lighting and don't think it's too dark. If anything, the reflection on the fingernails might in some interpretations be bright but they are well within realistic effect so it really comes down to how you want it :)

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I never even noticed the fingernails. That's the type of detail I'm trying to work on.

Post edited by zeroice013_158c259c54 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Cracking images.

First one. Stunning work though I feel his shirt should be a colour other than black...just my personal preference as to me it looks a bit disjointed and the ciggy smoke just doesn't look right. I take it you are not a smoker. Try looking on Google images for cigarette smoke to compare.

Second image. Again a personal thing but I would have separated her from the background by lighting the right side so you have a thin rim of light going down the right hand side (our right)...rim light in other words.

Apart from that I am impressed, nice work.

• edited December 1969

One of my first Reality renders (that I was willing to share with others).

tori_in_the_city_post.jpg
    2000 x 1200 - 496K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

Nice renders :)

• edited December 1969

Here's another early one. There's a lot I'd go back and change now that I've learned more, but I still like it.

gears_post.png
    1850 x 1033 - 2M
  • cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

BradHP said:
    I'll start with one of my favorite things I've done. I'm not going to claim any skill here, I think it was mostly an accident of just putting lights in the right place the first time.

Daz 4 Pro-->Reality-->Luxrender (w/ Agfapan APX 400 B&W film response)-->Topaz B&W filters in Photoshop

Accident?? I wish my "accidents" looked that good! :)

• edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Cracking images.

First one. Stunning work though I feel his shirt should be a colour other than black...just my personal preference as to me it looks a bit disjointed and the ciggy smoke just doesn't look right. I take it you are not a smoker. Try looking on Google images for cigarette smoke to compare.

Second image. Again a personal thing but I would have separated her from the background by lighting the right side so you have a thin rim of light going down the right hand side (our right)...rim light in other words.

Sorry. I love the images and think they are brilliant. I love the quality that luz can produce and the imagination you put into them. However I felt compelled to make a brilliant image even better. If you have any issues let me know and I'll remove it. I used Ron Deviney's Detailed smoke.

Dante_smoke_sm_BradHP_edited_by_DangerousWill.jpg
    2000 x 1037 - 550K
  • cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Cracking images.

Sorry. I love the images and think they are brilliant. I love the quality that luz can produce and the imagination you put into them. However I felt compelled to make a brilliant image even better. If you have any issues let me know and I'll remove it. I used Ron Deviney's Detailed smoke.

Great smoke! (talkin bout the picture... :) )