Tiny Petite G3Fs?

2»

Comments

• KA1 said:
    Kara for G3F over at that other site is a great shorter character for G3F

I will have to look at the other site to find her then ;)

Thanks!

• I do not have exact measurements, but LY Emi is a few inches shorter than Mei Lin.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    edited October 2016

If you have S4,S5 and S6, have you tried GenX to convert their morphs to G3?

I don't even have that GenX, if it can do that for G3 I will definitely look into that...

I have a couple of those and GenX, so I can test them for you. I'll post a pic when I get a chance to do it.

*Edit...if I can get GenX to work. I'm having some issues with GenX finding any of my Genesis 2 morphs.

Post edited by outrider42 on
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    In terms of morphs, in addition to height, don't forget the leg length morph. The DAZ figures tend to be pretty leggy, and shorter folks tend to have shorter legs relative to their torso (I know I do anyway)
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    j cade said:
    In terms of morphs, in addition to height, don't forget the leg length morph. The DAZ figures tend to be pretty leggy, and shorter folks tend to have shorter legs relative to their torso (I know I do anyway)

...yeah this has been a n issue since the early days.  I always had to shorten Vicky's legs to get more appropriate proportions.  That is why I liked Steph 4 as she seemed more "realistically" proportioned.

I like Josie7's face and softer features but like Vicky, she's very leggy especially for a teen. In the G2 version of Growing Up, there is one slider titled "Adult Proportion" which apparently was replaced by one called "Youth Proportions Adjust" in the G3 version.  The latter sort of does the same but also affects the head propagation as well.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    j cade said:

Apparently the normal ratio for legs to height measurment is 45%,  so someone who is 5 ft tall (ie 60") would on average have a 27" inside leg measurment.    I am spot on with that, so as long as a style is made with 27" inside leg I can buy trousers to fit off the peg.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    j cade said:

I believe that is where the significant difference is.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited October 2016

Here's what I came up with..  The 5'3" one I did by first adjusting the proportions to more normal human female and then scaling down slightly,  the other one I made by overlaying G3 on a SP4 and adjusting until they matched as good as I could get them.  The two are pretty similar, and I like them both more than the Height dial that comes with the G3F body morphs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95264998/G3F_Petite_Dials.zip

They live in Actor/Full Body/Real World..  they control overall scale, head size, and leg length.  the Steph one adds in some torso and neck scaling.   Pretty sure most of those dials are in the G3F body morphs so if you don't have those they won't work right.

Petite.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 248K
    Post edited by Fisty on
  • I have a couple of those and GenX, so I can test them for you. I'll post a pic when I get a chance to do it.

*Edit...if I can get GenX to work. I'm having some issues with GenX finding any of my Genesis 2 morphs.

I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with - I have yet to buy it, I do have measure metrics so at least I can check what results I get but no GenX... Thanks!

• I do not have exact measurements, but LY Emi is a few inches shorter than Mei Lin.

Thank you nice find! And she's on sale *woot*

• Fisty said:

Here's what I came up with..  The 5'3" one I did by first adjusting the proportions to more normal human female and then scaling down slightly,  the other one I made by overlaying G3 on a SP4 and adjusting until they matched as good as I could get them.  The two are pretty similar, and I like them both more than the Height dial that comes with the G3F body morphs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltadf1ajc14sasc/G3F_Petite_Dials.zip?dl=0

They live in Actor/Full Body/Real World..  they control overall scale, head size, and leg length.  the Steph one adds in some torso and neck scaling.   Pretty sure most of those dials are in the G3F body morphs so if you don't have those they won't work right.

Extremely helpful thank you Fisty! I have been using Height but not Petite, thanks for the chart that truly helps!

• Chohole said:

Apparently the normal ratio for legs to height measurment is 45%,  so someone who is 5 ft tall (ie 60") would on average have a 27" inside leg measurment.    I am spot on with that, so as long as a style is made with 27" inside leg I can buy trousers to fit off the peg.

Also very helpful to know! thanks - 45% the 'magic' number *thumbs up*

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited October 2016

There are other books around, but for proportions of the human body, I find this one pretty handy...(the price is right, too)

https://archive.org/details/Andrew_Loomis_Figure_Draw

The charts are nice and clear and well laid out.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    Fisty said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltadf1ajc14sasc/G3F_Petite_Dials.zip?dl=0

Extremely helpful thank you Fisty! I have been using Height but not Petite, thanks for the chart that truly helps!

...not on Dropbox (security reasons) so they will not download.

Merph..  fixing..

Bah..  ShareCG is down..  try this link

...thanks that worked.  This will save me a lot of time adjusting proportions by hand. Also won't have to bloat the base G3F by transferring all the Steph 4 morphs through GenX.

The "Youth Body Proportions" morph in Growing Up does OK to a point but I have to keep readjusting the head size afterwards.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Fisty said:

Bah..  ShareCG is down..  try this link

Thanks for this, I was having great difficulty getting petit.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

My thanks as well.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Fisty said:

Thank you very much!

• Yes thank you Fisty! These morphs help tremendously!

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    mjc1016 said:

There are other books around, but for proportions of the human body, I find this one pretty handy...(the price is right, too)

https://archive.org/details/Andrew_Loomis_Figure_Draw

The charts are nice and clear and well laid out.

Great resource.  Thanks for linking!

• pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 474

Does anybody happen to have a V3 petite morph or can point me out where I can find one?

Thanks!