Black November

Comments

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,019
    edited December 1969

Good morning to me I sat down with my coffee and there was the Buddy-Bot Yeah. Great sale so far DAZ thanks for all the sweet deals.
    I'm spending as much as I'm making but I'm having fun so it's all good.

• rory7411rory7411 Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

Any chance those Freebies are going to be updated in the next couple of hours? I've actually had $30 of DO in the cart since Friday and there's not a thing I haven't got that I want in that selection.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Pretty good chance...

rory7411 said:
    Any chance those Freebies are going to be updated in the next couple of hours? I've actually had $30 of DO in the cart since Friday and there's not a thing I haven't got that I want in that selection.
  • rory7411rory7411 Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

Yay, thank you, there was actually something there that is on my wishlist this time

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I see the price has dropped on the bundle to $16 something. Wow - that`s good value!

• edited November 2012

I really like the idea of build your own bundle. Kudos to Daz!

Just thought I'd drop a note to let everyone know that the price decrease won't show up till you go to check out and buy. Before that, since I'm a PC member, all I see is the 40% off discount.

Kevin, to avoid confusion for those who don't read this thread, perhaps it would be good to put this information in the banner that runs across the top of the bundle page.

Post edited by aprilsunshine7_4526d47d74 on
  • pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

I see Pure Hairy Candy (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/november-freebies/pure-hair-candy) is one of the freebie items for spending $30+. It's marked as regular price though ($14.95) and only gives a partial discount when put in the cart ($8.97). Not sure if it's a glitch or not but thought I'd mention it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    edited December 1969

Do you have to buy 5 items to get the bundle discount? What if you only want 4 or even only 1?

edited November 2012

barbult said:
    Do you have to buy 5 items to get the bundle discount? What if you only want 4 or even only 1?

Good question. :) I struggled finding 5 items I REALLY wanted. Though I might mention, it's not exactly a bundle with only 1 item.

Post edited by pc2014 on
    edited December 1969

You have to buy 5 to create your own bundle.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited November 2012

Greetings,
    You have to buy 5 items to get the BYOB discount.

I just picked up $252.30 (at 'retail') worth of items for $44.35, all told. And one of those was a bundle, where the 'retail' bundle price wasn't reflective of the components. I couldn't resist...14 items: 1 hair, 3 clothes, 3 characters/textures, 6 'locations'/sets, and one plugin. And I couldn't even use my November coupon, as it would have only saved around $2, so I have that waiting.

I feel like I'm extreme-coupon-ing... ;) It turns out the BYOB, and platinum items both count towards $30 of the B$30G1F (max $8.97) discount. Then the combination counts towards the $50 cliff to get the Joanie skin for free. Maybe it's not intended to work that way, but I just picked up a TON of awesome content for a darn good price. $3.16/item if you ignore bundles, $2.77/item if you include them.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

the BYOB doesn't appear to stop discounting at five items...

The BYOB counts towards the B$30G1F and the Joanie skin. So I paid $17.95 in total for bundle, freebie and joanie.

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    the BYOB doesn't appear to stop discounting at five items...

The BYOB counts towards the B$30G1F and the Joanie skin. So I paid $17.95 in total for bundle, freebie and joanie.

I thought you had to spend $50+ in order to get Joanie for free.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

When the items go into your cart you have over $50, that seems enough to trigger the discount. It appears to ignore the byob discount that is also taken off at the same time.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I built my own bundle and added an extra bundle item, one of the listed freebies, Joanie, and five PC items, used the 30% off coupon I got via e-mail, and paid slightly under $2 per item! (Or, looking at it another way, I paid for Joanie and the 5 PC items, and got 7 freebies...!) Wasn't planning to buy much at all this month, but that was way too good to pass up.

edited December 1969

Glad you are enjoying those deals! Today Don't miss out Stonemason's new set and the brand New "Ready to Render" Scene for Planet Alpine. Buy the Scene and the needed Content. Load them all in, press render and get the same results we did! Then check out our settings, see how we set things up!

• AmericanCrusader3AmericanCrusader3 Posts: 10
    edited November 2012

So, while I was loading my BYOB shopping cart the Bundle page was apparently updated and four of the 5 products I built my bundle around are not showing on the page.

I presume this is why my total did not reflect any 70% BYOB discount?
    Anyone with insight about this, please enlighten me.

Thanks!

Post edited by AmericanCrusader3 on
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

So, while I was loading my BYOB shopping cart the Bundle page was apparently updated and four of the 5 products I built my bundle around are not showing on the page.

I presume this is why my total did not reflect any 70% BYOB discount?
    Anyone with insight about this, please enlighten me.

Thanks!

Yes, new items appeared in BYOB cathegory recently, so you are right.

• AmericanCrusader3AmericanCrusader3 Posts: 10
    edited November 2012

Many thanks, PS!

Post edited by AmericanCrusader3 on
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

New bundle builders. Awesome! And this was going to be a quiet spending month...

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

The build you own bundle thing is the nicest I've seen in a long time. :)
    Thank you!

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited November 2012

Kerya said:
    The build you own bundle thing is the nicest I've seen in a long time. :)
    Thank you!

I agree. The BYOB is a great idea, one I have wanted for a loooooooooooooong time. Got two so far, mostly bundles of hair and outfits that I usually skip to buy items like the Stonemason sets, etc.

Now if they would just let me pick any 5 items out of the store that I want and charge me $1.99 for all of it, that would be the best deal in the galaxy.

What? A little over the top? hehehe

Thanks DAZ! :)

(Now if I would just remember to add a friggin' November freebie to my purchases. Strike three or four on that so far.)

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/3d-universe

Black November just got even better... How do you follow up on a Stonemason release? A new release from 3D Universe! Check out Old Man Rex. Perfect wizard or Santa, so you can hit the Hobbit and Christmas all at once! Not only is this new release fab... In Celebration of 3D Universe's Birthday, he has asked that we put his store on sale at 40% off! The surprises just keep coming!

We want to see your Hobbit Style Renders to help get us hyped for the movie!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

Hmm. Wonder if there will be a new doorbuster today? Didn't see anything that tempted me this last batch, but the first was a doozy!

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Genesis wizard outfit looks nice. Any chance of seeing it on a regular M5?

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

New Bundle Builders!

Nothing there for me this time - I actually own 17 of the 25 items! Yikes, that's a wake-up call...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...did pretty good with Tuesday's BYOB. Picked up several things I've been wanting.

edited November 2012

On Pre-Thanksgiving-Day 3d Universe Unleashed his latest sets :Old Man Rex for Genesis Character and Old Man Rex for Genesis Clothing
    Along with his Birthday store sale: 3D Universe Birthday Sale!

Now Thanksgiving is finally here and we can celerbrate what we are thankful for! To show our thanks here are 4 NEW RELESES for Thanksgiving!

DZFire with Cyborg Version 4 and his store at 50% off DZFire Store

MindVision G.D.S. with Dark Embrace and his store at 50% off MindVision G.D.S. Store

deviney with Rons Digital Energy and his store at 50% off deviney store

vyktohria with Cerella for Genesis and her store at 50% off vyktohria store

Happy Thanksgiving from everyone at DAZ3D!!!

Post edited by DAZ_Kevin on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    :) :) :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Very pleased with Joanie so far!
    Rendered in DS 4.5. Lighting is from another Morris creation: Chablis for V4 and Genesis (it's become my go-to light set for portraits). Character is S5 with a few modifications. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

joanie1b.jpg
    1000 x 1647 - 729K