parabell

gunangagakgunangagak Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have tried to download the Living Room frebie but 'My Norton' is rejecting it as unsafe.

why should that be when it is coming from DaZ

Comments

• thd777thd777 Posts: 931
    edited November 2012

Norton does that sometimes. It is based solely on the "reputation" of the file. This means it is a new file and has very few users. The message usually talks about "ws.reputation". You can simply go to the quarantine section and tell Norton to restore the file.
    TD

Post edited by thd777 on
  • gunangagakgunangagak Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DaZ studio 4.5 pro.

I have downloaded GoZ, it is in the plug-in, however, it tell me that the evaluation for this plug-in is no longer valid.

So it is shown as unregistered.

What has gone wrong? I have by the way unistalled it twice.

So can anyone tell me how to register it.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Does it say 'DAZ Studio Pro' in the title bar wne you launch DS4

If it says Standard, you will have to register DS, if not, enter the DS4Pro serial number for the plugin..

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

duplicate Threads merged.

edited December 1969

I have DS4.5 pro

I have just downloaded images etc from DaZ and now I cannot find them.

Where are they and how can I avoid this?

Is there a file that I can save images to so that I can access by a click of a button.

Could someone please help

edited December 1969

I have DS4.5 pro

I have just downloaded images etc from DaZ and now I cannot find them.

Where are they and how can I avoid this?

Is there a file that I can save images to so that I can access by a click of a button.

Could someone please help

Are you sure they were images? Do you mean that you bought items from the Store?

When you download anything form the internet, you browser will store it where you tell it to.

What Operating System are you using? What files are you downloading from DAZ 3D, and from where?

edited December 1969

I have paid for Noggins Poser Owls at 24.95 dollars and downloaded from "downloadable products" in DaZ shop.

I know how to 'extract' but nothing happened.

The Poser owls simply will not open. In desperation I contacted "Knowhow" who came on my screen, however, despite their expertise they were not able to open it up either, their represenative spent an endless amount of time trying different ways to do so.

At one stage he got one owl!

It will not unzip and I keep getting an error message saying 'expected option but got C:\user\ray'

It is more than annoying that I have payed for these Owls and have nothing for it; 19 pounds is a lot to me.

edited December 1969

What size exactly is the ZIP file? What operating system are you using?

It would also be helpful if you were to retitle your thread to something like 'Problem with Noggin's Poser Owls', so that people can see what the thread is about. I have no idea what parabell means in this context.

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Just in case:
    After unzipping the ZIP file you get one new file without extension.
    This is a zip file again.
    Just add .zip and unzip this file and you get the content of the Runtime stuff.
    (Downloaded it a few minutes ago, and it works with DS4.5 on WinXP 32Bit)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Hope somebody reported this to QC.

Then when it's fixed, reset and redownload the item [clear browser cache first] ...

30 day money back guarantee ... if no owls, ask for a refund ;-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

Again I have merged threads as we are getting several threads with the same title, and it seems to me that this user needs a lot of guidance, and is better off in the New Users area.

What we need to know here is whether you are using a PC or a Mac.

Also are you making sure that your are downloading the correct product for your OS.

Normally there will be a .exe file for the PC and a zip file for the Mac.

However if it is one of the older products that has been updated to only having a zip file with it, this will then come with a PDf to show you how to use the zip file.

Post edited by Chohole on