Welcome to the November 2012 Freebie Challenge!

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Jaderail said:
    jeeperz said:
    this time of year tends to be that way Jaderail, and more will come in later in the month as well. You should try a hand at entering too if you get a chance.
    I've been around for a bit jeeperz, I know this time of year slows down and expected it. I was just trying to nudge any who might still be sitting on the fence into action. Thank you for the invite to join but I'm not able to due the theme (Which I like). I'm Depressive and fighting off a bout right now. I'll just watch and enjoy. I'm looking forward to those who are taking their time and will join when they get ready.

Luck to all. Happily on the sidelines.

well in that case I have some pies if you need help encouraging people... This time of year affects me that way too, this forum help keep me out that zone.

I live in sunny Arizona but if I don;t get out and get some rays bad things start to happen. I know then to follow my dog and have a 15 minute sit under that sun. Makes me rigth as rain most of the times but I do have to be careful and not to forget getting those oh so important rays under my skin and through my eyes, even in the winter time.

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Okay, the gallery is now updated.

Alexa

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    I have some pies if you need help encouraging people.
    Splat.jpg
    454 x 454 - 39K
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    I have some pies if you need help encouraging people.

ROFLMAO now THAT is funny dorsey, you make me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

ermmm...you can change your banner now Jeeperz! Halloween is over....lol.

:-)

edited December 1969

Alexa

Thank you dear!

edited December 1969

oh yeah forgot...

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Remember back on page 1, I asked people to watch for a Bonus Game?

Watch carefully tomorrow...

edited November 2012

music2u4u said:

Alexa

Thank you dear!

You are welcome. ;)

Alexa

Post edited by agsears_f6a68cb825 on
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Looking forward to it. :cheese:

Alexa :)

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Looking forward to it. :cheese:

Alexa :)

I think people will like it... okay, I hope people will like it. :)

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

you have my attention now...

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    robkelk said:

I'm being a horrid, horrid tease, I know... You won't have to wait much longer, though - the announcement will be up somewhere between 12 and 24 hours from now.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    jeeperz said:
    robkelk said:

I'm being a horrid, horrid tease, I know... You won't have to wait much longer, though - the announcement will be up somewhere between 12 and 24 hours from now.

between 12 - 24 hours???? well that narrows it down rob

edited December 1969

Yeah...that's only a meer 12 hour difference!

:smirk:

edited November 2012

And six of those hours have already gone by...

Oh, yes: I'll allow this week's RuntimeDNA freebie should you want to use it in the Bonus Game. (Actually, I believe they remain available for free at RDNA, so it would be allowed anyway...)

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

Okay, enough teasing...

It's Time for the Bonus Game!

Remember back on page 1, I asked you to keep your eyes open for a four-day Mini-Challenge? Well, here it is:

Set the Table!

It's coming up on Thanksgiving weekend in the USA, and that means a banquet! (Followed by an orgy of mass consumerism over the next few days, but I doubt anybody's home computers can render a scene of hundreds of people fighting over dozens of products in a store, given the Challenges' "no postwork" rule.) Let's see some feasts - traditional, avant-garde, fusion... what you serve is up to you, as long as it's food.

For this mini-challenge, you must include at least five free items, but only free items are allowed - no "paid" or "no-count" items are permitted at all. This game is all about the food, the presentation, and the mad search for available freebies in a limited time. (Although this isn't a one-hour render challenge; I'm giving you nearly four days!)

The Bonus Game closes at 23:59 Wednesday 22 November, Daz Time. The winner will be announced Thursday evening. (I'll be judging the Bonus Game on my own, unless the other judges want to take part. Thursday isn't a holiday in Canada; I have to work).

The Gift: A $15 DAZ3D gift certificate, paid for by your host, will be presented to the person who - in the host's opinion - provides the best-looking banquet.

(For those who aren't interested in this Bonus Game, the month-long Challenge is still open.)

One more thing... The image below is how not to do it - everything in it is a paid item, and it isn't what one would call a banquet, either. ;)

nae-not-a-feast.png
    1025 x 576 - 995K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oooh, this sounds like fun.

One word of warning though, don't leave the kitchen when the food is all ready, you may have problems, and you may not have a house hob to keep the marauders away.

BTW all the food in this image is free, but the hob, house and mouses are not. So it's an NAE

hobs_kitchen_3.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 448K
  • skipper25skipper25 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm feeling hungry..... What have I got in the fridge?

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    ...For this mini-challenge, you must include at least five free items, but only free items are allowed - no "paid" or "no-count" items are permitted at all. This game is all about the food, the presentation, and the mad search for available freebies in a limited time. (Although this isn't a one-hour render challenge; I'm giving you nearly four days!

Do we have to list the freebies we use and a link to them?

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited November 2012

1.) Turkey Fried Registration Required.

2.) Italian Restaurant Tables Various Elements. Registration Required.

3.) ND Brownies and Cookies Registration Required.

4.) Have a Drink for M4 and V4 Beer Bottle. Registration Required.

5.) Beer in Schooner15th Item from Top.

6.) Hot Dog Scroll Down to 16th Image, 1st Link.

Hamburger Scroll Down to 16th Image, 4th Link.

7.) Doughnuts Registration Required.

8.) Ritz Crackers Prop Registration Required.

Hey! What is dis? Only five food items?!? W'addaya t'rowin' here, a T'anksgivin' for a buncha skinny little runway model types? Sheeesh! Get 'em some lettuce 'n' celery already! I runned over da five t'ing limit, an' da only reason I quit when I did 'cause I runned outta room on dis little bitty table. But, Hey! I gots everyt'ing y'need for a Real T'anksgivin' Feast! We got us a toiky, deep fried of course. If ya don't likes toiky, well we got us a pizza over here an' some salami 'n' cheese stuff up dere (I hadda take it 'cause m' sister' brought it). Den dere's da good ol' stand-bys, hot dogs and hamboigas! An' a'coise deres always lots o' beer! Fer desoit we gots brownies an' do'nuts! ...ann'a box o'Ritz crackers...a gotta have Ritz crackers...So c'm on an' dig in! Happy T'anksgivin' everybody!

As always, props set-up in Studio 2.3 with final render in Bryce 5.5. Some items were altered in Bryce with native textures to replace Studio or Poser shader effects. No postwork save for adding signature and copyright date.

Real_Man_Meal_Master.jpg
    773 x 580 - 328K
    Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
    edited November 2012

music2u4u said:
    robkelk said:
    ...For this mini-challenge, you must include at least five free items, but only free items are allowed - no "paid" or "no-count" items are permitted at all. This game is all about the food, the presentation, and the mad search for available freebies in a limited time. (Although this isn't a one-hour render challenge; I'm giving you nearly four days!

Do we have to list the freebies we use and a link to them?

:-)But of course! How else am I supposed to steal all the links for a new freebie list... Oops, did I say that out loud? :coolsmile:

edited November 2012

1.) Turkey Fried Registration Required.

2.) Italian Restaurant Tables Various Elements. Registration Required.

3.) ND Brownies and Cookies Registration Required.

4.) Have a Drink for M4 and V4 Beer Bottle. Registration Required.

5.) Beer in Schooner15th Item from Top.

6.) Hot Dog Scroll Down to 16th Image, 1st Link.

Hamburger Scroll Down to 16th Image, 4th Link.

7.) Doughnuts Registration Required.

8.) Ritz Crackers Prop Registration Required.

Hey! What is dis? Only five food items?!? W'addaya t'rowin' here, a T'anksgivin' for a buncha skinny little runway model types? Sheeesh! Get 'em some lettuce 'n' celery already! I runned over da five t'ing limit, an' da only reason I quit when I did 'cause I runned outta room on dis little bitty table. But, Hey! I gots everyt'ing y'need for a Real T'anksgivin' Feast! We got us a toiky, deep fried of course. If ya don't likes toiky, well we got us a pizza over here an' some salami 'n' cheese stuff up dere (I hadda take it 'cause m' sister' brought it). Den dere's da good ol' stand-bys, hot dogs and hamboigas! An' a'coise deres always lots o' beer! Fer desoit we gots brownies an' do'nuts! ...ann'a box o'Ritz crackers...a gotta have Ritz crackers...So c'm on an' dig in! Happy T'anksgivin' everybody!

As always, props set-up in Studio 2.3 with final render in Bryce 5.5. Some items were altered in Bryce with native textures to replace Studio or Poser shader effects. No postwork save for adding signature and copyright date.

Hey, as long as you've got at least five links, I'm happy - you can have more if you want them!

I'm assuming that pizza came from Trumarcar's, too... (and you've got a few extra letters on the front of that URL, but I know what to get rid of).

And that sure looks better than my toast, takeout coffee, and beans (still in the tin)... ENTRY ACCEPTED!

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Hey, as long as you've got at least five links, I'm happy - you can have more if you want them!

I'm assuming that pizza came from Trumarcar's, too... (and you've got a few extra letters on the front of that URL, but I know what to get rid of).

And that sure looks better than my toast, takeout coffee, and beans (still in the tin)... ENTRY ACCEPTED!

I went back to my original post and cleaned up that nasty little link. I should be more careful...
    The pizza is actually from the Italian Restaurant set. I had several to choose from, freebie wise, but went with this one 'cause it was there.

The toast and coffee didn't look so bad. I'll always have coffee, maybe toast if it's after noon, but never beans...not morning, not noon nor night.

edited November 2012

~snip~

That looks like a feast I could go to town on... The alcohol not so much. :lol:

Nice render, Mr. Ganthor.

Alexa

jcdragon-drool.gif
    50 x 50 - 18K
    Post edited by agsears_f6a68cb825 on
    edited December 1969

That looks like a feast I could go to town on... The alcohol not so much. :lol:

Nice render, Mr. Ganthor.

Alexa

T'anks! If I knowed you was comin' I'da brought out the lemminaid. I hadda Coke 'round here somewheres...once...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited November 2012

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=33303_4CSLGHI5pFmkwm9gyJfC&thumb=1&board_id=1

Excellent! Looks great, in fact I'm getting hungry. Good thing supper's being heated up right now!

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

VERY funny, Ganthor! Da Real Man ain't inna picksha, but his spirit certainly is -- the camouflage tablecloth and the cleaver whacked into the bird -- brilliant touches!

edited December 1969

I love the meat clever!!!!!

Wait...isn't that my "Joe's Room" that I gave as a prize in the challenge?...looks exactly like it.

Real_Man_Meal_Master.jpg
    773 x 580 - 328K
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Okay, enough teasing...

It's Time for the Bonus Game!

Remember back on page 1, I asked you to keep your eyes open for a four-day Mini-Challenge? Well, here it is:

Set the Table!

It's coming up on Thanksgiving weekend in the USA, and that means a banquet! (Followed by an orgy of mass consumerism over the next few days, but I doubt anybody's home computers can render a scene of hundreds of people fighting over dozens of products in a store, given the Challenges' "no postwork" rule.) Let's see some feasts - traditional, avant-garde, fusion... what you serve is up to you, as long as it's food.

Is that a challenge?

Kendall