Error in mailout - Marrakesh Souks 2012 upgrade

2»

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Byrdie and Kodiak3D: you have to have bought the "Marrakesh Souks" - either by itself or in the "Marrakesh Anniversary Bundle".

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Byrdie and Kodiak3D: you have to have bought the "Marrakesh Souks" - either by itself or in the "Marrakesh Anniversary Bundle".

Thanks for fielding that one Kerya :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

You are up again? Don't you sleep?
    *hands out tea*

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Kerya said:

You are up again? Don't you sleep?
    *hands out tea*

Awh, thanks!

Well I'm in the UK, so it's 7.20am. Like to get an early start, especially since I'm actually leaving the house this weekend so need to a few loose ends sorted before we leave. :)

• waningmoonwaningmoon Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

got the 80% off email, just double checked my itemized order history, no sign of marrakesh anything in my list. :s

regards,
    waningmoon

ps. i did sign up @ jack's website for the newsletter

edited December 1969

got the 80% off email, just double checked my itemized order history, no sign of marrakesh anything in my list. :s

regards,
    waningmoon

ps. i did sign up @ jack's website for the newsletter

Disregard it, then :)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

I got my e-mail ,and I got my update and I have to say thank you very much for the work you put into this update well worth paying a bit for.

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,100
    edited December 1969

got the email
    tried the buy
    got no discount
    because I never bought it in the first place.
    ----
    I was hoping it was a glitch in the system... that it delivered the email and might deliver the deal...
    ------
    Poor proofreading on Daz's part, should have said "IF you purchased".
    -----
    But it seems logical Daz could put anything they want on sale as long as they paid the artist the proper fee?
    -----
    Any mis-sales generated are Daz's fault not Jack's --- long ago when I ran my publishing company, if I told someone the job was XX and lost money because I misread the cost of something in the job, not the fault of the company I got the supplies from but mine and I ate the cost.
    -------------
    Sadly, I only see about 50 people who posted about this
    Were there others who just paid full price after the discount didn't post?
    Or was there just a shortage of people ordering?

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    I got my e-mail ,and I got my update and I have to say thank you very much for the work you put into this update well worth paying a bit for.

Thanks! Much appreciated :)

edited December 1969

alanbard said:
    got the email
    tried the buy
    got no discount
    because I never bought it in the first place.
    ----
    I was hoping it was a glitch in the system... that it delivered the email and might deliver the deal...
    ------
    Poor proofreading on Daz's part, should have said "IF you purchased".
    -----
    But it seems logical Daz could put anything they want on sale as long as they paid the artist the proper fee?
    -----
    Any mis-sales generated are Daz's fault not Jack's --- long ago when I ran my publishing company, if I told someone the job was XX and lost money because I misread the cost of something in the job, not the fault of the company I got the supplies from but mine and I ate the cost.
    -------------
    Were there others who just paid full price after the discount didn't post?
    Or was there just a shortage of people ordering?

I'm going to have make sure things are done differently for the Kingdom of Marrakesh re-release.. if we go through the same again I'll....

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602
    edited November 2012

alanbard said:

Any mis-sales generated are Daz’s fault not Jack’s—- long ago when I ran my publishing company, if I told someone the job was XX and lost money because I misread the cost of something in the job, not the fault of the company I got the supplies from but mine and I ate the cost.
    ——————-
    Were there others who just paid full price after the discount didn’t post?
    Or was there just a shortage of people ordering

I decided not to try and argue about it. I paid the standard discounted price and bought the Marrakesh Souks 2012.

I agree with Jack's earlier comment that it would be a pity if the erroneous e-mail makes people ignore the genuine 30% saving on offer. I think it's an exccellent product and well worth the price.

Post edited by Peter Wade on
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot, appreciated :)

• SeleneyueSeleneyue Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is it still possible to get the percent off if you bought the bundle previously, or is it just for intro period?

edited December 1969

It should still in place - so give it a go and see. If not, I'll put a request in to DAZ :)

• SeleneyueSeleneyue Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's not working. On the other hand, the new Kingdom of Marrakesh 2012 worked perfectly for me.