ICO: invalid icon error

CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I've installed Hexagon 2.5.1.79 and registered it. When I import an obj file, I get an error pop up stating "Hexagon Error ICO: invalid icon index". I click OK and everything seems to work fine.

Does anyone know how to correct this error?

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 1969

Weird.

But interesting... :)

Near as I can figure so far is that it's a "widgets" problem or a "microsoft C" runtime error, or possibly a C runtime error via widgets (Hexagon programmers apparently use wxwidgets to develop all or part of the hexagon program).

I can't gurantee anything but I need more info.

What kind of computer and operating system are you running?

Do you have the "Microsoft C runtime libraries" installed?

Can you supply a screen shot of the error message?

Do you have any kind of debugger running on your system? (Highly unlikely - unless you're a programmer)

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Weird.

But interesting... :)

Near as I can figure so far is that it's a "widgets" problem or a "microsoft C" runtime error, or possibly a C runtime error via widgets (Hexagon programmers apparently use wxwidgets to develop all or part of the hexagon program).

I can't gurantee anything but I need more info.

What kind of computer and operating system are you running?

Do you have the "Microsoft C runtime libraries" installed?

Can you supply a screen shot of the error message?

Do you have any kind of debugger running on your system? (Highly unlikely - unless you're a programmer)

Hope these help...

Installed.jpg
    819 x 289 - 86K
    Computer.jpg
    877 x 508 - 60K
    Screen.jpg
    1669 x 1010 - 144K
  • edited December 1969

Yes, excellent info response, thank you.

Unfortunately, nothing really jumps out at me.

The error window definitely is not a Hexagon-style error window, although it's still possible that it's a widgets error which was used to either create Hexagon or parts of it.

I'm unfamiliar with the "feel" of Windows 7, so I'd like to know if the error window looks like the type of Windows 7 error box that you would get for some mundane error like "path not found" or "cannot delete " or some such?

And just a shot in the dark here based on something I read earlier: Where did you get the OBJ file(s) you're working on AND/OR do you by any chance use a program called Wings3D, and did you use it to UV map your model?

And of course, if anyone else wants to jump in here with a clue or an idea, please feel free because I think I'm on thin ice here.

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

I think I just solve the problem. I started doing some research on the net about the error. Those hood obj had a TGA image file attached to it for a texture. When I deleted the reference to the TGA image file, loaded it in Hexagon, the error didn't pop up again. So, evidently, the TGA file was causing the problem.

• edited December 1969

Aha! Good job!!

Glad you're up and running!