GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5! See why you should do it today!

1272829303133»

Comments

• LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

I've been looking at the new 4.5 verison of Daz3d. But I'm a bit worried. I spent a very long time learning Daz3d 4.0 Pro and I'm afraid if I download this verison and change the version I already had, I will have to relearn things I already know. I'm also afraid that products I already own will not work on the new version.

Does anyone know if this is the case? Are there things I should know about the function of the 4.5 that will change what I already have to the point of having to relearn the format of the main scene? I'm not sure I'm explaining this correctly. But I'm hoping someone can explain if downloading the new program is really worth the effort.

Thanks.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LJWM said:
    I've been looking at the new 4.5 verison of Daz3d. But I'm a bit worried. I spent a very long time learning Daz3d 4.0 Pro and I'm afraid if I download this verison and change the version I already had, I will have to relearn things I already know. I'm also afraid that products I already own will not work on the new version.

Does anyone know if this is the case? Are there things I should know about the function of the 4.5 that will change what I already have to the point of having to relearn the format of the main scene? I'm not sure I'm explaining this correctly. But I'm hoping someone can explain if downloading the new program is really worth the effort.

Thanks.

Except for a couple of new bugs I didn't see any difference in how thing worked or the controls to work them.

Actually I just popped in here to ask if there was any tentative time, even a season, when 4.6 is expected? I wont be reinstlling studio till then.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

LJWM said:

Thanks.

works better and renders faster .
    well worth it .

• Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

The reinstalation of shaders and plug-ins is something I dread; Tips & Advice anyone on how to make it less painfull or simple?

I manually move everything where I want it;
    unstalling and reinstalling "The Genesis Starter Essentials " is going to cause me a slight headache,
    also, I think I read somewhere that Genesis was changed; some morphs have been moved from the shaping tab into the parameters tab. Is this true? If so what was moved?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,710
    edited December 1969

The reinstalation of shaders and plug-ins is something I dread; Tips & Advice anyone on how to make it less painfull or simple?

I manually move everything where I want it;
    unstalling and reinstalling "The Genesis Starter Essentials " is going to cause me a slight headache,
    also, I think I read somewhere that Genesis was changed; some morphs have been moved from the shaping tab into the parameters tab. Is this true? If so what was moved?

If you already have a version of 4.5 you don't need to update plugins or shaders, though you should install the new versions of the bundled plugins for their updates (if you use them, of course). If not then 4.5 opens up plugins that were never updated for 4.0 for your use, but you will need the updates and you may need to update some shaders so that they will recompile for the new version of 3Delight - if they fail, try getting an update.

The morphs weren't "moved" - they were not correctly set up to the final DSON format and stopped showing in the Shaping pane as a result, but most (or even all) of the affected morphs have been updated so they do need resetting and reinstalling - at least if you want them in the Shaping pane. (Not all morphs are affected in any event, I should add.)

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    LJWM said:

Thanks.

well worth it .

I'm sorry Bigh,I disagree I don't think its better.

Genesis doesn't work better for animation at least not for me. unless you want top make 30 seconds test animations. with little to no clothes on characters. it does not transfer files over to poser with out dson, you can't share animated DUF scene files in daz3 or in any version of posers.. gen 2 & 3 products don't work well or at all in genesis. still tons of problems with autofit tool in the animation process, pz3 animated files don;t work in daz4.5, and some older pp2 environment models error when loading in daz4.5
    rendering older daz character skin shaders always need to be screwed with to make them look right , older lighting sets don;' work in daz4.5 which forces you to buy new ones.

if you own gen 4 character morphs you need to purchase new ones to work for Genesis if you want to have any kind of body shape to your characters. older fx tools don;t work in daz4.5 forcing you to buy new ones.

The only ones i see benefiting form daz4.5 is the daz. it forces the daz3 & poser user to buy genesis tools & products or go with out.. or spend hours screwing around with this tool to make it work with this tool and so one.. no thanks its not better its will just cost you more to use it. Plus i keep hearing how much easier it is to make characters and clothing for Genesis. But the cost of those products are double of the gen4 products on this site or any other site.

The funny thing is when poser changes and come out with new versions of poser. I can still use all my older poser4 content with out having to have this tool or that tool in order to make it work, can Daz say the same when they update their versions
    this has been a issue when daz updates from version 2 to version 3 and version 3 to version4 and version 4 to version4.5 you see a pattern here? I assume this will be the case for when they come out with daz5 also..

Newer is not always better its just newer and when it comes to daz it usually cost you a lot of money if you want to use the new versions of Daz studio, no thanks I stopped buying DUF & genesis files. its not worth it to me.

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    bigh said:
    LJWM said:

Thanks.

well worth it .

I'm sorry Bigh,I disagree I don't think its better.

Genesis doesn't work better for animation at least not for me. unless you want top make 30 seconds test animations. with little to no clothes on characters. it does not transfer files over to poser with out dson, you can't share animated DUF scene files in daz3 or in any version of posers.. gen 2 & 3 products don't work well or at all in genesis. still tons of problems with autofit tool in the animation process, pz3 animated files don;t work in daz4.5, and some older pp2 environment models error when loading in daz4.5
    rendering older daz character skin shaders always need to be screwed with to make them look right , older lighting sets don;' work in daz4.5 which forces you to buy new ones.

if you own gen 4 character morphs you need to purchase new ones to work for Genesis if you want to have any kind of body shape to your characters. older fx tools don;t work in daz4.5 forcing you to buy new ones.

The only ones i see benefiting form daz4.5 is the daz. it forces the daz3 & poser user to buy genesis tools & products or go with out.. or spend hours screwing around with this tool to make it work with this tool and so one.. no thanks its not better its will just cost you more to use it. Plus i keep hearing how much easier it is to make characters and clothing for Genesis. But the cost of those products are double of the gen4 products on this site or any other site.

The funny thing is when poser changes and come out with new versions of poser. I can still use all my older poser4 content with out having to have this tool or that tool in order to make it work, can Daz say the same when they update their versions
    this has been a issue when daz updates from version 2 to version 3 and version 3 to version4 and version 4 to version4.5 you see a pattern here? I assume this will be the case for when they come out with daz5 also..

Newer is not always better its just newer and when it comes to daz it usually cost you a lot of money if you want to use the new versions of Daz studio, no thanks I stopped buying DUF & genesis files. its not worth it to me.

Sorry to hear you don't like DS 4.5 - I don't have all the problems you have .
    Almost all the V3 , V4 , M3 , M4 ( etc ) clothes work with Genesis .
    Poser I NEVER use . yes I have Poser 5 through 8 some where .

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Ivy: bigh answered to LJWM's question whether he should upgrade from DS 4.0 to 4.5.
    There was no Poser mentioned at all - and it was not about which software is better.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Ivy: bigh answered to LJWM's question whether he should upgrade from DS 4.0 to 4.5.
    There was no Poser mentioned at all - and it was not about which software is better.

She did .

• kmorris1@oh.rr.com[email protected] Posts: 1,107
    edited December 1969

I installed Daz Studio 4.5. After it installed, I checked the plugins and there were 3 of them that didn't load, so I presume I need to reset something, but I'm not sure what I need to reset. These are the pluggins:

d3Genx
    dzautoriggercontrol
    zaoptitexclothcontrol

I reset the GenX product in my purchase history, but I'm not sure what the actual product is for the other two. Any ideas?

Thanks.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kevinh said:
    I installed Daz Studio 4.5. After it installed, I checked the plugins and there were 3 of them that didn't load, so I presume I need to reset something, but I'm not sure what I need to reset. These are the pluggins:

d3Genx
    dzautoriggercontrol
    zaoptitexclothcontrol

I reset the GenX product in my purchase history, but I'm not sure what the actual product is for the other two. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dynamic Clothing Control

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

But this is simply not true. I run DS3 and DS4.5 concurrently - the only thing that works differently is area lights, and that only needs adjusting samples and intensities which is consistent after you get it once (samples need to be upped from DS3 to DS4, and IIRC intensities too, but it's late here and I'm sleepy). USLK works fine, UE2 is built-in so is guaranteed to work. Same for shaders - default shader is still the same, UberSurface is still the same, US2 presets also transfer painlessly (back and forth actually), and shader mixer is vastly improved (the SSS block does not hinder saving the scene anymore!). pwSurface has versions for all the major DS releases in a single install.
    This leaves niche shaders like pwSketch and very convoluted lightsets like LDP2. These haven't been updated IIRC. But if you're so fond of them, you could always keep your older DS versions. I have three installed.

What is true is that DS4 does not always play that well with ancient Poser content and .daz scenes, especially those that have raw .obj models imported. I've also managed to get comparable rendering speeds out of DS3 by using SDK shader lights (good grief, they spew soft raytraced shadows out like it's nothing, almost as fast as DSMs, and that's older 3Delight and an older machine!). Still, Genesis is too awesome in and out of itself to forego DS4... and when we speak new DS4.5 vs DS4.0 or previous 4.5 editions, it's no question the tech is getting better and better.

Rant over. Thank you for your attention.

And... Thank you the DAZ dev team for continually keeping DS exciting =)