Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Message from the management

do_noot_feed_the_trolls.jpg
    450 x 571 - 40K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

well okay then, going to download my new bridge (HowieFarkes country lane 2) and render something.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

it smells

Surprise. :smirk:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
    edited December 1969

When I was a teenager I thought I was too old for playing with Barbie dolls. Now I am almost thirty, I play with digital dolls like Genesis, V4, M4, Cookie, Chip, ect.

Why do teens think they are too old for something but when they reach their twenties they no longer think that they are too old for those things and want to do them again?

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

When I was a teenager I thought I was too old for playing with Barbie dolls. Now I am almost thirty, I play with digital dolls like Genesis, V4, M4, Cookie, Chip, ect.

Why do teens think they are too old for something but when they reach their twenties they no longer think that they are too old for those things and want to do them again?

My grand mother in law collects those baby dolly things as a hobby. She has hundreds and is like in her late 60s.

I dont view digital figures as dolls. I view them as 3d models that are used in a studio setting to create art and animation. It's much more serious that simply paying with toys so to speak.

edited November 2012

I agree I do tend to get upset when people refer to 3D models figures as "Dolls" It so demeans what serious artists are trying to do with DS and Poser.

Some people may use them as 3D dolls, doesn't mean that all of us do.

I have only ever rendered one NVIATWAS, and that was a complete P taking render, and I have been using Poser since P3. Normally I use figures as an integral part of an image, as do artists who work with physical media.

Rant over, back to teh stupidity.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I agree I do tend to get upset when people refer to 3D models figures as "Dolls" It so demeans what serious artists are trying to do with DS and Poser.

Some people may use them as 3D dolls, doesn't mean that all of us do.

Sorry for calling them dolls. I did not mean any disrespect. I will try not to do that again.

edited December 1969

Man, I just cooked up tuna casserole and I forgot to cook the veggies! Damn, it set back my eating time :(

edited December 1969

I still call it all toys.
    I have building blocks, modelling clay and mechano sets as well as dolls in my computer.
    if I could afford dearer toys like 3dsMax, Maya, C4D and maybe CS6 I would still play with them the same.
    sometimes I have played with oil paints and boar bristle brushes on bit of canvas stretched over a wooden frame.
    or a bit of dirt that goes in a kiln afterwards
    still toys.

in MY hands! %-P

edited December 1969

Well I could update my JPG avatar, but cant update my PNG avatar :( (I prefer PNG)

edited November 2012

Chohole, could you possibly move my eyeshine tutorial thread to the artzone? It's lost in the mass spread out commons threads. A link to it is in my banner :) It's my only method to finding it. Either that or I just make a straight to the point version with all the tutorial details in a fresh thread.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

you can stick a gif there temporarily
    but others will not see your new avatar until they do a hard refresh or something, some have still not seen mine!
    here is one you can borrow

100 x 100 - 85K
    edited November 2012

Currently, my PC shows this JPG avatar... Which is the updated one, with various improvements... Most noticeably the shaders have been refined. and the bloodline logo is behind him. I cant get PNG to show it. Is this the one you see?

SpyroBloodlineAvatar_4.png
    100 x 100 - 19K
    edited November 2012

looks like it
    this is what downloads for your avatar

100 x 100 - 24K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

someone on youtube just shared some art with me.

edited December 1969

Yep, that's the one :) At least JPG avatars dont seem to degrade... so I guess I'll settle with it, until I do another avy later down the track.

Wendy, I have a idea for your next stupid animation video... You should do a documentary on wendy as she went from power member to a troubled addict and became a mental case LOL I loved that Giff of her in the "soft room" and when you were recovering addict with the drip haha! Wud make a great doco. But has to be narrated, and you'll need a nurse lol

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

you can stick a gif there temporarily
    but others will not see your new avatar until they do a hard refresh or something, some have still not seen mine!
    here is one you can borrow
    I'll be darned, it took till today but I got Wendy's Avatar to Update.
    edited December 1969

Really? I've been seeing her cat transformation gif for a while now

edited December 1969

it has been up since post 2501 but I knew quite a few have not seen it due to the refresh issue.
    this is what I mean Spyro, you may not see your new one and others may not too.

edited December 1969

Okay, I'll try the png avy again... How do I do a "hard refresh"?

edited December 1969

unsure

edited December 1969

Shift+Ctrl+R

ANd luckily I spotted I had missed the letter "f" from the first bit before I posted.

edited December 1969

Strange... it's not doing anything at all :S

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited November 2012

Oh hey, now I see the .png. But is it the right one...

Nope. Not the right one.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited November 2012

Hey there Skiriki!

Yeah I cant get the new one to show up. I might just go back to the JPG one... At least it is the new one there. lol

EDIT:
    There we go. You should see the new avy as a JPG again.

edited December 1969

Apparently somehow the system does not let the old files be overwritten or some crap like that.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Apparently somehow the system does not let the old files be overwritten or some crap like that.

At least for a period of time... I used JPG for my very first avatar. I switched to PNG cos I couldnt change the JPG at the time... and about a month later I was able to change JPG with my current upgraded avy (Below) but cannot change my PNG at this time.

SpyroBloodlineAvatar_4.png
    100 x 100 - 19K
    edited November 2012

trollllollolololololoollllllllllll
    using collision to dress Daz troll in Genesis clothing
    sound for Jaderail

trollololll00.gif
    500 x 500 - 2M
    trollololll00.gif
    500 x 500 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Pshaw. My Genesis Troll has been feeling very pretty for a long while.

trollop.png
    582 x 793 - 431K
    edited December 1969

Naw, these trolls are pretty :-P

This discussion has been closed.