How do I uninstall Poser 11 pro?

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
edited October 2016 in Poser Discussion

How do I uninstall Poser 11 pro?  I am having difficulties with opening Poser 11 pro.  It keeps crashing on me while opening.  I want to know how do I uninstall Poser 11 Pro.  I know I can do it from the control pannel but that does not seem to be enough.

Post edited by Sfariah D on

Comments

• Uninstalling an application won't usually remove settings - if the problem is a bad file that it is trying to read (such as a bad thumbnail in the library folders) then you would need to rename the folders so that Poser couldn't read them and try restarting, then if that worked you would close Poser, rename a folder, and relaunch until you found the issue (at which point you'd have fun going through checking to figure out which file was the issue). You might also want to try unisntalling any plug-ins you have, in case those are the issue (hopefully in the case uninstalling would be enough). Also check that you have the latest Poser SR installed. I can't recall if Poser 11 uses Internet Explorer or Adobe Air, if it does you would want to check for updates to those.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268

Have you tried deleting the Poser start up preference files from - C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\11  - make a copy before deleting.

I can't recall if Poser 11 uses Internet Explorer or Adobe Air, if it does you would want to check for updates to those.

Poser 11 uses - Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) Client Application and HTML5

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

I just started a trial for Norton, I think.  Would that cause poser to malfunction?

I figured out how to get Poser to work but then the keyboard stopped working.

I did get my keyboard working again, but it required doing a refresh.   All the files are still there but none of the software is installed.  Now Poser works.    I assume I do not have to reinstall the content as that did not get wiped, right?