Black November

Comments

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Yep... you will want to be checking early and often... Daily at least.

Well I just got my new Hyper suit in there 50% off for one day but don't know when, so people will have to keep an eye one the sales page or they miss out !!!
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Judgement day... er, black Friday? Wha?

I know nothing...

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

Nice Hyper-suit!

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

WOW this is delightful!!! I was a bit annoyed last night because I tried to order something for a project, and for some glitch it didn't go through on paypal's side, so I thought I'd try again in the morning... and it's an even better deal this morning, plus it qualifies for free item, and HURRAY PA fast grabs!!!!! (GRABBED RON'S brushes, can't get enough of those!!!!!)

As for demon girl Darona, I think she was in a few fabulous bundles already, such as good bad ugly or V4 toughness or something... anyone know???

You may already have her.

As much as I ADORE April's hair (and have several) I'm resisting.... When Look At My Hair Plugin comes out, I want to try making some of my own hairstyles albeit at a much lower skill level, but still! :P

So, I got the items needed for this book cover I'm doing, and i got a free item, and I got ron's brushes too.... I'm looking forward to the rest of November for teasing me into spending more than I should.... (and I thought I'd only be shopping at RDNA's annual 50/60/70% off sale or Rendo's gravy bowl. Pffffffffffffft. Better work harder to bring in the funds.... EEP.. Especially if I plan on buying Christmas gifts for the family. :P We were even planning to get a christmas tree for once... GASP. LOL.

• edited December 1969

Is the 40 percent off for all DAZ items all month? I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be something specific because it just links to become a member. I am thinking of joining again and if everything is that much less it, now would be a good time to do it.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

At less than $7.00 for a demon and Ron's brushes...I couldn't resist! My only problem with the other items is I've already got most of them...; )

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

Well I just got my new Hyper suit in there 50% off for one day but don't know when, so people will have to keep an eye one the sales page or they miss out !!!

Haven't had much coffee yet, but i'm not seeing a hypersuit anywhere ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

Haven't had much coffee yet, but i'm not seeing a hypersuit anywhere ?

The point of those posts is that items will be added as the month goes on - presumably at some point including the suit.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Ah, i read that as "midnight_stories just bought this" instead of "the midnight_stories hypersuit is about to be released".
    Definitely need more coffee :smirk:

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Ah, i read that as "midnight_stories just bought this" instead of "the midnight_stories hypersuit is about to be released".

For a moment there, I thought I needed some coffee to LOL!
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

You and me both ...
    *coffee*

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Will these black november sales products be added at the same time each day? If so, that rather locks those of us who are at work ... and restricted from checking the DAZ Store (or in the wrong timezones) ... out of the lowest prices?

I've always hated the one day only sales, but these 'lowest price ever for a few hours' sales are even worse.

But ... they do save me money! Since I rarely am able to take advantage of those sales.

So, I suppose I should thank marketing for coming up with another sales idea that keeps me to my budget. See? I can look on the bright side! I don't just complain :wink:

DAZ_Kevin said:

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2012

Would be nice to see a bundle that wasn't a grab bag or pot luck special.

Ya know stuff that went together? Or maybe a bundle with just two themes in it so it can reach out to more than one crowd? When you put 6 totally unrelated items in a bundle there is a good chance I'll only want one of them. And that puts me out of the market.

Will see what happens today.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited November 2012

Will these black november sales products be added at the same time each day? If so, that rather locks those of us who are at work ... and restricted from checking the DAZ Store (or in the wrong timezones) ... out of the lowest prices?

I've always hated the one day only sales, but these 'lowest price ever for a few hours' sales are even worse.

But ... they do save me money! Since I rarely am able to take advantage of those sales.

So, I suppose I should thank marketing for coming up with another sales idea that keeps me to my budget. See? I can look on the bright side! I don't just complain :wink:

DAZ_Kevin said:

It's not only those that work - it's those in the "wrong" timezone too.
    I thought Daz has found out that 24 hour sales are ok, that shorter sales are leaving behind unhappy customers.

Post edited by Kerya on
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Now THERE's an impractical outfit!

Oh, I know, she could be the villain, and too embarrassed to come out when they send Trotwood. "Eek! It's a boy!"

Impractical.jpg
    450 x 586 - 79K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

Kerya said:

DAZ_Kevin said:

It's not only those that work - it's those in the "wrong" timezone too. I thought Daz has found out that 24 hour sales are ok, that shorter sales are leaving behind unhappy customers.
    The last time they tried it was a couple years ago, wasn't it? I think some back-room DAZzlers are hoping that in that time most of the "troublesome" customers have given up in disgust and left, while new customers who aren't familiar with the issues will think this is "exciting and fun!" That the problems are intrinsic to the basic concept and structure of this kind of sale, and that new customers are capable of seeing them without being alerted by the old-fogey gadflies? Probably hasn't occurred to whoever decided to start this up again.

Speaking of old-fogey gadflies, I'd call 24-hour sales "barely tolerable" rather than "okay".

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

I am actually looking forward to this sale. I enjoyed last months sale... And am now getting enough content to make my hobby more fun and it allows me to learn more things as well...

Yeah we all complain sometimes (me included) but for the most part we are all happy with DAZ or we wouldn't still be here...

Admittedly I wont have any money for a couple of day so that kinda limits my buying but I am ok with that too I am still trying to get through all the content I Bought last month :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    I am still trying to get through all the content I Bought last month :coolgrin:

I haven't even attempted to install most of the stuff I got last month. Or a large percentage of the stuff from before that.

I'm really far behind, sometimes it takes a year before I actually use something in a render for the first time. But I do like to use my monthly $6 allotment for the heck of it. Haven't been tempted yet this month.

edited December 1969

JK0011 said:

I haven't even attempted to install most of the stuff I got last month. Or a large percentage of the stuff from before that.

I'm really far behind, sometimes it takes a year before I actually use something in a render for the first time. But I do like to use my monthly $6 allotment for the heck of it. Haven't been tempted yet this month.

I usually just download the files and store it on an external drive until I need it for something but I do tend to forget I have things so I Am trying to get organized now to an extent.. I haven't found anything to use mine on yet this month either.

edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    JK0011 said:

I usually just download the files and store it on an external drive until I need it for something but I do tend to forget I have things so I Am trying to get organized now to an extent.. I haven't found anything to use mine on yet this month either.

I am somewhat organized. I have folders that make sense to me...I tend to put content in folders by the month i purchased it because I used to wait till end of month and install all at once. Now I only install stuff I need for a project. Between projects I look for stuff to install but I'm starting to realize some stuff wasn't really a needed purchase so I'm a lot more conservative now with my spending.

When Daz did that Buy More save more promo I bought a ton of stuff and installed it all so it's not like I don't have plenty of stuff to work with. The stuff I bought after that including stuff from the PA sale and PC stale are waiting to get some action.

edited December 1969

Yes. When discussing what would make this Black November Sale really special for PC members, it was pointed out how much that 40% was liked in the PC anniversary sale, so put that at the top of the list for this promotion. We can't do it all the time, but we are running it through the end of the month.

Is the 40 percent off for all DAZ items all month? I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be something specific because it just links to become a member. I am thinking of joining again and if everything is that much less it, now would be a good time to do it.
    edited December 1969

We will try to keep deals up for at least 24 hours so that no matter when they launch, if you are checking each day, you will be able to get it at the best price. I can't guarantee that EVERY deal will be like this, but for this sale we will certainly try to accommodate those who can only check once a day.

DAZ_Kevin said:

edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    JK0011 said:

I am somewhat organized. I have folders that make sense to me...I tend to put content in folders by the month i purchased it because I used to wait till end of month and install all at once. Now I only install stuff I need for a project. Between projects I look for stuff to install but I'm starting to realize some stuff wasn't really a needed purchase so I'm a lot more conservative now with my spending.

When Daz did that Buy More save more promo I bought a ton of stuff and installed it all so it's not like I don't have plenty of stuff to work with. The stuff I bought after that including stuff from the PA sale and PC stale are waiting to get some action.

That's a Good Idea on the folders, I am hoping to curb my spending this month.. And buy only useful things...

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/sylvanna-for-genesis
    Looks like another daily deal is out there-- 50% off this and 50% off Orion's store! Grab it quick... 50% ends tomorrow.

edited December 1969

I like the fact that the freebie stuff had a few male character I wanted. Sadly, didn't have enough DAZ original stuff to buy them, but it was cool to see they were available.

edited December 1969

Seems like it is almost that time for an update.

edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Looks like another daily deal is out there-- 50% off this and 50% off Orion's store! Grab it quick... 50% ends tomorrow.

Huh? That went up last night -- like, over twelve hours ago now.
    edited November 2012

DAZ_Kevin said:

Strange I had one of Orion's outfits in my wishlist and it was still showing only 40% off in mine this morning after a refresh but now its on sale with the rest of Orion's stuff

Post edited by JennK on
    edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

Strange I had one of Orion's outfits in my wishlist and it was still showing only 40% off in mine this morning after a refresh but now its on sale with the rest of Orion's stuff
    Given the new store's frequent caching issues I've gotten into the habit of doing a hard-refresh (hold down the shift key while clicking the Refresh button) when checking for updates. I bought Sylvanna last night (somewhere over 12 hours ago now), at which point I saw Orion1167's store at 50-70% off (just checked, still do).

Is that it for today, or should we be checking back for a blitz-bundle?

edited December 1969

sadly, nothing new that I can see yet, even with a hard refresh. I like Sylvanna's boots. Thanks to everyone for posting about Orion's store.