Save a morph once it has been imported back into DAZ

HentaiTentacleHentaiTentacle Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hello,

I transferred V4 model into Hexagon using the DAZ->Hexagon bridge.

I then made some modifications and sent it back to DAZ. The morph appeared as "My morph" and was applied.

I then saved the file in DAZ to "mynewV4withmorph.duf"

However when I reload that file my new morph is missing from the model and isn't applied.

How do I save the morph so I can import it back into the model and into other V4's ?

Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What did you save it as in the Save As menu?

I use Save As > Support Asset > Morph Asset(s), and it is loaded each time I load the default Genesis. Select your Morph in the menu that appears.

• HentaiTentacleHentaiTentacle Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

When I try to save it as a support asset in the file menu ->

It says

Resource error:

"you must save Figure/Node Assets before you can save Morph Asset(s)"

and if I try to save the entire figure it says I must convert it to a weight mapped figure first... which doesnt' sound right to me.

edited December 1969

Sorry, my mistake,

Since it is a Gen 4 figure, you have to use Save As > Deprecated > Pose Preset, and follow the path in the menu to the morph you want to save. I just did it, and it works OK. I am using DS 4.5.1.6.

edited December 1969

Using DS 4.5.1.6:

I tried using Save As > Deprecated > Pose Preset and then selected the morph. This saves with a .ds file extension which is a script rather than a morph and it doesn't load into new V4 models.

Morphs are pp2 or pz2 files I think.

edited November 2012

DAZ Script files perform lots of functions. PP2 files are Poser Props, and PZ2 are Poser poses or MAT poses.

I tried this and it does work. Where did you save the DS morphs to?

I saved mine into the My Library folder, into Presets > Poses, and the file is saved as a DSA file (plain text). Load V4, make sure it is selected in the Scene pane, and then find the Morph in your content, and double click to apply it. DS should also have created a thumbnail for the Morph.

EDIT:

The morph does not apply immediately to the figure. You have to go to the Parameters pane, and use the slider there.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Don't know what to tell you,

I created a morph using Hexagon, saved it as a deprecated pose file. And it doesn't load into a new V4.

I'm pretty sure scripts cannot be used to save morphs all the morph injects I've ever seen are .pz2 files not .ds

edited December 1969

Don't know what to tell you,

I created a morph using Hexagon, saved it as a deprecated pose file. And it doesn't load into a new V4.

I'm pretty sure scripts cannot be used to save morphs all the morph injects I've ever seen are .pz2 files not .ds

DAZ Scripts can be used for almost anything, and as I pointed out already, PZ2 is a POSER file format. PZ2 files work inside DS, but they are not a DS native format, DSA is.

Where did you save the created file to? Which folder? Did DS4 create a thumbnail for it? Can you see it in the Content Library pane?

When you select a V4, and double click on the DSA file, what happens? Have you looked at the Parameters pane to see if the morph is there, you will need to move the slider in the Parameters pane to apply the morph?

What version of DAZ Studio are you using, I am using DS 4.5.1.6

edited December 1969

I saved the morph in the default DAZ pose preset folder, DS4 did create a thumbnail for it, I could see it in the library pane but when I load V4 and double click it, nothing happens the morph is not applied and its name does not appear in the parameters tab.

There is no error message, just nothing happens.

I am using DS 4.5.1.6
    and Hexagon 2.5.1.79

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I want to know how to save the morph for V4 M4 A3 or other figure too. (not genesis,, or prop)

though I can load obj whenever I want as morph target by morph loader,,
    but it seems not good way,,

when I first try to make morph for spuggles,, I could not find the answer .
    (I did not know about poser at all, so just tried it to save as ds files, but as for me, I need to change the spuggle
    to triax weight figure first, then save as morph (ds file),,)

Now I tried same things about M4 . after save the morph (choose the path , under morph loader section, then check it)
    as dsa pose file, then load new scene, load M4, select M4 root, apply the pose preset,,
    not happen. I tried both first save morph value full, and next save morph value zero,,
    but about both case,, the dsa file can not apply as morph,, (or I need to serch not under morph loader category?)

I can make morph and load it to ds.
    and I can save the scene with morph as duf, and it keep the morph and controller I made.though I did not save it as morph yet,,

but I can not the save moprh, as same as I can with genesis,,,

I think there must be right way,,so if I need set option when save it as dsa?
    or if need to change M4 to triax figure first ?(it seems not better way,,, though I can save the morph,,)
    or use poser file exporter tool? :roll:

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

I saved the morph in the default DAZ pose preset folder, DS4 did create a thumbnail for it, I could see it in the library pane but when I load V4 and double click it, nothing happens the morph is not applied and its name does not appear in the parameters tab.

There is no error message, just nothing happens.

I am using DS 4.5.1.6
    and Hexagon 2.5.1.79

Hmmm...I got the same problem here as the above, and I am at risk of having to shut down the computer soon. If I save the scene. does it save this morph in the scene, or am I going to lose it if I can't get this working? (Ricahrd, any tips here?)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited March 2014

why do I bother?

Post edited by patience55 on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

I am able to get the morph in DS. Actually I got it by bridge,and I also got it via OBJ and Morph Loader Pro...I just cant save it in any way that works from DS

I probably need to ask in the DS Forum.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited April 2014

3doutlaw said:
    I am able to get the morph in DS. Actually I got it by bridge,and I also got it via OBJ and Morph Loader Pro...I just cant save it in any way that works from DS

I probably need to ask in the DS Forum.I vaguely remember creating morphs for V4 back in DS3 and saving the figure. As V4 was a cr2 file have you tried exporting the object with the morph as a cr2 file?

It would be useable for personal use but you would need injection and removal files for distributing the morph if you want to share.

Edited to add link to a thread bejaymac posted in http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14126/#206896

The biggest problem is that your making morphs for a Poser figure and trying to save them in DS, which is something most try to avoid.

If you plan on distributing the morph for others to use then it HAS to be in Poser format, and you only really have two choices on how to do that with DS.

1) Get your morph into V4, then go "File > Export" and create a new Poser .CR2, your morph will be written into the file, then you use a program like Injection Pose Builder or Injection magic to strip your morph out of the CR2, it will then write it out as an Injection PZ2, which is what you distribute.

2) You can do it all in DS if you wish, in DS4 Pro we have the EXP exporter, you can use it to either make an EXP based Injection PZ2, the morph channels work the same way as V4's ie you need to run the BAT file to create the channels, or you can use it to create a normal Injection PZ2 which will use one of the Legacy channels.

Link to the DAZ docs on EXP http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/exp/tutorials

It took me a while to find which menu to use so I thought I'd add the info here.

Go to the scene tab.

Click on the triangle on the top right hand corner ( same menu as adding a smoothing modifier.)
    Go to Assets/ExP Export.

You need to have a legacy figure loaded.

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

why do I bother?

Because you're very knowledgeable and also kind enough to take the time...; )

Hugs

Pen

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    why do I bother?

Because you're very knowledgeable and also kind enough to take the time...; )

Hugs

Pen

Thanks. ;-)

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited April 2014

Thanks for the link, Pendraia :)

This is not for redistribution, but personal use - so don't want to be jumping through all sorts of hoops. I've downloaded the documentation for fuller study.

In the old DS 3.5, and i'm sure, the earlier versions of 4, we had a nice trick. Daz figures are "protected" in Carrara, so you can't make morphs outside the channels which are already assigned. The parts of the face which give a figure character - nose, cheeks, eyes, have no channels which can be morphed in Carrara out the box.

So what we learned to do was to use the Hex bridge to make a tiny morph - simply move an inconspicuous vert a very small bit, then save that as a full body morph. In Carrara we could then access the full body and morph whatever we needed to and still retain all the built-in morphs.

From what I've read recently, it seems that we must now make a new cr2 for every character change - I'll have to check whether the default morphs survive this new character creation.

This method was also handy for fixing poke-through in clothing, Carrara not having a decent autofit and smoothing - V4's boobs seem to be bigger in Carrara than in Studio!

Seems to me that DS4.6 is like Vegas - whatever happens there, stays there :)

Post edited by Roygee on
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Thanks for the link, Pendraia :)

This is not for redistribution, but personal use - so don't want to be jumping through all sorts of hoops. I've downloaded the documentation for fuller study.

In the old DS 3.5, and i'm sure, the earlier versions of 4, we had a nice trick. Daz figures are "protected" in Carrara, so you can't make morphs outside the channels which are already assigned. The parts of the face which give a figure character - nose, cheeks, eyes, have no channels which can be morphed in Carrara out the box.

So what we learned to do was to use the Hex bridge to make a tiny morph - simply move an inconspicuous vert a very small bit, then save that as a full body morph. In Carrara we could then access the full body and morph whatever we needed to and still retain all the built-in morphs.

From what I've read recently, it seems that we must now make a new cr2 for every character change - I'll have to check whether the default morphs survive this new character creation.

This method was also handy for fixing poke-through in clothing, Carrara not having a decent autofit and smoothing - V4's boobs seem to be bigger in Carrara than in Studio!

Seems to me that DS4.6 is like Vegas - whatever happens there, stays there :)

happy I could help...I don't know much about carrara as I've never used it. I think it's more that they don't expect anyone using DS to be using the legacy figures much so it's set up more for exporting Genesis type figures.
    edited December 1969

Yes, obviously Daz would want us all to get - and spend lots of money on the latest. But there are thousands of products, which Daz also sells, which are not Genesis related - animals, buildings, cars, you name it which are cr2. Not to mention our own home-made stuff.

From what i understand, folk can't even save morphs of cr2's for use in Studio, never mind opening a channel for them in Carrara.

If we are expected to make a new cr2 for every change, may as well use MakeHuman - it is so much simpler to make a custom figure :)

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Yes, obviously Daz would want us all to get - and spend lots of money on the latest. But there are thousands of products, which Daz also sells, which are not Genesis related - animals, buildings, cars, you name it which are cr2. Not to mention our own home-made stuff.

From what i understand, folk can't even save morphs of cr2's for use in Studio, never mind opening a channel for them in Carrara.

If we are expected to make a new cr2 for every change, may as well use MakeHuman - it is so much simpler to make a custom figure :)

For non weight mapped figures people have two choices. They either export it as a cr2 or they need to use the ExP system.

For props, I'm not sure that you would need to do a cr2. I know I save clothes in duf format with morphs...I would think that should work with most props also. I can't check as I'm export my user data at the moment. More props are being sold in duf format also.

edited December 1969

Yes, there will be a legacy of cr2's around for many years to come - Daz is seriously limiting usage by breaking the morphing of cr2's. I'll take a good look at the Exp system, see if that will serve my needs.

Did some experiments with a simple model and found that exporting as a new cr2 will only retain one morph, whereas converting to TriAx and saving as duf, I could stack the morphs.

Anyway, this will work for the conversion of a model that I'm helping someone with - he won't need morphs, just needs to morph it then save a new cr2.

The good news is that I can still use the trick of making a full body morph channel and morphing in Carrara. I suppose at some stage I'll be forced into getting the latest Carrara, which does read duf. :)

• Gendragon3DGendragon3D Posts: 172
    edited December 2015

I would like to take this forum to take a question that perhaps many. Has nothing to do with what you are discussing I think, but believe me, I cost figure out how to get into a forum of DAZ3D for help.

I created some morps of female heads Genesis1 and also
    PNG images in the size 91x91 for display on the controller morphs, but whenever I encerrro my DAZ Studio 4.8 Pro,
    images disappear. Please, how can I fix this?
    There is a script for this? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong!
    All morphs were saved correctly in the folder My Library \ data \ DAZ 3D \ Genesis \ Base \ Morphs \, as well as images with the same filenames "dsf"
    Below is the image as it should be!

Thank you all and sorry for the intrusion.
    Have a happy Christmas!

Anderson Soares - (Gendonk) - Gendragon

186 x 327 - 22K
    Post edited by Gendragon3D on
  • Gendragon3DGendragon3D Posts: 172
    edited December 2015

Post edited by Gendragon3D on

I would like to take this forum to take a question that perhaps many. Has nothing to do with what you are discussing I think, but believe me, I cost figure out how to get into a forum of DAZ3D for help.

I created some morps of female heads Genesis1 and also
    PNG images in the size 91x91 for display on the controller morphs, but whenever I encerrro my DAZ Studio 4.8 Pro,
    images disappear. Please, how can I fix this?
    There is a script for this? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong!
    All morphs were saved correctly in the folder My Library \ data \ DAZ 3D \ Genesis \ Base \ Morphs \, as well as images with the same filenames "dsf"
    Below is the image as it should be!

Thank you all and sorry for the intrusion.
    Have a happy Christmas!

Anderson Soares - (Gendonk) - Gendragon

Anytime "any" change is made to any of these dials, be it to colour them, add an icon, etc. one must "re-save" them to exactly the SAME place they already were.

That means manually digging through the data folder and finding exactly which folders they go to as one can only save to "one" product folder at a time. Also note the Vendor name etc. as that too is actually a reference to the folder D/S will be saving the files to.

Hope this helps ;-)