-Planet Alpine- (Commercial)

StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,156
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hell freezes over with Planet Alpine,taking the Planet Lava scene (currently on sale) I've sprinkled some fairy dust & converted it to a winter scene,
This one will be released as soon as Planet Lava is through it's intro period.
Available in both Poser and DAZ|Studio versions

Cheers
Stefan

Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Awesome,!!! when I first saw Planet Lava my first thought was "you know, i bet with some retexturing that could be converted to a kool snow scene"

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Looks amazing! :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Awesome!! :-)

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Awesome,!!! when I first saw Planet Lava my first thought was "you know, i bet with some retexturing that could be converted to a kool snow scene"

Intriguingly, I looked at the promos and felt it would make a great oceanic scene with some tweaking.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

Even more useful than the lava version! Perfect for a backwater mining moon in the outer rim.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Excellent. I've just installed Planet Lava and run a couple of quick test renders (looks great!) so I'll definitely get this.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,524
    edited December 1969

Lovely, as usual.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited November 2012

Chilling! It gave me shivers! (Sorry, I'm almost to my second green box and pretty much replying to anything, but this really is cool.)

That said, any chance of a desert variant?

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    edited December 1969

Hell freezes over with Planet Alpine,taking the Planet Lava scene (currently on sale) I've sprinkled some fairy dust & converted it to a winter scene,
    This one will be released as soon as Planet Lava is through it's intro period.
    Available in both Poser and DAZ|Studio versions

Cheers
    Stefan

Ah - two words.

1) Awesome!

2) Sadist! :coolsmile:

(As I sit here, writing the check to cover LAST month's credit card bill). :gulp:

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512
    edited December 1969

Stunning! I take it you need planet lava for this to work, or is this a separate package? Are the grounds and background included?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

And I for one will be delighted to get the skydome with those mountains on it. That will be six kinds of useful for all kinds of scenes.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

ooh this is so great. i loved planet lava already, now i love it even more

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

If this set got an aquatic add on would be awesome

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

Very nice!. Wish I could afford. Beautiful!

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah, desert and aquatic as well as the alpine would turn it into a complete set of cross-planet outposts.

It's just screaming out to be used in some animated series or other.

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Chilling! It gave me shivers! (Sorry, I'm almost to my second green box and pretty much replying to anything, but this really is cool.)

That said, any chance of a desert variant?

yep,started a desert version last week...though it'll be all new models so not ready 'till early next year

edited December 1969

Stunning! I take it you need planet lava for this to work, or is this a separate package? Are the grounds and background included?

it will be sold as a seperate stand alone package,so you wont need planet lava to use it..however buyers of planet lava will get it for 50% off instead of the usual 30%

thanks
    Stefan

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

That's awesome. Is the snow on the walkways permanent? Or is there an option to have them cleaned?

edited November 2012

Supercope said:
    That's awesome. Is the snow on the walkways permanent? Or is there an option to have them cleaned?

the snow shader comes with a dial so you can control the amount

Post edited by Stonemason on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

Supercope said:

It would be even cooler if it came with a little tiny snow shovel for moving the snow around.

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

Supercope said:

I move that it is AWESOME! Can I get a second? or an Amen?

• edited December 1969

Planet Alpine is going to be epic.

Stonemason, I sent you a PM in reply on Renderosity, but I'll ask here since people tend to miss site mail over there:

Any chance the perimeter wall could be made modular with straightaway pieces and corners, with mirrored geometry for each piece, so a user can construct their own perimeter of whatever design and size they choose?

I am really excited for this!

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

it will be sold as a seperate stand alone package,so you wont need planet lava to use it..however buyers of planet lava will get it for 50% off instead of the usual 30%

thanks
    Stefan

The Planet Alpine store page says it requires Planet Lava. Did something change since you posted this, or is it an error in the store?

edited December 1969

its an error..I've just emailed DAZ about it...there also should be a 50% off deal for buyers of either set..so lava buyers can get it at 50% off and Alpine buyers can get Lava at 50% off

hopefully DAZ will have it fixed asap

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Should be all set and working now.

its an error..I've just emailed DAZ about it...there also should be a 50% off deal for buyers of either set..so lava buyers can get it at 50% off and Alpine buyers can get Lava at 50% off

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Grab it straight away 50% off yes sir !!!
    Got a mean monster coming soon to suit both planet Lava and alpine environments.
    Just brilliant work Stonemason !

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited November 2012

DAZ_Kevin said:
    Should be all set and working now.

I think it's still not quite right.

Regular price is $34.05, normal discount (30%) is $24.47, and for Lava owners (50%) should be $17.02, but my purchase went through at 50% off of $24.47 , or $12.43.

I owe somebody about $4.59

You might want to fix it before too much damage is done.

How do I pay what I still owe?

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • edited December 1969

I don't think it is an error. I was only interested in Planet Alpine since you mentioned after I commented on your Planet Lava render at Renderosity that I would love to see an ice version. So I waited for Planet Alpine, and bought it yesterday. Installed it today and tried to use it, but it has Planet Lava dependencies:

Cannot locate LPLavaCenter.obj

I tried to reinstall the Poser Core .exe that I downloaded for the product to make sure the install worked properly, and it did. A quick CNTL+F of the "readme" file showed no entry anywhere for LPLavaCenter.obj; not in the Poser Core, DSON Core, or Legacy D|S file list.

So this product is, in fact, dependent on Planet Lava. Which officially makes it the most expensive add-on ever, especially when you consider that it is almost entirely the same geometry.

Is there a way I can either get the LPLavaCenter.obj so I can load the scene, or get a refund? I really wasn't interested in Planet Lava; I was only wanting Planet Alpine. If they cannot be mutually exclusive products, then I think you should seriously consider lowering its price point.

Thanks for your consideration.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited November 2012

Put in a support ticket with Daz and ask for a refund. It's inside 30 days so they will give you one. The entry calls it a shader expansion to planet lava, however it does not say that planet lava is a required product, that should be updated because it is. I have the following missing files when I tried to load it

/data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPAerial2/LPAerial2.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDeckD/LPDeckD_37373.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDeckG/LPDeckG.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDeckC/LPDeckC_43199.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPWallsA/LPWallsA_15278.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPCablesB/LPCablesB_3860.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDoorAWheel/LPDoorAWheel_1032.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPRocks/LPRocks_101860.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPBridgeA/LPBridgeA_11293.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDeckACeiling/LPDeckACeiling_24926.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPAerial4/LPAerial4_2560.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPLavaCenter/LPLavaCenter_95.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPRocksB/LPRocksB_30004.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPAerial3/LPAerial3.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPRocksA/LPRocksA_15002.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDeckF/LPDeckF_12815.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPWallsB/LPWallsB_13534.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPSkydome/LPSkydome_1793.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDeckE/LPDeckE.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPAerial5/LPAerial5_1286.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDoorA/LPDoorA_1182.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDeckARailing/LPDeckARailing_9249.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDoorB/LPDoorB_1306.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDeckB/LPDeckB_19673.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPSparksB/LPSparksB_1020.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPCablesA/LPCablesA_1499.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPDeckA/LPDeckA.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPBridgeB/LPBridgeB_17016.dsf
    /data/Stonemason/PlanetLava/LPAerial1/LPAerial1_2560.dsf
    Post edited by anikad on
  • edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Put in a support ticket with Daz and ask for a refund. It's inside 30 days so they will give you one. The entry calls it a shader expansion to planet lava, however it does not say that planet lava is a required product, that should be updated because it is. I have the following missing files when I tried to load it.

I did email them asking for a resolution. I think there was just some confusion, as it is obvious the QA testers must have ran this through as an add-on to 'Planet Lava' and that's how it got released, but Stonemason intended it to be standalone, so they changed the text on the product page to say it was standalone, but the product is dependent.

I really hope there's a way to just get the missing file and keep it a standalone product. I think that at the combined price point for both sets, it is more expensive than Stonemason's biggest set, the "Urban Sprawl 2", and that is worth it's price point because of the enormity of the set, the extensive geometry, and the massive number of textures. These two together certainly do not equal that.

At any rate, I'm sure it will be resolved soon. Stonemason and/or someone from Daz3D is bound to swing by here. Fingers crossed for a standalone product!