Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

It's not showing as updated product, it's just in the list of the Products (and says 64 bit Win)  I'm a 64 bit person so I should have that installed?  Would I uninstall the 32 bit? You said there's 4 and I'm not seeing a 32- and if so, how do I uninstall it? (What difference does it make if I'm running a 32 bit?) 

edited October 2016

LOL, I was smart last night. I went ahead and shopped/wrote down the items from stores through N to get a head start on shopping today.  Watching the Ryder Cup!  I got two years of PC+ membership yesterday (two orders) as I wasn't sure how long that would be in play. For $14 a year- think about that. $12 of products every month discounted, x 12 months is $144 dollars off a year. Wow.  

So what are you folks buying from the featured stores? Here's some I picked up:

Peng Hair   Great for many time periods, very contemporary look

Z Summer Romance Poses   Great variety, remember you're getting two poses together already set up- and great starting points for individual poses to tweak/ use alone too. Think outside the box. Example: That one where he's "airplaning" her on the stomach- a GREAT flip-it-over- going in the water pose (being thrown in!) 

Interstellar Officer-  one of the rare "sleek" looking sci-fi outfits- that doesn't have accentuation on the crotch with a piece plastered there (not a fan) The back is also great. Very family friendly.

Eliza-   you already know this is coming- love the brow thickness. If you haven't explored Godin for women, browse that store!

Divided Highway- been waiting for this to go on sale as I didn't need it immediately. I love the bridge underpass section!  I'm putting trees in front of the concrete walls in the background. Add more vegetation to provide interest, etc.

JP Sport Convertible-  a contemporary car to put on those highways- and the white car looks like my white 350Z convertible!  Check out Russo's store for more cars- but read the description.I think some are low poly, some aren't. (and some doors may open and some not, can't remember.)

Coders Haven-  obvious choice for a computer setup that has some extra goodies / common sense things that are around computer stations. You can Photoshop out the yellow sticky note messages and add your own for humor or make it relevant for your scene.

Hospital Emergency-  a must for every city- practical. 

Biker Bandit-  A Daz Original (and if you got that orange banner, you get additional discount) and the textures    Love the sleek look and flat footed boots. 

Plaster PBR-   make your own walls. This is the vendor I used for the Mega Grass/Stone wall example. Picked up most of the images. The tree bark, leaves, stone- good stuff!

and as I mentioned, Fangtastic to make quick, easy changes to teeth to get away from square teeth. (Linked to bundle.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Novica said:

It's not showing as updated product, it's just in the list of the Products (and says 64 bit Win)  I'm a 64 bit person so I should have that installed?  Would I uninstall the 32 bit? You said there's 4 and I'm not seeing a 32- and if so, how do I uninstall it? (What difference does it make if I'm running a 32 bit?) 

Do you have 32-bit ticked in your Download Filters?  You get much better speed with the 64-bit version.  The general release and public beta versions are the same, so it doesn't matter which one you have installed.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Novica said:

So what are you folks buying from the featured stores?

I just couldn't stop adding Ron's bundles of brushes in my cart! Now I've got over 30 sets.

Time to stop buying (sure!) and learn to use them all! laugh

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    Novica said:

LOL, I was smart last night. I went ahead and shopped/wrote down the items from stores through N to get a head start on shopping today.  Watching the Ryder Cup!  I got two years of PC+ membership yesterday (two orders) as I wasn't sure how long that would be in play. For $14 a year- think about that. $12 of products every month discounted, x 12 months is $144 dollars off a year. Wow.  

So what are you folks buying from the featured stores? Here's some I picked up:

Peng Hair   Great for many time periods, very contemporary look

Z Summer Romance Poses   Great variety, remember you're getting two poses together already set up- and great starting points for individual poses to tweak/ use alone too. Think outside the box. Example: That one where he's "airplaning" her on the stomach- a GREAT flip-it-over- going in the water pose (being thrown in!) 

Interstellar Officer-  one of the rare "sleek" looking sci-fi outfits- that doesn't have accentuation on the crotch with a piece plastered there (not a fan) The back is also great. Very family friendly.

Eliza-   you already know this is coming- love the brow thickness. If you haven't explored Godin for women, browse that store!

Divided Highway- been waiting for this to go on sale as I didn't need it immediately. I love the bridge underpass section!  I'm putting trees in front of the concrete walls in the background. Add more vegetation to provide interest, etc.

JP Sport Convertible-  a contemporary car to put on those highways- and the white car looks like my white 350Z convertible!  Check out Russo's store for more cars- but read the description.I think some are low poly, some aren't. (and some doors may open and some not, can't remember.)

Coders Haven-  obvious choice for a computer setup that has some extra goodies / common sense things that are around computer stations. You can Photoshop out the yellow sticky note messages and add your own for humor or make it relevant for your scene.

Hospital Emergency-  a must for every city- practical. 

Biker Bandit-  A Daz Original (and if you got that orange banner, you get additional discount) and the textures    Love the sleek look and flat footed boots. 

Plaster PBR-   make your own walls. This is the vendor I used for the Mega Grass/Stone wall example. Picked up most of the images. The tree bark, leaves, stone- good stuff!

and as I mentioned, Fangtastic to make quick, easy changes to teeth to get away from square teeth. (Linked to bundle.) 

P3D Angel

Oriental Breeze Pool (thanks to your renders of it)

Yuki Outfit

i13 Implications

@dawnblade- So glad you're buying Ron's sets. He is battling cancer and his family sure appreciates the support. Anyone who doesn't have the brushes are missing out on great opportunities, such a variety! Have fun with them! 

BTW, fun from Ryder Cup. You can't make this up-

1. one ball goes into a official's POCKET

2. then a ball gets lodged between a man's back and his backpack- and it's the FATHER OF THE OPPONENT!   Had the ball continued on it's path, it would have gone deep into the galley, so the Europe dad helped the American team!

I'm sure GolfChannel.com will have those clips, be sure and check it out!

Here's some things to take a look at (even if I can't get them all, they go in my cart then I have to take things out.)

Therapist's Office- Frankly, forget about the poses- this has a morphing couch, morphing chair, and the BLINDS OPEN AND CLOSE and are different.  They are office blinds. Great for making your own walls (with the plaster PBR I linked previously.) Make your own rooms with planes and windows (I gave a tutorial on how to do those with cubes/planes) etc.

Great combination- use Village Road to lead up to Mountain Trail- be sure and look at those thumbs to see all you get with it! This is one of the finiggling ones in my mind, I took them out of the cart due to so many items, but they're back in today. Can't pass them up. That's one of my rules, if I can't forget something, then I listen to my gut and take something else out of the cart. These two pair so nicely, and you can use the props in other places- all of Andrew's sets are the same style so the mix and match is awesome.

Ham Radio Equipment goes well with the Vintage Lounge Furniture.  Many ham operators still exist, great for storylines with emergencies, particularly in island settings for storms, snowstorms, etc.

More coming. Feel free to add your Stores picks.

Do you have 32-bit ticked in your Download Filters?  You get much better speed with the 64-bit version.  The general release and public beta versions are the same, so it doesn't matter which one you have installed.

No, the 64 bit. So a bit confused, so since I don't have 32 bit in the Product list and the 64 bit is there, I should install the 64 bit, or are you saying the general release/beta are 64 bit so I have that installed even if I have it showing in Products? I'm so duh.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

If you have 64-bit and Public Beta checked in your Download Filters, then you should see 2, one installed and one not.

More to look at:

Love the size of the New Addition Living Environment, a lot of wall space to add props and easy to light with the skylights, which are huge, and the end of the room windows. The barstools are interesting and so is the curved armchair. LOL, even threw in a bottle of beer. $8.98 (1 featured item in cart to drop the price)

Billboard effects- and what a variety!  Grab Jepe's z- Bundle IV with four products! I bet these are great with DOF. (depth of field) $14.38 with one of the featured products in the cart.

Heads up, Chase (Gen 3 Male) has 9 brow presets!  Dark, light, different ones!  Thanks @Karth!

Been waiting to scoop this up- Station X is huge- land starships, have aliens, whatever- you have the decks to do it. Check the thumbs- it's got all sides, not just a front. $10.42 (w featured) and the Captain's Ready Room to take charge of it!

Indoor Skate Park- use the buildings for other things, doors open and close!  Note the grafitti wall, use it for other scenes. Only $7.18 (w featured)

Gastro Pub Beer Garden -  has partial interiors and also puddles!  I think can be used for a home too, and other businesses. 

If you have 64-bit and Public Beta checked in your Download Filters, then you should see 2, one installed and one not.

I have the 64 bit checked and not the Public Beta. But the 64 is in the list so I'll install it. Thanks!

Renomista said:

I really like her materials- the freckles don't distract, they're perfectly done. And of course, the eyebrows!  Have you had a chance to play around and render yet? Would love to see her.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Novica said:

@dawnblade- So glad you're buying Ron's sets. He is battling cancer and his family sure appreciates the support. Anyone who doesn't have the brushes are missing out on great opportunities, such a variety! Have fun with them! 

BTW, fun from Ryder Cup. You can't make this up-

1. one ball goes into a official's POCKET

2. then a ball gets lodged between a man's back and his backpack- and it's the FATHER OF THE OPPONENT!   Had the ball continued on it's path, it would have gone deep into the galley, so the Europe dad helped the American team!

I'm sure GolfChannel.com will have those clips, be sure and check it out!

Here's some things to take a look at (even if I can't get them all, they go in my cart then I have to take things out.)

Therapist's Office- Frankly, forget about the poses- this has a morphing couch, morphing chair, and the BLINDS OPEN AND CLOSE and are different.  They are office blinds. Great for making your own walls (with the plaster PBR I linked previously.) Make your own rooms with planes and windows (I gave a tutorial on how to do those with cubes/planes) etc.

Great combination- use Village Road to lead up to Mountain Trail- be sure and look at those thumbs to see all you get with it! This is one of the finiggling ones in my mind, I took them out of the cart due to so many items, but they're back in today. Can't pass them up. That's one of my rules, if I can't forget something, then I listen to my gut and take something else out of the cart. These two pair so nicely, and you can use the props in other places- all of Andrew's sets are the same style so the mix and match is awesome.

Ham Radio Equipment goes well with the Vintage Lounge Furniture.  Many ham operators still exist, great for storylines with emergencies, particularly in island settings for storms, snowstorms, etc.

More coming. Feel free to add your Stores picks.

@Novica, truth be told that is one of the reasons I bought his brushes. Hope it helps. His brushes are so good! Practicing with his flame's brushes with the step-by-step tutorial he made.

Funny golf stories! Will have to check them out. Just added Village Road and Mountain Trail to my ever-growing wishlist!

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    Novica said:
    Renomista said:

I really like her materials- the freckles don't distract, they're perfectly done. And of course, the eyebrows!  Have you had a chance to play around and render yet? Would love to see her.

Still sitting in my cart.

try to post something tomorrow.

edited October 2016

Yeah, I should mention these things are what's showing for me as "I hadn't purchased yet, was wishlisted" because I'm not seeing a lot (ahem, understatement) of the products such as the @Polish Oriental Breeze Pool. What I've already recommended / showcased is in the thread. Thanks for mentioning the pool, it's a real winner IMO.

Still going- here's the Alicia Armor Outfit- flat heels, not boots, yeah!!! And a DO so the price is ultra low if you have the orange banner. (and low even without it as PC member/w feature item)  @Kool also has that very realistic zombie, if that's your thing. Would scare the kids in my books, so not my thing, but really gory!

In the DO vein, IH Kang has Daz Originals- and the Chef outfit would go well with the Steakhouse and that uniform I already linked and mentioned yesterday.  

Even though I have these, I wanted to mention ones we've already covered in the thread- I have the Casual A outfit, and it's a nice one for the males. Like the shoes too. (Remember, people liked the coat outfit because of the shirt and shoes, we already showcased it. The texture on the coat is really great in closeups too. Can open/close the jacket.)  You can use those shoes for any Gen3 Male dress outfits or w casual ones (use shaders!)  I always think "practical" and "well made" when I think of IH Kang products.

Picking up the Hoodie- (and skinny jeans) wow, what wrinkles- so realistic! look at the thumbs. Outfit comes with tennis shoes and nice top. The Peter Pan Collar Dress (too short for me, don't see lengthen morph) has TWO sit morphs, and you can see the flexibility of the spread left/ right for the skirt in the thumbnails. So if you want a shorter dress with "flare" this is perfect.

War Dog Remastered-  @Luthbel always has great attention to detail. 

@Lyoness would be LY Mila (bushier than normal, not the penciled, love it. And face is "pretty woman.") and LY Rani (although there is an error/ something definitely wrong with the second row, third image. An eyebrow blob above the eyebrow on our right.)  Rani has a gypsy/exotic look too. Very versatile, nice job!  And LY Serenity is one with the No Brow option.

Post edited by Novica on

Then of course, there's all of Maclean's Everyday series. 'Nuff said.  Same with Merlin- sets are always detailed.

Alliance Outfit- almost missed this. The main promo shows a shorts outfit- it goes full length! And the shoes are interesting. And it's a DO!  Textures available.

MRL Willow- have showcased, she's lovely for a blonde/fair face. One of my very favorites. (Mihrelle's Eden has a dirt material, if you're looking for that.) 

Going to stop here to ask- I wanted to mention it, and can't find it- (did yesterday, darn it, forgot to put in the cart)  It's not Creature Creator, but what is the ear/creature morphs for Genesis 3? Can't find it in search. It will be a vendor from yesterday (so through "G")   HELP!

• Could it be Cake One's Fantasy Features you're looking for ?

http://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-features-for-genesis-3-bundle  

Could it be Cake One's Fantasy Features you're looking for ?

Bingo, thank you!!!!! 

• Novica said:

Could it be Cake One's Fantasy Features you're looking for ?

Bingo, thank you!!!!! 

You're very welcome! I new I'd seen something like that ,but couldn't remember who made them  ,so just did a search for ear morphs and looked under genesis 3 ;) 

And then found out I have them wish-listed, talk about brain meltdown lol

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    Novica said:

More to look at:

Love the size of the New Addition Living Environment, a lot of wall space to add props and easy to light with the skylights, which are huge, and the end of the room windows. The barstools are interesting and so is the curved armchair. LOL, even threw in a bottle of beer. $8.98 (1 featured item in cart to drop the price)

Billboard effects- and what a variety!  Grab Jepe's z- Bundle IV with four products! I bet these are great with DOF. (depth of field) $14.38 with one of the featured products in the cart.

Heads up, Chase (Gen 3 Male) has 9 brow presets!  Dark, light, different ones!  Thanks @Karth!

Been waiting to scoop this up- Station X is huge- land starships, have aliens, whatever- you have the decks to do it. Check the thumbs- it's got all sides, not just a front. $10.42 (w featured) and the Captain's Ready Room to take charge of it!

Indoor Skate Park- use the buildings for other things, doors open and close!  Note the grafitti wall, use it for other scenes. Only $7.18 (w featured)

Gastro Pub Beer Garden -  has partial interiors and also puddles!  I think can be used for a home too, and other businesses.

Really great tips, you're gonna make me burn through my GC... 

quick question on the skate park, do the metal vertical shutters on the outside of the windows slide up and down?

edited October 2016

I don't have my purchases finalized yet- these have all gone in the cart, then I have to take about half out.  :(  If anyone else has Skate Parkt, please test? I'm planning on getting it but it will be very late tonight. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2016

Okay, still wading through- 

If I am seeing this right, Neikdian's Containment Unit has a building too!  See the thumbs! 

Ness Period Reproductions has neat vintage items. We featured this vendor a lot in the previous threads. Pentonville Prison (and Modern Prison update) have what you need for a prison environment without breaking the bank- and the Modern one will show you the interior of the cells. With shaders, you can really grunge it up.  

Nexus Base Building is Iray and has indoor and outdoor.  Unique- not only do the doors move, so do the handles! (if you're doing animations, take note!)  I like that the walls aren't cluttered, you can put other sci-fi stuff in there without a clash of styles. 

Turbohawk- the promo shows the great pilot area- and what about making those round parts of the wings emissives? Wow.  A night render or cloudy / dusk render with that flying in would be awesome!  22 Movable Parts:

• 4 Doors
    • Roof Hatch
    • 2 Wings
    • 2 Rotors
    • 2 Turbines
    • Turret
    • Barrels

It's in this bundle too.

Post edited by Novica on

Scarves will give you a great variety- think "Shaders!" I like the western bandana type one the best. The headdress one will be great for mideastern/exotic outfits.

Bachelorette Party Skirt Outfit has so many parts- that jacket  would be great with a long, leave it out shirt and jeans- and with full leggings, that short skirt becomes family friendly. The shoes are separate and adorable. And LOOK AT THE MORPHS. Gotta get this one, it's another one I overlooked because I thought "short skirt." It's versatile and looks well made.

Strong Ponytail Stylized Hair- I had wishlisted this- I was considering another cartoon hair (Tiger, I think it was) but this one has a few more elements to it and is my fav anime type hair.  If you're doing cartoons, that hair on one character would go great with the Swirly Pigtails Stylized. For real hair, Rochelle Ponytail Hair looks stunning.

Novica said:

P3D Angel

Well, this is too funny. I already have Angel- I just now wandered down to the P vendors and was wondering where she was! I won't be rendering her though, since you have her. (and if you want to render her.)   

P3D Luna is a great pick to make a child! Look at those eyebrows- so natural!  And Marina for natural eyebrows.

One I may have pointed out a day or so ago, can't remember- this has the poses for the Bella Donna dress, and includes the chaise lounger. You know what it's like to pose long dresses in a reclining position? Click and done! And this includes 54 Iray Shaders! See thumbs.

Polish- as you know, that Oriental Breeze Pool has the most awesome pavilion with blinds that go up and down, and the pool is wonderful water, and the lights, and, and, and ... get the gist? Polish is one of my top favorite vendors, I was hooked when I rendered Western Town. I am eying the Astro Sport Car  and College Classroom (most realistic IMO. I was full time faculty at a university for five years and this looks just like the auditorium for the larger classes I taught)  

Picking up the Urban Art Studio- LOOK AT THOSE PROPS! 

Hey mods- will you check this? Petipet's store was empty except for one item with "Hide What I Own" and obviously,  I don't own 98 things. I had to check CLEAR ALL for things to show up.

LOL- but no mistake- I own every single one of Phoenix1966's characters!  A couple years ago, we featured that vendor and everyone really liked the materials. Take a look! 

Curious? 46 things in the cart to sort through, it's $1032.70 discounted $667.11 down to $365.59. That averages out to $7.95 each- and many sets!  Now to start whacking things out of the cart. (Sad face.)  

edited October 2016

NOOOOOOOOO!  Magento errors on pages again!!!! Watch it if you are checking out!!!!!! (started exactly 11:05pm Central)   Can't get on some of the product pages!!!!

(Edit- lol, they didn't want me to take things out of the cart....) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2016

wow, 13,000 posts. Well, I kept some of the sets, gave up clothes and a few characters, but yeah, got a few more females. Couldn't pass up those brows. I'll render some of the stuff I got while I watch the Ryder Cup tomorrow.  

Post edited by Novica on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

I usually don't post but I read all your posts. I really like the tips and stuff you give. Thank you, Novica! :D

edited October 2016

So I will combine the new stuff and see what I can come up with.  I  think you're gonna love that car, Marina with black hair, and wearing the striped outfit- who doesn't  love red, black, and white together?  The outfit posed like a charm, so easy! And Marina's face poses easily too, no puckers or Botox Babe Syndrome looks.  And the Pub is a great background building! 

Astro Sport Car  (location shown in Content Library) > “Vehicles:Polish:Astro Sport Car”

P3D Marina    > “People:Genesis 3 Female:Characters:P3Design:Marina” 

Cathy Hair/OOT Hairblending > “People:Genesis 3 Female:Hair:OOT Cathy Hair”

Hoodie and Skinny Jeans Outfit  > “People:Genesis 3 Female:Clothing:H&C Casual:Hoodie & Skinny Jeans Outfit”     Note: really love the hood down option- you pick it and it loads in. You do not load the hood up then have to go into Parameters to tweak it. And the wrinkles/folds are excellent. My favorite hoodie!

Gastro Pub and Beer Garden > “Environments:Architecture:GastroPub”

Suggestion: darken the headlamp chrome so the detail shows, otherwise you might get a lot of glass glare.

MarinaCar.png
    900 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

I usually don't post but I read all your posts. I really like the tips and stuff you give. Thank you, Novica! :D

I enjoy yours too over in Commons- and you're rocking that new avatar! yes

This discussion has been closed.