Food, glorious food!

2»

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited November 2012

Teehee, I am so happy with this :D
    When you're done I'm gonna cook you a virtual meal!
    WITH desert XD

Oh wait!
    Ideas yeah *desert* there is one <==<br /> Strawberries with cream YUM
    And for fish, I eat Salmon mostly (yes, I also got sick from that bad badge a few months ago)...
    Hmm, let me think:
    - pickles
    - sandwiches
    - spam
    - cake & cookies, muffins
    - candybars
    - (fried) chicken
    - rice & beans
    - taco's
    - salad
    - CHOCOLATE & BON BONS (although I already had them through the Curious Tea bundle, there is no such thing as too much chocolate)
    - English: fish and chips
    - aspergus
    - noodles (in a cup)
    - gummi bears (LOL)
    - lasagna
    - Baked and/or cooked potatoes
    - don't know the english name, but we (the Dutch) call it sate and it's usually eaten with peanutsauce: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/Sate_ayam_Jalan_Sabang.JPG
    - fishsticks
    - snails
    - mushrooms

Also, I found this link where pictures are shown what people eat all over the world:
    http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1626519_1373664,00.html
    Perhaps a nice way to get some more inspiration, and it is fun to have a peek at what people eat!

OMG, I am so hungry now ><</p>

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm still at work on the food item's. Are there no others out there that have ideas? I'm trying to do a good job on the meshes, and learning new things just for this. If the interest is not to high, I'll stop at the ones I've made so far.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

Would love to get my hands on some meat like rabbit, deer, Peacock, buffalo, and creatures like what you'd hunt with a bow in the jungle or rainforest's or coastal areas :cheese:

And yes, my tribe will eat peacock. :-P They say it tastes just like chicken!

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

You into fruit and seafood as well?

edited November 2012

Spyro I'm doing the Primitive stuff don't you worry over that. I've started the rabbit already. Plenty of fruits on the web my friend the other stuff we need, buffalo added to list. Missed it.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited November 2012

Will you make peacock?? LOL (six days, seven nights - movie - loved it as a kid haha)

I was kidding bout the fruit, there is heaps of produce on the market haha

Peacock_3.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 313K
  • cliffwmscliffwms Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

I find these food items more my taste (Pun intended)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/search.php?criteria=oleo&adv;_search=

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

So are you still cooking Jad??

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Will you make peacock?? LOL (six days, seven nights - movie - loved it as a kid haha)

I was kidding bout the fruit, there is heaps of produce on the market haha

Umm Spyro ya know once they are plucked a peacock doesn't look very different from a turkey or a chicken ...just a size difference ......ya know the saying "clothes make the man" that is even more true for the poultry ......

edited December 1969

I hear they taste just like chicken too :-P

@Jader - The rock says "Can you smell what the Rock is cookin'?"

What are you cookin' Jader? Long time no food man :-P

edited December 1969

I'm still Cooking folks, Some of these items are a REAL PAIN IN MY ARSE. You Try doing cooked Spaghetti with meatballs and sauce some day. GEEZ, The poly count jumps with every edit.

edited December 2012

Pasta would be excruciating to model. If I were you, I'd create the bowl, make a Cylinder then cut off the back face and sides and create a displacement map of the pasta to raise the details on the surface. Not sure how to do it in hex... But here is a video on Youtube that shows the idea in 3ds Max. I'm sure there's a way to create a displacement modifier for the objects geometry. Your Cylinder (Plane) will need to have a reasonable but not excessive poly count.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtKFrhEVjFY (About 6 mins in to the tutorial, he demonstrates features that would be useful for creating the pasta, without making each individual pasta like "fiber mesh") Surely there is something that does it similarly in hex or what ever software your using.

EDIT: - Make that 11mins in - Sorry :-P

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

Good to see you're still "cooking" :D